Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you favor?
Denver CO 77 60.63%
Houston TX 50 39.37%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:28 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times

Advertisements

My question to you guys, C2H and Spade, is what the hell are you doing on this forum? There's a whole "City vs City" forum designed specifically for comparisons and "smack downs" like this. This is the Colorado forum (and then strange how you posted this here rather than the Denver forum), which about Colorado, not Houston, Texas. If I wanted to talk about Houston I'd go there. I've noticed some of your other Houston buddies go on the Phoenix forum and start PHX vs HOU threads there too. I just don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 12:48 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
My question to you guys, C2H and Spade, is what the hell are you doing on this forum? There's a whole "City vs City" forum designed specifically for comparisons and "smack downs" like this. This is the Colorado forum (and then strange how you posted this here rather than the Denver forum), which about Colorado, not Houston, Texas. If I wanted to talk about Houston I'd go there. I've noticed some of your other Houston buddies go on the Phoenix forum and start PHX vs HOU threads there too. I just don't get it.
Why not, its fun....

I had to add this just because everyone expects me to:

PUEBLO is better then both cities!

Last edited by Josseppie; 02-24-2009 at 01:00 PM..

Old 02-24-2009, 12:57 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I wanted to get perspective because i lived in Colorado for 22 years and have been living in Houston for a few years. Just out of curiousity i guess. I participate on the Colorado forum becuase i did grow up the majority of my life there. I'm 28 years old so although i'm a Texan now, i'm still majority still Coloradan. I have a right to be on this forum. And like Joseppie said, It's fun!!!

And also, you're wrong about the Phoenix thread. It wasn't even Houstonians who were starting those threads.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:13 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
I wanted to get perspective because i lived in Colorado for 22 years and have been living in Houston for a few years. Just out of curiousity i guess. I participate on the Colorado forum becuase i did grow up the majority of my life there. I'm 28 years old so although i'm a Texan now, i'm still majority still Coloradan.
Well then why didn't you say so? I thought you were just another troublemaker here. Tell us, C2H, why did you move to Houston? Where in Colorado are you from?

Old 02-24-2009, 03:11 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,792 times
I grew up in Colorado Springs (lived there for 19 years). Lived in Pueblo for 3 years while attending CSU for several years.

I moved to Houston for several reasons:

1) I wanted a change from Colorado
2) My girlfriend was living down here
3) Most of my extended family lived here (wanted to be a little closer)
4) Tired of the brutal cold winters
5) More ethnic diversity in Houston which i figured would give more opportunities for minorities like myself.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:21 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
My husband was born in Houston - his dad built houses in The Woodlands. I lived in Texas (east) for many years and then Dallas.

We have a nickname for Houston that I won't even begin to mention. But to me, there is no comparison regarding quality of life. We were just there last month for a funeral (all of his family is still there) and I kept commenting that I don't see how people can stand to live there.

He is back there on business at least every other week. He said it was muggy. I think you are just getting used to it.

In general, I couldn't wait to get out of Texas, so I might not be the best to answer this question without being terribly one sided. The south is NOT for me.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:44 PM

169 posts, read 672,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
My husband was born in Houston - his dad built houses in The Woodlands. I lived in Texas (east) for many years and then Dallas.

We have a nickname for Houston that I won't even begin to mention. But to me, there is no comparison regarding quality of life. We were just there last month for a funeral (all of his family is still there) and I kept commenting that I don't see how people can stand to live there.

He is back there on business at least every other week. He said it was muggy. I think you are just getting used to it.

In general, I couldn't wait to get out of Texas, so I might not be the best to answer this question without being terribly one sided. The south is NOT for me.
Sadly I have to agree with this. The South is a whole different world ( on many levels not just climate).

I'll take CO Front range winters over Houston/New Orleans heat/humidity any day. Also I think C2H is being a bit generous there on the heat/months thing. In New Orleans (which has the same climate) - the heat starts in May and doesn't let up until Oct -- June through Aug/Sept are horrendous. There are NO breaks in there. At least here you get nice breaks in the winter in CO regarding cold. For instance, today it was 65 degrees, sunny with 24% humidity and this is expected through most of this week.

I spent MANY days during the summer inside in the A/C - going outside would not be fun. Another thing is that shade offers no relief. Honestly other than family in LA I would never go back. I hate to say that about my native region, but after being here it is no comparison IMO

Old 02-24-2009, 09:02 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
I've never been to Houston, so I can't say anything bad about it. I know that I don't care for heat and humidity, so I'd probably not be a big fan of Houston's climate.
I'm from Denver, and if given the choice, would move back in a heartbeat. So while I can't really give fair comments about Houston, I know I love Denver. To me, this wouldn't even be a contest.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:02 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
This poll is kind of interesting, I bet it would have a different take in Texas.....

Old 02-24-2009, 09:07 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
He asked the same question on the Texas page. Last time I checked it, it was Denver 8, Houston 7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City