Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state would you rather live in?
New Jersey 73 57.48%
South Carolina 54 42.52%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 04:53 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,305,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers115 View Post
New Jersey... Better jobs, better schools, close to NY and Philly, gambling, not a red state, higher income, less crime, not poverty struck ect ect.

Better beaches too, nothing like the Jersey shore
New Jersey has less crime than South Carolina? Are you serious? I need to see some official stats before I can believe this. No offense.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:01 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,491,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
New Jersey has less crime than South Carolina? Are you serious? I need to see some official stats before I can believe this. No offense.
SC was voted the third worst state for crime

I am not sure where NJ was but it was not in the top 20

Most Dangerous States - WalletPop

Old 04-15-2009, 07:20 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,868,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Just not my thing, that is my point. It isn't exactly a mecca of sophistication or cosmopolitanism. Kind of like living in a bubble from everything else going on in the world, and there is just so much of the world to see.. It is probably the antithesis of that and I believe the majority of people there want to keep it that way and live in the past, w/ no desire to experience the rest of the worlds cultures.
You obviously miss the point of the official state snack, official state drink, official state craft. Those have nothing to do with the rest of the world; it's about local culture and history. How could you miss that?

If you want to argue that SC is isolated and insulated, you'll have to do it on other grounds. You're just sounding silly here.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:23 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
SC was voted the third worst state for crime

I am not sure where NJ was but it was not in the top 20

Most Dangerous States - WalletPop
That is true. Newark, Irvington, and Camden are only a few parts of NJ. Few people every think about Englewood Cliffs, Englewood, Parsippany, and other communities that are very safe.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:24 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,491,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
That is true. Newark, Irvington, and Camden are only a few parts of NJ. Few people every think about Englewood Cliffs, Englewood, Parsippany, and other communities that are very safe.
why dont we talk about how florence sc has the number one murder rate in the u.s. per capita

or the other bad areas such as north charleston, etc

Old 04-15-2009, 08:54 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
There are alot of things to come out of New Jersey. Arm and Hammer products are made by Church and Dwight in Princeton,NJ, the same place where you have Princeton University. Berlitz(the language books) is in Princeton as well. Anyone ever drink tea made by Lipton? It is made by Unilever in Englewood Cliffs,NJ. Avis Rent a Car is headquartered in Parsippany-Troy Hills. You have Campbell Soup in Camden. Johnson and Johnson is in New Brunswick,NJ.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:04 AM

83 posts, read 195,119 times
how bout all the arts that come from new jersey bruce sprinsteen, bon jovi, redman, fugees, the misfits, black label society, naughty by nature, e town concrete. The sopranos and plenty of other tv shows and movies have been shot in nj. we got moofooockin shaq and a book werid nj about ghost spots in our state. Were between nyc and philly and in most spots in nj you can drive a 1/2-1 hr and go from a bad area to one of the nicest neighborhoods in america.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:18 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,307,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedcorn View Post
how bout all the arts that come from new jersey bruce sprinsteen, bon jovi, redman, fugees, the misfits, black label society, naughty by nature, e town concrete. The sopranos and plenty of other tv shows and movies have been shot in nj. we got moofooockin shaq and a book werid nj about ghost spots in our state. Were between nyc and philly and in most spots in nj you can drive a 1/2-1 hr and go from a bad area to one of the nicest neighborhoods in america.
Whitney Houston, Lauryn Hill, Dionne Warwick, and many others (http://www.celebratenj.org/g_celebrities.html - broken link) the light bulb, the telephone

South Carolina gave us Stephen Colbert

Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 AM

2,653 posts, read 5,961,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
South Carolina gave us Stephen Colbert
Who now lives in Montclair, New Jersey!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:40 AM

806 posts, read 2,960,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Who now lives in Montclair, New Jersey!
Isn't his show in New York City though?

I Streetviewed it. It looks pretty nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City