Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,290,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Not true. It depends on who is leaving...if you have an educated wealthy couple displacing a poor large family, not only do you keep the tax base, but you decrease some expensive social services (fewer kids in school for example). Also, you have people who can spend disposable income at local businesses, and more talent to attract businesses.

It sucks to destroy the character of a neighborhood and lose population pissing contests, but it isn't always the sign of an unhealthy city.

Yeah, if you could only cherry pick who could and who could not move in or out life would be easier, wouldn't it?
By the way do you know what the infamous Chicago brown-bag test was?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:06 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,419 times
Without even seeing the guys' posts, I know as well as you do that you're not getting intelligent responses back. Just let it go.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:18 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,558,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
Without even seeing the guys' posts, I know as well as you do that you're not getting intelligent responses back. Just let it go.
Bingo. When he gets rational responses, his tactic is to ignore or change the subject. He lives up to his nickname...back to the the list for him.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:20 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,123,712 times
I tried to put him on my ignore list but don't know how. Any help?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Bingo. When he gets rational responses, his tactic is to ignore or change the subject. He lives up to his nickname...back to the the list for him.
You are breaking my heart Hendu... I think you should only read posts by those who think Chicago is the best i.e. other Chicagoans. Life will be easier this way.

Why don't you all go back to Chicago forum and discuss Chicago greatness, its famous theater and culture without fear of being laughed at by folks from other cities?

Old 04-11-2009, 11:21 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,123,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
You are breaking my heart Hendu...
Your on here EVERY Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.

Get a life. Your pathetic.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Your on here EVERY Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night.

Get a life. Your pathetic.

I can't. I am in Chicago. There is no civilized life here. All tests came back negative.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:28 PM

1,060 posts, read 1,558,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I tried to put him on my ignore list but don't know how. Any help?
Go to my settings and edit ignore list.

Quote:
You are breaking my heart Hendu... I think you should only read posts by those who think Chicago is the best i.e. other Chicagoans. Life will be easier this way.

Why don't you all go back to Chicago forum and discuss Chicago greatness, its famous theater and culture without fear of being laughed at by folks from other cities?

Sorry to break your heart Dementor, but life is too short. I'll gladly read posts by people who don't think that Chicago is great...but hopefully more rational and less prejudiced ones. No need to discuss the theater when I can just go there instead. I'm sure you'll have plenty of others to tangle with though. Catch ya later.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:32 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,070,892 times
Quote:
Well yeah but population change is one of the indicators of city's health.
Losing population is never good even if people just move to the suburbs.
Poor New York City in losing population due to the health of the city being too expensive.
N.Y.C. so costly you need to earn six figures to make middle class
Quote:
Researchers said the combination of skyrocketing costs, stagnant wages and a deteriorating quality of life forced hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers to flee the city for cheaper areas during the boom years from 2002 to 2006.
The report found that more New Yorkers left each year during the boom than left during the dark days of the early 1990s.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:34 PM

5,525 posts, read 13,947,108 times
Quote:
I can't. I am in Chicago. There is no civilized life here. All tests came back negative.
I forget, why are you here if you hate it so much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City