Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you believe is the most hated group in America?
Politicians 23 23.00%
Bankers and Finance/Wall Street types 17 17.00%
Idiots who bought houses they couldn't afford 11 11.00%
African Americans 15 15.00%
Jews 2 2.00%
Muslims 9 9.00%
Mexicans/Hispanics 12 12.00%
Asian Indians 0 0%
Southern White Males 11 11.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 06:08 PM

93,329 posts, read 123,972,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
As a white kid growing up in a mostly Black and Latino community I would have to say the most hated group was white kids. Not universally, but definitely scapegoated.

It' not easy taking lumps for slavery and World War II when you are 9 years-old. Black History Month, in general, was a tough time.

ABQConvict
As far as the second set of sentences, are you sure you are talking about New Mexico?

I understand though, but the tables were turned and luckily it was when I was young.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCreass View Post
I really don't understand why there is any kind of hatred for gay people either. In the case of men, I believe the hatred/prejudice stems from insecurity and fear of something they don't (and can't) understand. After all, people have a knack of finding it easier to hate someone different than to actually try to understand, or just plain accept any differences.

Personally, I don't have anything against gay people. My wife has several gay male friends....all good guys, I might add.
To be honest, I think that people only think in terms of the sexual aspect and that's it. I think that threatens people and they feel uncomfortable. Sad, but true.

What's crazy is that heterosexuals aren't exactly sexual purists either, if we are going to go there. I had a conversation about this with a co-worker, but more in the terms of how heteros view that sexual aspect towards people that are gay, but seem to forget that the overall sexual aspect isn't about being gay or hetero(or shouldn't) when you look at laws. Here's something interesting I came across on the web that shows the struggle on those terms for gay people, but also how inconsistent they are carried out and that such acts are carried out across sexual orientation:SODOMYLAWS.ORG

Old 04-10-2009, 07:14 PM

274 posts, read 197,394 times
Straight White Males.Does not matter if they are southern or not any Straight White Male is the most hated and oppressed person in this country.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:16 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,576,941 times
The OP for needing a scapegoat and starting such a stupid thread.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromutt View Post
Straight White Males.Does not matter if they are southern or not any Straight White Male is the most hated and oppressed person in this country.
As far as?

Old 04-10-2009, 07:38 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
right now everyone hates people on wall street and politicians. It seems lke republicans are getting some hate too. Why, I dont know but durng the election last year alot of people who voted for Obama were out and direct with they're choice but it seemed like most McCain supporters were more reserved with their choices. Like this girl at the library said "I dont know who I'm Voting for," but she had a big ass "McCain Palin 08" sticker on her laptop. Seriously it's not like somebody's going to kill you if you vote for McCain.

Also, Hispanics get alot of hate in the south(except florida and texas). You got both black and white people on T.V. with a huge southern accent saying "GET THEM LATINOS OUTTA HERE" and the news repoters dont even say anything. I was really surprised. I'm from the chicago and most of latinos aren't even bothered like that. But in the south it's a different story. Not all people, of course but it might be just culture shock.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:42 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,682,159 times
Quote:

Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times
Quote:

Old 04-10-2009, 08:03 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times
Quote:
lol

Old 04-10-2009, 08:03 PM

814 posts, read 2,307,213 times
asians are constantly scapegoated because they are so few and many are successful at all other times. in times like this, i would say latinos are the focus because of the border problem.

it's not unusual for racist quips to be said against asians without batting an eye. i just recently heard of a high school student saying he/she was the target of racism in a classroom from a teacher and they were the only asian in the classroom. saying things like asians are not as creative etc making it a race issue ignoring confucianistic culture and upbringing. what will you all do if china becomes a superpower and will you fight like americans did from british rule etc while everyone in the class turned to look at the one asian student. the teacher purposely put that person on the spot.

it's also okay to make fun of asians too it seems. this all has to do with few numbers and when you outnumber certain groups, it's easy to pick on them without worrying about consequences.

thank goodness most asians are not like me and just take it or let it roll off their shoulders and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City