Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you believe is the most hated group in America?
Politicians 23 23.00%
Bankers and Finance/Wall Street types 17 17.00%
Idiots who bought houses they couldn't afford 11 11.00%
African Americans 15 15.00%
Jews 2 2.00%
Muslims 9 9.00%
Mexicans/Hispanics 12 12.00%
Asian Indians 0 0%
Southern White Males 11 11.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
So are you saying that in Houston black people fear for their safety?
As far as violent attacks and tolerated animosity goes, gays definitely have it worse. As far as less overt discrimination goes, Black people definitely have it worse. A gay person can apply for a loan or go to a job interview without ever revealing that they are gay, a visible minority can't exactly do that.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:13 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldawg1594 View Post
kkk
Haha, I doubt it considering many of the attitudes on this board.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:26 AM

61 posts, read 247,669 times
some people dont hate anybody, so i concur with KKK/whitepower being one of most frowned on (almost hated) groups.

hey, many ethnicities were listed, but not EUROPEANS/WHITES

lol
*sigh*

Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
So are you saying that in Houston black people fear for their safety?
Certainly not any less than gays do here. Depends on the situation and location.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:42 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
The poll was closed when I looked, but I would say Mexicans for sure. God, they make me so mad. Any Hispanic people need to stop coming over here. You are ruining the country. There were enough of you here to sustain the economy, but now you are just like a swarm of locusts. You ruin every government system in place. California is majority Hispanic...does that make anyone happy? Most gang and drug related crimes in CA are from Hispanics. Better yet, most are illegal. That guy that killed the Adenhart (Angels pitcher) and his two friends and injuring another one badly was Hispanic. My neighbors got robbed by Hispanics. My mom also got killed and carjacked by Hispanics. My dad is unemployed because of Hispanics. My education system isn't as good because Hispanics are taking over all of LA. The mayor couldn't give a s*** cus he's Hispanic. A HUGE area of LA (South Central, East, North Long Beach, inland OC, the IE, and central SFV) is infested with Hispanics and it is like a third world country with all the billboards and stores named in Spanish. I live in an upper class neighborhood and have a Spanish billboard a block from me that the city is pissed about so we're having it removed. Hispanics are just dirty people. If you don't believe me, come watch them at the beach. I can't go to my local beach cus they all go there and are super ghetto and its uncomfortable. They litter everything. The black people don't and the gays would be the ones cleaning it up. Prop 8 passed in LA county and if you look at the stats, Hispanics have a heavy influence in our voting and they voted for it, therefore passing it in LA county. The IE, Vegas, and Phoenix are where tons of Hispanics moved and do you notice a connection between demographics and foreclosures and other banking issues?

I could go even more, but I just have an outright hate for Hispanics. Now, there are plenty of exceptions and I love my Hispanic friends that are curteous, not ghetto, and attempt to better their lives, but there are just too many in this once wonderful state and something needs to be done to get them out and keep them out. Same goes for Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas. Trust me, we don't have any more work than Mexico does with our unemployment rate, so they should just stay where they belong.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:48 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Moderator removed: Do NOT make personal insults, please. You must come from a place that is not diversed to say such things. You only speak due to Mexicans. I have seen many pople that ruins America is not only the Mexicans.

I just saw your other post that you posted. I think differently now of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
The poll was closed when I looked, but I would say Mexicans for sure. God, they make me so mad. Any Hispanic people need to stop coming over here. You are ruining the country. There were enough of you here to sustain the economy, but now you are just like a swarm of locusts. You ruin every government system in place. California is majority Hispanic...does that make anyone happy? Most gang and drug related crimes in CA are from Hispanics. Better yet, most are illegal. That guy that killed the Adenhart (Angels pitcher) and his two friends and injuring another one badly was Hispanic. My neighbors got robbed by Hispanics. My mom also got killed and carjacked by Hispanics. My dad is unemployed because of Hispanics. My education system isn't as good because Hispanics are taking over all of LA. The mayor couldn't give a s*** cus he's Hispanic. A HUGE area of LA (South Central, East, North Long Beach, inland OC, the IE, and central SFV) is infested with Hispanics and it is like a third world country with all the billboards and stores named in Spanish. I live in an upper class neighborhood and have a Spanish billboard a block from me that the city is pissed about so we're having it removed. Hispanics are just dirty people. If you don't believe me, come watch them at the beach. I can't go to my local beach cus they all go there and are super ghetto and its uncomfortable. They litter everything. The black people don't and the gays would be the ones cleaning it up. Prop 8 passed in LA county and if you look at the stats, Hispanics have a heavy influence in our voting and they voted for it, therefore passing it in LA county. The IE, Vegas, and Phoenix are where tons of Hispanics moved and do you notice a connection between demographics and foreclosures and other banking issues?

I could go even more, but I just have an outright hate for Hispanics. Now, there are plenty of exceptions and I love my Hispanic friends that are curteous, not ghetto, and attempt to better their lives, but there are just too many in this once wonderful state and something needs to be done to get them out and keep them out. Same goes for Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and Texas. Trust me, we don't have any more work than Mexico does with our unemployment rate, so they should just stay where they belong.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 04-16-2009 at 09:06 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 12:52 AM

734 posts, read 2,053,919 times
Politicians/lawyers. Maybe dentists, too.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:58 AM

61 posts, read 247,669 times
cast your vote here:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/city-...roups-usa.html

Old 04-15-2009, 01:04 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Trust me, I'm not racist, just toward the certain Hispanics that are ruining the country. And living in West LA, I know diversity. I have friends of all races. I am tolerant of religion, especially since I'm Jewish. I have plenty of gay friends.

I guess the main reason I don't like them is the fact that they refuse to assimilate. The immigrants of the early 20th and late 19th centuries assimilated into American society by learning the language, supporting the government, and just having an overall appreciative attitude toward being in this country. Hispanics illegally cross the border, go live with their other illegal friends, live off welfare and other government money, a lot are in gangs and do crimes, they overloaded the education system of LA and other cities, and live in their own little bubble of American life, not trying to assimilate, preferring to live as though they were still home. Well, they're not. To get welfare and all the government stuff, you should be able to read or hear the info in English, not make me "Press 1 for English". If you get a drivers license in the United States, where our language is English, you should not be reading a handbook in Spanish. If a sign on the side of the road says something important in English...well...you're f'ed...and might f other people too.

Sorry that I'm going on such long rants, but you will never understand the frustration until you live in LA for years and see how much the city has changed due to Hispanics and struggle to live comfortably because your dad doesn't speak Spanish and can't get a job. And no, he doesn't do blue collar work. And I got kicked out of the school I wanted to go to because they decided to accept more Hispanics. I got back in, but it was hard. My high school, in a mostly white neighborhood of the South Bay in Los Angeles is probably close to equal between Hispanics and whites, and our test scores are in between the neighboring cities'. Ones with more Hispanics have lower test scores such as Hawthorne and Lawndale, but ones with less Hispanics have higher scores and grades such as West Torrance and all the ones in Palos Verdes. Coincidence? I don't think so...

Old 04-15-2009, 01:08 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Ok now I get what you are saying. I have never encountered that problem in NYC lol. You should move to NYC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Trust me, I'm not racist, just toward the certain Hispanics that are ruining the country. And living in West LA, I know diversity. I have friends of all races. I am tolerant of religion, especially since I'm Jewish. I have plenty of gay friends.

I guess the main reason I don't like them is the fact that they refuse to assimilate. The immigrants of the early 20th and late 19th centuries assimilated into American society by learning the language, supporting the government, and just having an overall appreciative attitude toward being in this country. Hispanics illegally cross the border, go live with their other illegal friends, live off welfare and other government money, a lot are in gangs and do crimes, they overloaded the education system of LA and other cities, and live in their own little bubble of American life, not trying to assimilate, preferring to live as though they were still home. Well, they're not. To get welfare and all the government stuff, you should be able to read or hear the info in English, not make me "Press 1 for English". If you get a drivers license in the United States, where our language is English, you should not be reading a handbook in Spanish. If a sign on the side of the road says something important in English...well...you're f'ed...and might f other people too.

Sorry that I'm going on such long rants, but you will never understand the frustration until you live in LA for years and see how much the city has changed due to Hispanics and struggle to live comfortably because your dad doesn't speak Spanish and can't get a job. And no, he doesn't do blue collar work. And I got kicked out of the school I wanted to go to because they decided to accept more Hispanics. I got back in, but it was hard. My high school, in a mostly white neighborhood of the South Bay in Los Angeles is probably close to equal between Hispanics and whites, and our test scores are in between the neighboring cities'. Ones with more Hispanics have lower test scores such as Hawthorne and Lawndale, but ones with less Hispanics have higher scores and grades such as West Torrance and all the ones in Palos Verdes. Coincidence? I don't think so...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City