Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you believe is the most hated group in America?
Politicians 23 23.00%
Bankers and Finance/Wall Street types 17 17.00%
Idiots who bought houses they couldn't afford 11 11.00%
African Americans 15 15.00%
Jews 2 2.00%
Muslims 9 9.00%
Mexicans/Hispanics 12 12.00%
Asian Indians 0 0%
Southern White Males 11 11.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:13 AM

61 posts, read 247,669 times

Advertisements

is it true LA is now 70% Hispanic and growin?

whats sad i think is the diversity is going down as one ethnicity dominates so to speak.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:18 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Ok now I get what you are saying. I have never encountered that problem in NYC lol. You should move to NYC.
Easier said than done. I beg my mom everyday but my family would be pissed if I go to NYU for college cus we can't afford it. But that is my dream.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:24 AM

61 posts, read 247,669 times
i went to NYU, spent like 60K in addition to scholarship/financial aid!!

Old 04-15-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karm View Post

whats sad i think is the diversity is going down as one ethnicity dominates so to speak.
I wouldn't be surprised. I mean if all those areas I mentioned (South Central, the entire inner San Fernando Valley, inland OC, the Mojave Desert suburbs, Oxnard, Camarillo, and almost the entire Inland Empire) are majority Hispanic, then I'm surprised it's not higher. The stats don't take into account households that have about 20 illegals living in a garage. And that's not a joke. Last year a raid was done in a neighborhood and I think like 17 were packed in a tiny 1 bedroom home somewhere in South Central.

If you are familiar with LA, that is a majority of our land.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:25 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,700,741 times
Oh wow... well you can check for scholarships. NYU Office of Financial Aid , National Scholarship Competitions , fastweb.com

Oh and I just wanted to say that's a similar problem to what is going on to Puerto Rico, because illegal Dominicans are coming in to Puerto Rico, being that Puerto Rico is a US territory.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/u-s-t...erto-rico.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Easier said than done. I beg my mom everyday but my family would be pissed if I go to NYU for college cus we can't afford it. But that is my dream.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karm View Post

I wouldn't be surprised. I mean if all those areas I mentioned (South Central, the entire inner San Fernando Valley, inland OC, the Mojave Desert suburbs, Oxnard, Camarillo, and almost the entire Inland Empire) are majority Hispanic, then I'm surprised it's not higher. The stats don't take into account households that have about 20 illegals living in a garage. And that's not a joke. Last year a raid was done in a neighborhood and I think like 17 were packed in a tiny 1 bedroom home somewhere in South Central.

If you are familiar with LA, that is a majority of our land.

And yes, a previously wonderfully culturally diverse city with plenty of history and specific ethnic neighborhoods is now becoming all Hispanic. The ethnic neighborhoods we have will soon be no more. There is Little Tokyo, Chinatown, Koreatown, Little Ethiopia, and plenty of others where more there are more Hispanics than there should be.

God I can't wait to get out of this once beautiful city that used to own my heart. That's what hurts the most. This city was everything to me, but in my short 16 years, I have witnessed a first hand transformation for the worse. I had dreams of living in certain places, but I don't want to be confined to just my neighborhood. I want my kids to experience a diverse city, not white and brown. I want them to see all the different races combine in harmony and work for the good of themselves and their government. Not whites working to support themselves and lazy Hispanics who come here illegally and can't get a job.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Oh wow... well you can check for scholarships. NYU Office of Financial Aid , National Scholarship Competitions , fastweb.com

Oh and I just wanted to say that's a similar problem to what is going on to Puerto Rico, because illegal Dominicans are coming in to Puerto Rico, being that Puerto Rico is a US territory.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/u-s-t...erto-rico.html
I plan on doing Early Admission without telling anyone. If I get the money I need then I will be living my dream. If not, I'll go to UC Santa Barbara for 4 years and then live my dream.

And I had no clue that was going on there.

One thing about the Puerto Ricans and Dominicans of NYC. They are nothing like Mexicans and El Salvadorians. I love Puerto Ricans and all the ones I have met are vastly different from the annoying cholos of SoCal.

Oh and little Mexican girls' voices drive me insane. Not being racist or pointing them out as Mexicans. I just can't stand the sound of a Mexican toddler speaking English and especially Spanish. IDK what it is about their tone. It is just ear shattering and chills you to the bone when they raise their voice or scream.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:41 AM

Oh lol.. but hey do not get the wrong impression of me lol. Because I do get a long with the dominicans. I have a lot of Dominican friends in NYC. Just was talking about the the illegal dominicans coming to PR

Quote:
I plan on doing Early Admission without telling anyone. If I get the money I need then I will be living my dream. If not, I'll go to UC Santa Barbara for 4 years and then live my dream.

And I had no clue that was going on there.

One thing about the Puerto Ricans and Dominicans of NYC. They are nothing like Mexicans and El Salvadorians. I love Puerto Ricans and all the ones I have met are vastly different from the annoying cholos of SoCal.

Oh and little Mexican girls' voices drive me insane. Not being racist or pointing them out as Mexicans. I just can't stand the sound of a Mexican toddler speaking English and especially Spanish. IDK what it is about their tone. It is just ear shattering and chills you to the bone when they raise their voice or scream.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:42 AM

Oh yeah I was sure your probably do. I always wonder how you illegally immigrate to an island...boat-smuggled?

Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 AM

The illegal or undocumented component of the Dominican immigration to Puerto Rico has increased over recent decades, becoming large enough to attract great attention, both in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic. The first recorded illegal trip took place in 1972, and perhaps 28% of all Dominicans in Puerto Rico were undocumented in 1996, during the peak decade of Dominican immigration to the Commonwealth; many of the documented residents had regularized their originally undocumented status. Illegal immigration has been one of the most recurrent themes in Puerto Rican news media during the 2000s decade.
Illegal trips usually take place in yolas (small wooden boats), usually overcrowded, as trip planners and boat captains seek to realize the greatest profit from the ventures. Most trips begin in cities located on the eastern Dominican coast, particularly in Nagua.[citation needed] A trip on a yola takes 26-28 hours and takes place over the Puerto Rico trench (an underwater crater area), or through the Mona Passage. Accounts by survivors include people being eaten alive by sharks or forced to jump into the sea when there is a danger of sinking. Others tell of seeing their loved ones left behind to drown after a heavy wave has overturned one of these yolas; yet many others tell of corpses left on board. Travelers sometimes die of starvation or dehydration, since these yolas can get lost out at sea for days and many have no type of navigation equipment on board to steer them in the right direction.[3]
Noted tragedies on such trips include a 1989 sinking near Mona Island where as many as 500 perished, and other, comparatively small tragedies where groups of 30 or more passengers have died. Perhaps the most famous of these tragic trips was the Nagua Tragedy, named so because the yola heading to Puerto Rico that time sunk while trying to make its way out of a beach in Nagua. More than one hundred died, including the boat's captain and the trip planner.
It should be pointed out that not all illegal trips to Puerto Rico from the Dominican Republic end in tragedy. These trips are massively scheduled by traffickers, who sometimes travel up to three times each week from Puerto Rico to illegally bring Dominicans. But, because of the large amount of lives that have been lost in many of these trips, both the governments of Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic have launched mass media campaigns to try to reduce them. In the Dominican Republic, videos of dead bodies on the water are shown on television to try to deter people from travelling to Puerto Rico on yolas. The traffickers face long periods in jail if caught, whereas the travelers are deported to the Dominican Republic, where they do not face criminal charges.

Taken from wikipedia.org

Quote:
Oh yeah I was sure your probably do. I always wonder how you illegally immigrate to an island...boat-smuggled?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City