Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2010, 03:17 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,630,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
MAN WHAT!!!We all know this list is bogus what you made it up...the day D.C has a murder rate of 14.48 and Baltimore 16.96 there will be a parade in the street.....Stop glorifying murder and ignorance at the same time.....Baltimore murder rate was more like 36.6 and D.C was more like 24 in 09......lol...come on now what u trynna pump up Cleveland....D.C has the 2nd highest overrall murder rate for major cities in the last 20 years behind New Orleans and ahead of Detroit where you think the term "murder capital" came from...Stay in school
Why are you telling me to stay in school when you can't even comprehend what violent crime rates are? Violent crime doesn't mean MURDER rate. Cleveland's murder rate was 30 per 100k, not the worst, but up there. My statistics were for OVERALL CRIME. Overall crime includes more than just murder.

So you can tell me to stay in school, that's fine. I actually enjoy getting an education. My advice to you would be: Go to school

Old 04-15-2010, 03:37 PM

2,594 posts, read 4,655,643 times
Default boredatwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
Why are you telling me to stay in school when you can't even comprehend what violent crime rates are? Violent crime doesn't mean MURDER rate. Cleveland's murder rate was 30 per 100k, not the worst, but up there. My statistics were for OVERALL CRIME. Overall crime includes more than just murder.

So you can tell me to stay in school, that's fine. I actually enjoy getting an education. My advice to you would be: Go to school

Nah I've graduated its one thing to say how bad your city is its another to call out 2 others saying how worst your city is over another thats ignorance ...hence your screen name champ

Old 05-18-2010, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,824 times
I am looking for photos of some of those towns listed above, like the five or so on this post.
any suggestions? It's for a piece I am doing on the state of America's other half, maybe the REAL America. What's the future of it all? Any ideas?
Thanks

Old 05-19-2010, 07:06 AM

85 posts, read 108,749 times
Gary Indiana aka G.I is the worst i've seen. It's a 3rd world city. America has forgotten this place and GI is the American city with the highest black population and also was the Murder Capital of 2009 by murder per capita.It had 54 murders out of 100,000 people. NOLA came in 2nd with 51 murder per capita, but NOLA looks like paradice compared to this place. It looks like that GI got nuked! lol, nature is claiming back Michael Jackson's city!

YouTube - GARY,INDIANA

YouTube - Gary, Indiana

Old 05-19-2010, 07:18 AM

85 posts, read 108,749 times
Someone actually made a video about Gary as a tourist destination! bahahahaha!Watch this video it's funny!

YouTube - Welcome to Gary, IN

This one too! It's kind of scarey at 1st, but it's funny at the same time!

YouTube - Gary Indiana

Old 05-19-2010, 12:52 PM

2,563 posts, read 6,058,038 times
^ While that place does look bad its a bit offensive and ignorant that you would compare it to a 3rd world country. I wonder if you've ever spent significant time in a least developed nation, somehow I doubt it.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:12 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Why does everybody think E StL is so bad? It's basically a small town ghetto. There is almost nothing there.

I gotta go with Detroit, entire sections of the city are bombed out.

The south side of Chicago (not quite as bad today though), north side of St Louis, parts of Baltimore and Philly are not as "bombed out", but have very intimidating ghettos.

I have also been scared ****less in parts of LA, Atlanta and New Orleans. When you carry around 10k worth of camera gear by yourself in weird parts of cities at night to get those perfect skyline shots, you really put yourself in bad situations at times.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:11 AM

67 posts, read 209,632 times
I'd say Stockton, California. Believe me folks. Stockton is ugly, flat and boring. You also get the worst kind of people. Every time I go there I think of ways of how I can get the hell outta there. Worst of all is the lack of quality people. You get the worst elements from illegal hispanic, white, black and asian, a dreadful combination of people. There isn't any where fun to go to, no night life and nearly nothing to do, except stay at home and go to work. If you want to waste your life and your time, then live in Stockton. No decent person should have to live there.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:43 PM

571 posts, read 943,412 times
Some years ago I went with my family to go see my brother compete in a little league baseball game in Indianapolis. We drove through Gary and I can honestly say I was afraid for my life. I grew up outside of Youngstown, Ohio, which is a pretty rough place itself but I've never been "scared" there (unless I had to go through the south side) and man I thought the place got bombed or something!

But I digress, I'm not very much into "ha ha let's look at this crappy place & be glad we don't live here!"

I mean, it could be worse.
(http://www.vbs.tv/watch/the-vice-guide-to-travel/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-1-of-8 - broken link)

Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,722 times
some of u need to check out chicago lived here my whole life go on the west side indepence & rosevelt it dont get anymore hood than that 600 homicides a year here in chicago no city has that if u don't believe me go to cityrating.com above detroit nyc atlanta everywhere chicago has the highest crime rate sick of hearing everybody saying detroit the worst this n that or nyc or L.A. is worse Chicago is the worst city in the united states check it out on that site n compare the numbers we got every city beat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City