Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:34 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,353,475 times

Advertisements

Phoenix has colder Winters.

Give me Miami any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 09:13 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,037,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Century25 View Post
Lol.. 'cold' ? Phoenix is cool in winter, in the shade.. Our average winter temp: 69F and at night: 46F. However.. we don't exactly have the shadiest (figuratively) city. Miami is.. shadier. And our intense desert sun, unfiltered by humid air & clouds.. well, I could advise you to get a thermometer - oven type, and check out how warm our desert sun is.. even in 'winter' Often our winter yards & streets are bathed in 100 degree + sunny Winter 'chill' lol. Yes, the evenings cool quickly.. great sleeping weather..!!

Anyway, either place is warm for winter snowbirds. I think many prefer the sunny warm dry weather.

See: Phoenix, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ..et al..

true, the desert sun is intense, I dont even use the heater in my car here in the winter in ABQ, unless its early in the morning and the sun is just starting to come up, I would choose Phoenix winter weather though over Miami.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:03 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,583,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Hello everyone,

I was browsing the forums here and I was wondering if you were to compare the winter season climate of Phoenix AZ to Miami FL, of those two cities, which one do you feel has the colder winter temps? I am asking because this is interesting for me. And also, if I could rephrase the question better, which city do you feel has the more tolerable temperatures during winter? And which city would you rather be in in the winter?
Does Miami actually have a winter season is the question,I don't think so it has three seasons;hot,hotter and hottest Summer.

Old 11-21-2009, 11:19 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,831,577 times
Average Christmas temps in Miami and Phoenix .

Miami: Hi-77 Lo-61
Phoenix: Hi-66 Lo-43

They both seem like they have crappy Christmas weather, but Miami's Christmas weather is just plain undesirable IMO.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:37 PM

736 posts, read 2,297,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post

They both seem like they have crappy Christmas weather, but Miami's Christmas weather is just plain undesirable IMO.

Well, that is YOUR definition of crappy.

Nothing wrong with a beautiful, warm Christmas Day. That is in fact how much of the world (read: tropical part of the world) has experienced Xmas day for generations.

I'd personally take MIAMI's winters over PHOENIX. In fact, I think Miami has the best winter weather in the USA (expect for Hawaii).

But I prefer the summer climate of Los Angeles or San Diego over BOTH Miami/Phoenix.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:55 PM

3,277 posts, read 3,530,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post

Undesirable? Heck with that, I'm moving to Miami!

Old 11-21-2009, 02:29 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,831,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Island_OnThe_Land View Post
Well, that is YOUR definition of crappy.

Nothing wrong with a beautiful, warm Christmas Day. That is in fact how much of the world (read: tropical part of the world) has experienced Xmas day for generations.

I'd personally take MIAMI's winters over PHOENIX. In fact, I think Miami has the best winter weather in the USA (expect for Hawaii).

But I prefer the summer climate of Los Angeles or San Diego over BOTH Miami/Phoenix.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Undesirable? Heck with that, I'm moving to Miami!
IMO= In my opinion... There's no need to remind me that it's my opinion

Old 11-21-2009, 06:40 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,676,697 times
Is Phoenix HUMID too? South Florida is not only very hot (yes in winters) but HUMID in the winters too.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:52 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,196,906 times
This is a very objective question and it has a very objective answer. Phoenix has colder Winters. Now...whether that's considered good or bad is up to each individual.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:55 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,984,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Is Phoenix HUMID too? South Florida is not only very hot (yes in winters) but HUMID in the winters too.
I wouldn't classify Miami's winter days as "very hot". At the most you might find a day where it is in the mid 80's but generally there is less humidity during the winter months and therefore it is more tolerable. (Not saying there is NO humidity. It is still there obviously, just a lot less than during the summer)
Plus, the nights are very comfortable in Miami.

As much as I love the desert, if I wanted a warmer city, I'd pick Miami over Phoenix.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City