Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Southern state would you prefer to live, work and/or play?
Louisiana to live and work 32 25.81%
Florida to live in and work 52 41.94%
Louisiana to play 21 16.94%
Florida to play 39 31.45%
Neither state to live, work and play 30 24.19%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 09:32 AM

12 posts, read 30,562 times

Advertisements

Fl is the best state ever you got beautiful beaches, nighlife, disney them parks , seaworld, universal studios all in orlando plus bush garden in tampa what else you can ask for
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 04:46 PM

12 posts, read 31,044 times
Florida by miles and miles.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:14 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,297,475 times
Florida.

Food is good in NO, but I searched hard for good places to eat in Baton Rouge during a week stay and struck out.

Old 07-18-2011, 06:43 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
wouldn't want to live in either, but I really would like to visit New Orleans and Miami.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:26 PM

16,507 posts, read 26,285,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Florida.

Food is good in NO, but I searched hard for good places to eat in Baton Rouge during a week stay and struck out.
That's too bad, all of our cities have great restaurants.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:32 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowincal11 View Post
The deli I had in New Orleans was horrible. Cities with good delis are not NOLA that's for sure. You want real deli, go to NYC or LA.

I couldn't find a good Italian restaurant in Louisiana.
Did you even look? What deli did you eat at? With New Orleans having a historical italian immigrant stock that didn't migrate no further than the suburbs over time do you really think that there can't be any good Italian restaurants.... Continuing theme for you.

Back to topic I wouldn't want to live anywhere in Louisiana but New Orleans and if it's not Miami then it's out of the question.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:58 PM

1,800 posts, read 3,910,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Did you even look? What deli did you eat at? With New Orleans having a historical italian immigrant stock that didn't migrate no further than the suburbs over time do you really think that there can't be any good Italian restaurants.... Continuing theme for you.

Back to topic I wouldn't want to live anywhere in Louisiana but New Orleans and if it's not Miami then it's out of the question.
Compared to the big East Coast and Midwest cities, the food was subpar.

One lady in Chicago told me she has to ship all the ingredients down that they can't find down there. This to me signifies that while NOLA may or may not have a historic Italian population, it isn't indicative of the Italian populations of NYC, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, etc.

I simply didn't enjoy where it was that I ate.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:15 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Neither...... the climate of both is just too humid/hot and oppressive....especially curtailing outdoor activities.....except for some days in the winter months.

But then there are too many tourists.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:51 PM

48 posts, read 140,466 times
Having spent half my life in Florida, I'd like to get away from a tourist ridden town. I'd probably choose Louisiana.. but not New Orleans. Baton Rouge or Monroe.

Old 10-31-2011, 09:53 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,031,800 times
If it was between North or Central Louisiana and Florida I would choose Florida. But seriously South Louisiana can't be beat! Such an awesome place. I have Latino friends in Florida but everyone else has struck me as horribly abrasive. Between the Northern transplants who never lose their edge, snobby retirees, wannabe thugs, native rednecks/in your face Christians, etc. I'm not too hot on a good number of the people there. Not to say you don't have unsavory people everywhere. Miami is awesome but sooo expensive/traffic ridden! Orlando...no comment...Tampa is so hoity-toity although St. Pete is really legit. Jacksonville is nice. I liked Naples. The Panhandle has too many of the above mentioned "natives", something like what you see in North Louisiana. Sorry but that's how I feel as a progressive Catholic South Louisianan with French blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City