Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 12:02 PM

326 posts, read 1,169,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusses View Post
The statement I highlighted is full of crap. You should explore other areas of FL other than S FL and you will discover that NY'ers are all over the place, and native Floridians are not all hicks, and btw, you will find that natives are a hell of a lot nicer than the most of our transplants. And not trying to be an a$$, but before you call natives like myself "hicks" you may wanna try using spell check. I'm just pointing that out, I'm not being an a$$.
First off I wanna thank you for pointing out the obvious aout the spelling issues. I like to take the time to appoligize to anyone I have offended for my grammar errors I'm sure I make more than I can count on these post.

When did I say thet their are no New Yorkers throughout the state? I think Florida is a melting pot of the U.S. States, Carribean and South America.Yes I do agree that people here are for the most part nicer than NYers.

Yes I have lived in other parts of Florida besides South Florida. Moderator cut: Trolling I went to Tampa yesterday and people were so nice to me. I got lost on Nebraska Blvd trying to get on 275 leaving the downtown area. It's supposely one of the worst areas in Tampa and this old black lady asked me how to get to some street. I said "I didin't know I'm from here". She said "thank you anyways sweety" and drove off. If that would of happened in Overtown in Miami she would of pulled a gun and asked me for my money. Just driving up Dale Mabry I seen plenty of rice burners and minivans with ripped up shirts missing teeth! They were white people too I was shocked. You see the worlds largest flying conferate flag over 75 up there to.

My point being South Florida as a whole is different and should be considered another state. Things I above stated You would most likely not see it South Florida. Again I appoligize for any spelling errors. You spell ass like that.

Last edited by doggiebus; 08-21-2009 at 01:16 PM..

Old 08-21-2009, 01:35 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,472 times
Dude, I dont care about grammatical errors - I make them all the time too. And my post wasn't even about the spelling. I was just saying before you call Floridians hicks or dumb (or those that live outside of S FL), you may wanna look around. S FL has no shortage of morons, frauds and wacky folks.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:14 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,533,702 times
I'll chime in on this one....AND my brother married a New Yawker....trust me on this one...

They complain about.....
Slowness
No Theater
No Ballet
No Broadway
No shopping
No dressing for dinner
No this
No that
(and heaven forbid that they admit that we do have smaller versions of the "great" and "wonderful" things that NYC has.)
And the crown jewel...it's so much better up north.
But then when asked why if they miss that stuff so badly why don't they move back?

"Oh I just love it here" is the answer.
Then I ask why do they love it?
This conversation can go on forever.

It gets really old listening to this time and time again.

Trust us...we have everyone's best interest at heart when we say....If you love it so much and miss it so terribly....please move back.
We don't live in NYC for a reason.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:22 PM

976 posts, read 1,111,472 times
^^^ The problem is, a lot of good Floridians move out b/c they get fed up with it. So it's like people that you wish would stay in FL are leaving, and then they are replaced by people you want to leave. It's a cycle.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:23 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,657,162 times
Default My top two complaints are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I'll chime in on this one....AND my brother married a New Yawker....trust me on this one...

They complain about.....
Slowness
No Theater
No Ballet
No Broadway
No shopping
No dressing for dinner
No this
No that
(and heaven forbid that they admit that we do have smaller versions of the "great" and "wonderful" things that NYC has.)
And the crown jewel...it's so much better up north.
But then when asked why if they miss that stuff so badly why don't they move back?

"Oh I just love it here" is the answer.
Then I ask why do they love it?
This conversation can go on forever.

It gets really old listening to this time and time again.

Trust us...we have everyone's best interest at heart when we say....If you love it so much and miss it so terribly....please move back.
We don't live in NYC for a reason.
weather (lack of 4 seasons) and missing my kids. After those two things, everthing else pales in comparison. I just want to move back for both. Hoping it will be soon.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:58 PM

155 posts, read 380,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
A legend in their own mind.
It's no legend.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:14 PM

141 posts, read 453,593 times
this thread is retarded. So there are some new yorkers that Floridians dont like? Just because you met some people from new york and didnt like them, thats how you are going to judge all new yorkers?

I have lived in NYC my entire life and I cant stand a lot of the people here...but its the same as EVERYWHERE ELSE IN AMERICA. For every person I like here there are 5 I dont. Same goes for florida, and you can say the same for every state.

There is good, bad, annoying, rude and obnoxious in every state, religion and race.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:20 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,365,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brinked View Post
this thread is retarded.
I agree. It's inflaming just by it's title. How a moderator let it go this long is beyond me. All it does is incite hateful comments.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:28 PM

466 posts, read 928,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verobeach View Post
I agree. It's inflaming just by it's title. How a moderator let it go this long is beyond me. All it does is incite hateful comments.

I think it's very important for New Yorkers to know that the rest of the world is really not impressed that they are from New York. We really don't want to hang with you because you're from New York. On the contrary.

Just be nice and change the way you're percieved.

By the way, people in France HATE New Yorkers too. What does that say?

Old 08-21-2009, 05:44 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,637,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
I think it's very important for New Yorkers to know that the rest of the world is really not impressed that they are from New York. We really don't want to hang with you because you're from New York. On the contrary.

Just be nice and change the way you're percieved.

By the way, people in France HATE New Yorkers too. What does that say?
Don't people in France hate everybody?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City