Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:30 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,619,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYULIB View Post
LOL, it takes an entire state (38 million?) to compare to New York City's (8 million)?

Quite pathetic, although I would say that's a massive compliment. In any case; I hate to break it to you but Los Angeles San Diego will never be at New York City level when it comes to sophitciation. SF sophisticated, but not New York sophitciated. Los Angeles and San Diego? LOL.
What's sophisticated about a city that likes Republicans as mayor? Never happens in California. New York is a lot more conservative than either Los Angeles or San Francisco.

Moderator cut: no need to be a grammar nazi

Last edited by houstoner; 05-04-2009 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,776,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
What's sophisticated about a city that likes Republicans as mayor? Never happens in California. New York is a lot more conservative than either Los Angeles or San Francisco.

Moderator cut: orphaned
And who is Los Angeles mayor? Antonio Villaraigosa? Antonio Villaraigosa is a low-class plebeian who would be the type of person to sweeps Bloomberg's floors.

They really can't be compared. Villaraigosa is a joke and Bloomberg is an established billionaire.

Last edited by houstoner; 05-04-2009 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: orphaned

Old 05-03-2009, 10:40 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,024,552 times
Quote:
And who is Los Angeles mayor? Antonio Villaraigosa? Antonio Villaraigosa would be the type of person who sweeps Bloomberg's floors.

They really can't be compared. Villaraigosa is a joke and Bloomberg is an established billionaire.
Exactly, and it has nothing to do with being republican. We vote on if the Mayor can bring us to prominence and that is why Bloomberg is getting a third term.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:01 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,690,093 times
Quote:
WOW, it takes the entire state of California (38 million?) to compare to New York City's (8 million)? Quite pathetic, although I would say that's a massive compliment.

I hate to break it to you but Los Angeles San Diego will never be at New York City level when it comes to sophistication. SF could be on the same level as New York when it comes to it's englightened populance. Los Angeles and San Diego? LOL. Most of California is crass.
Sure it is.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californialove24 View Post
Sure it is.
I suppose you can't handle the truth. Most of California's towns are worthless. I also think most of New York State's towns (outside of New York City area) are just as awful.

I seriously don't understand how we went to comparing "city vs city" to now, "state vs. city". Hilarious. As I said, the only CA city that can compare to NYC when it comes to sophistication is San Francisco.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:16 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,619,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Exactly, and it has nothing to do with being republican. We vote on if the Mayor can bring us to prominence and that is why Bloomberg is getting a third term.
Great cop-out! The other other Republican mayors of large cities in the US are all in the South Yeah, Guiliani was a real winner, too! Better stop your line of defense since it is making you look even more foolish.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:19 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,690,093 times
Quote:
I suppose you can't handle the truth. Most of California's towns are worthless. I also think most of New York State's towns (outside of New York City area) are just as awful.

I seriously don't understand how we went to comparing "city vs city" to now, "state vs. city". Hilarious. As I said, the only CA city that can compare to NYC when it comes to sophistication is San Francisco.
Can't handle the truth,I Can't handle Bias.,But no lie,Everyone has Bias,Personal,or crap they hear.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:34 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,522,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
CA REALLY lacks in education when it comes to the rest of the country. CA is at the bottom when it comes to public schools. So I don't know how Californians are that much smarter. I like CA, don't get me wrong, but I just had to say that... People here in NY are probably more cultured as a whole too.
Uh, wrong, NY public schools are hardly any better than California schools and the colleges in California are waaaay better. As far as cultured, only a small segment in Manhattan and Westchester are "cultured". In California is are many in LA, SD, orange County and the Bay area. I don't care for California so you can say this is an unbiased opinion since I have lived multiple years in both states

Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,522,022 times
Quote:
Sure it is.
I sense an inferiority complex (again) from the NY'ers

In my opinion, California is more enlightened than NYC

Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Can't handle the truth,I Can't handle Bias.,But no lie,Everyone has Bias,Personal,or crap they hear.
Do you even know what bias means?

Let me repeat; most of California AND New York State's towns are worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City