Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,455,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yes very wealthy. I don't think any neighborhood can match that median home price. LOL

But I think Pacific Heights in SF has more Billionaires than that neighborhood. At least 20.

Coincidentally, the 2800 block of Broadway in SF is also called "Billionaire's Row". Apparently the poorest person on that block is worth $770 Million or so I read online a few months back.

A house currently for sale on SF's Billionaire Row.
$65 Million

Another "single-family home" on SFs Billionaire Row.

Not an apartment building-a single family home.
Not bad! This one ain't too bad either though. It sold for $128 million back in 2004:

The guy who bought that then bought this one for his son...it's located down the street and cost £117m!

70 million pounds

http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/jon-hunt-property-predictions-415x275.jpg (broken link)

Not too shabby, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,772,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Hellbilly you say..How about your assertion that Greenwich could buy and sell Laguna...look at the latest income differences between the two.. Btw.. Prime Laguna real estate is a favorite of New Yorkers poser. about 4% Manhatthan owned.. .just in case you feel the need to impress someone on the subway....I not only doubt your credibility, but I know you blow smoke on a continous stride.. for example I just recently saw where you stated on the LA forum that two bedrooms in Bev. Hills could be found for as little as $1,500 monthly..OH REALLY..according to who?..Come on LA locals..What say you about this dribble
Median income:

Greenwich, CT: $168,779
Laguna Beach, CA: $146,562
Newport Beach, CA: $110,518

www.wikipedia.com

And no, NYers don't do anything in Laguna Trash. It's called, The Hamptons, Palm Beach, Fisher Island, Cote de Azur, Saint Barts. You seem very confused. I've never heard of anyone from New York who has a home in a sub-par beach community like Newport Beach.

Quote:
for example I just recently saw where you stated on the LA forum that two bedrooms in Bev. Hills could be found for as little as $1,500 monthly..OH REALLY..according to who?
According to,

Beverly Hills Apartments for rent. Beverly Hills, CA Apartment rentals

and

Apartments in Beverly Hills, CA

Even some for BELOW that.

Now is there anything else I can help you with?

Last edited by Americanboy; 05-28-2009 at 11:27 PM..

Old 05-28-2009, 11:29 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,104 times
Scott 5280======And no, NYers don't do anything in Laguna Trash. It's called, Cote de Azur, the Hamptons, Saint Barts. You seem very confused. Have you heard of The Hamptons before? You should look it up..

The Hamptons Rock..yes I do love the Hamptons..Did you mean Corona Del Mar? It's where dudes from Choate decide to live once they make their escape..The latest figs are Newport $220,000 average,Laguna,189k.Greenwich 178k.. I will post the data..I have to find a way to print latest public figs.............................................. .......

According to,

Beverly Hills Apartments for rent. Beverly Hills, CA Apartment rentals

and

Apartments in Beverly Hills, CA

Even some for BELOW that.

Now is there anything else I can help you with?[/quote]

Have you ever heard the term Beverly Hills Adjacent..realtor term..kind of like Tribeca in Craigslist for $1,200 mo..you want me to pull it up on.. Craigslist I will.. I will look up the actual income levels for you..just a tad more realistic than Wikk..

Last edited by Scott5280; 05-28-2009 at 11:41 PM..

Old 05-28-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Have you ever heard the term Beverly Hills Adjacent..realtor term..kind of like Tribeca in Craigslist for $1,200 mo..you want me to pull it up on.. Craigslist I will.. I will look up the actual income levels for you..just a tad more realistic than Wikk..
Oh no no no, I've seen apartments in Beverly Hills proper for below $1,500. You can do your little "research" until sunset but it wont undo the facts. I am still in disbelief that you think a crass cesspool like Newport Beach is wealthier than Greenwich.

You might want to look at this too: Richest zip codes. Where is Orange County? Not even in the top 30.

100 wealthiest zip codes in the United States How many New York, NY's are there in the top 10? 7! New York, NY dominates the list.

Are you done wasting my time yet?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s63 View Post
Oh no no no, I've seen apartments in Beverly Hills proper for below $1,500. You can do your little "research" until sunset but it wont undo the facts.

You might want to look at this too: Richest zip codes. Where is Orange County? Nothing in OC is even in the top 30. The place is a joke.

100 wealthiest zip codes in the United States How many New York, NY's are there in the top 10? 7! New York, NY dominates the list.

Are you done wasting my time yet?
Yes, I know New york city incomes dominate that list and all others..that I have no problem with ( I totally agree with you) YOU Are Right..but if you have really actually been to LA...Bev. Hills proper you know it will not be found for under $1,500 mo. for two bedrooms like you stated on that forum..tha't just crap ...you show me where..If you knew anything about luxury high end property in LA... Bev. Hills would not be the Gold Standard anyway...Coastal OC. has some of the highest priced real estate in the US...Not talking areas OF Real House wives of OC...Newport..Laguna proper..highest there is around 80 million..less than NYC..MALIBU,ASPEN but certainly not cheap...Laguna Beach is trash LOL...Look at lists for the highest priced zips..CALIFORNIA DOMINATES THAT LIST..GO TO FORBES..GO ANYWHERE...Newport Zips make up three of the top twelve..Nyc comes in after Santa Barbara, Newport Beach, Malibu, Aspen

Last edited by Scott5280; 05-29-2009 at 12:05 AM..

Old 05-29-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Yes, I know New york city incomes dominate that list and all others..that I have no problem with ( I totally agree with you) YOU Are Right..but if you have really actually been to LA...Bev. Hills proper you know it will not be found for under $1,500 mo. for two bedrooms like you stated on that forum..tha't just crap ...you show me where..If you knew anything about luxury high end property in LA... Bev. Hills would not be the Gold Standard anyway...
Yes, I've seen a apts in Beverly Hills, not Beverly Hills Post Office for $1,500.

Yes, Beverly Hills, Holmby Hills and Bel Air (i.e. the Platinum Triangle) are collectively are the golden standard for Los Angeles luxury real estate. Their ranks as the most expensive are interchangeable . Where else would be? Malibu isn't really Los Angeles, Pacific Palisades isn't on the same level, nor Hollywood Hills, nor Los Feliz and Santa Monica isn't on the same level. Orange County is so upper-income trailer-park'ish and not even part of Los Angeles so why is it even part of this discussion anyway?

And you don't live in Los Angeles, I've lived in Los Angeles and know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Americanboy; 05-29-2009 at 12:14 AM..

Old 05-29-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Yes, I've seen a two bedroom in Beverly Hills, not Beverly Hills Post Office for $1,500.

Yes, Beverly Hills, Holmby Hills and Bel Air (i.e. the Platinum Triangle) are collectively ARE the golden standard for Los Angeles luxury real estate. Their ranks as the most expensive are interchangeable. And you don't live in Los Angeles, I've lived in Los Angeles and know what I'm talking about.
I don't live in LA now, but I lived there in 2000 .. I could not care less about living in big cities now..except for weekend trips .. great dining ..occasional nighlife....Holmby Hills, Malibu,Bel Air..yes Beverly Hills not as high per square foot..I will cut to the chase what bothers me about your posts and others is that they totally dismiss rural areas as hillbilly or what ever...While I certainly don't claim to be among most highly educated..I come from Colorado..home to some of America's most educated and fit..I find it very abrasive when people continue to put ruralites into some kind of classless,mindless,category on here.. I actually don't really care about OC..LA THAT MUCH..BUT I found your posts to be very in your face and sometimes what I considered to be non factual..and I took the bait I suppose..I grew up wealthy myself,but lets just say I took Mr. Toads Wild Ride through through some of my younger years..my wardrobe now is jeans,shorts, and tees,outdoors,sports..very unimpressed with the LOOK at me scene$$been there done that....I know NYC is the epitome of culture,art, ect..but that is no reason to constantly bait people throughout this site..sorry I got too emotional and less factual..I will concede of course that NYC is the Bentley of real estate over all...YES I am done wasting your time..Perhaps I will reconsider having so many beers next time..Scott5280..

Last edited by Scott5280; 05-29-2009 at 12:45 AM..

Old 05-29-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
Most attractive destinations for international wealthy to reside. New York is the only American city to make the list.

1. Switzerland.
2. London
3. Singapore
4. New York
5. Hong Kong

http://www.scorpiopartnership.com/pdf/scorpio-pr_hnwdestinationsindex_may2009.pdf (broken link)

Yuma Colo.
Kingman AZ
Hays Kansas
Columbia SC.
Barstow Calif.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:46 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Median income:

Greenwich, CT: $168,779
Laguna Beach, CA: $146,562
Newport Beach, CA: $110,518

www.wikipedia.com
None of these towns is the richest in their respective state as far as median income is concerned.

But they arent anything to sneeze at either.

Quote:
And no, NYers don't do anything in Laguna Trash. It's called, The Hamptons, Palm Beach, Fisher Island, Cote de Azur, Saint Barts. You seem very confused.
I see more people from the East Coast in Santa Barbara and Montecito.

Quote:
I've never heard of anyone from New York who has a home in a sub-par beach community like Newport Beach.
Id take Newport Beach over Fisher Island anyday. That weather in Florida is disgusting imo.

Anyway, I agree that most New Yorkers dont pay attention to Newport Beach but people in LA are not too interested in Greenwich either.

And that's okay. Both cities have their own concentrations of wealth and are independent of each other.

And its odd that you say Newport is subpar? Next time your in SoCal, I suggest checking out that area. Its very nice and the coastal communities are gorgeous-very reminiscient of the Mediterrenean.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:13 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
As far as the Metro Areas with the most Millionaire Households, California and Florida both do very well.

Top 25 Millionaire MSAs
Percentage of Households with $1 Million+ Investible Assets
Los Alamos, NM 9.7%
Naples-Marco Island, FL 8.6%
Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT 7.2%
Vero Beach, FL 7.2%
San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA 6.9%
Sarasota-Bradenton-Venice, FL 6.7%
Easton, MD 6.7%
Hilton Head Island-Beaufort, SC 6.6%
San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, CA 6.4%
Honolulu, HI 6.4%
Napa, CA 6.4%
Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV 6.3%
Punta Gorda, FL 6.3%
Barnstable Town, MA 6.3%
Cape Coral, FL 6.3%
Garnerville-Ranchos, NV 6.2%
Southern Pines-Pinehurst, NC 6.2%
Oxnard-Thousand Oaks-Ventura, CA 6.2%
Trenton-Ewing, NJ 6.2%
Palm Coast, FL 6.1%
Santa Rosa-Petaluma, CA 6.1%
Port St Lucie-Ft Pierce, FL 6.0%
Truckee-Grass Valley, CA 6.0%
Santa Cruz-Watsonville, CA 5.9%
Santa Barbara-Goleta, CA 5.8%

http://www.iiwealthmanagement.com/pdf/PAM060506.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City