Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,859,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Two_Times View Post
Akhenaton06 and DC's Finest, you're making absolute fools out of yourselves talking like you know me. You've never met me, probably never will, and know nothing about me. Don't pretend to.
I can only go by what you put out there dude. Never claimed to know you in any sense whatsoever. If you're not getting your point across as intended, that's really not my problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 09:14 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,859,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
I'm probably on Akhenaton06 and DC's Finest "diss-radar" as well, but I'll say this: I personally have no problem playing the "living the high life" game that "clubs" metaphorically try to create. Even though I much prefer more laid back scenes like live musicals, techno raves, or even a house party, once in a while (usually when my friends bring it up), I do indulge in the "VIP/pop-bottles/chandelier" clubs. The thing about it is that I refuse to let that scene get to my head! This however, I can't say for most people who commonly choose those things as a way to enjoy their nightlife. There might be some who just love to play "make believe" for 3-5 hours on a given night on the town but are still really cool people, but I believe those individuals are the minority in this case.
I myself like to mix up the scene from time to time. I just don't like the broadbrushing that I've seen in this thread.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:25 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,153,795 times
Jimmy,

Calm down, this is the Internet.

Joe,

I just gave you a name! "The Park" - Here's another one: "Love." One for the road: "Ibiza"

Old 08-08-2009, 06:34 PM

28 posts, read 68,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
DC has K Street and one gay bar? Hmmm. The masses in Dupont Circle are assembling a lynch mob right now. A lot of people dont realize that DC has so many party districts across the city. Adams Morgan has some of the best bars and nightlife and it closes at around 4 or 5 am. U Street has jazz clubs and college kids mixed in with urban professionals seeking a night out. Eastern Market is a mix of Capitol Hill Professionals sitting in the shadow of the capitol at bars and restaurants. DC's fake Chinatown is always vibrant and bustling with natives and tourist. Penn Quarter has expensive jaunts and upscale clubs that locals only know about. Then there is West End, Woodley Park, Dupont Circle (Gayborhood), Connecticut Ave from Dupont to Farragut North has an abundance of clubs such as Bravo Bravo, 1223, Ozios, 18th Street Lounge, Steves Lounge. K street from 17th to 13th has Lima, Lotus K street Lounge and the Ultra fabulous Park. I wont mention Georgetown which is a monster by itself.
While DC does have a wide variety of areas for bars and clubs, they do not close at 4 or 5 am. Lets not get it twisted. DC does have lots of bars and clubs and multiple scenes for your taste, but everything in DC seems to close earlier than most other cities. This is one of the things I really do not like the DC nightlife.

I do however like DC nightlife better than most other cities because it is compacted and has lots of variety. Do not come to DC expecting to party at an establishment past 3 AM or get served alcohol past 2:30 AM. It is illegal in DC for alcohol to be served after 2:30 AM.

You meet tons of random, interesting people though. And there are lots of college students and young professionals all mixing.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:09 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,153,795 times
^^^^^Dude, I have partied at plenty of clubs past 3am. Have you ever been to Love? Or U Street or Adams Morgan? Come on! People are out there until 5am and then they go to the Diner or get a Jumbo slize.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:18 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,529,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy2thaworld View Post
While DC does have a wide variety of areas for bars and clubs, they do not close at 4 or 5 am. Lets not get it twisted. DC does have lots of bars and clubs and multiple scenes for your taste, but everything in DC seems to close earlier than most other cities. This is one of the things I really do not like the DC nightlife.

I do however like DC nightlife better than most other cities because it is compacted and has lots of variety. Do not come to DC expecting to party at an establishment past 3 AM or get served alcohol past 2:30 AM. It is illegal in DC for alcohol to be served after 2:30 AM.

You meet tons of random, interesting people though. And there are lots of college students and young professionals all mixing.

how many american cities serve alcohol after 4 am? like 3?

Old 08-09-2009, 08:37 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,827,072 times
Same as NYC1DAY said

Old 08-09-2009, 09:17 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,498,822 times
nyc, la, chicago, vegas, toronto, miami are def better...many that are on par.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:20 AM

20,514 posts, read 33,516,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
nyc, la, chicago, vegas, toronto, miami are def better...many that are on par.
Not really Chicago. I've experienced it and it's on par with DC.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:35 AM

486 posts, read 1,035,055 times
I don't know that DC's known for a killer nightlife in comparison with with NYC, Chicago, etc...there are quite a few of the bigger cities in the U.S. that would be on par.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City