Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2009, 08:02 PM

763 posts, read 1,298,196 times

Advertisements

Before everyone starts moaning "oh no, not another one", this is a POSITIVE one.

Rules to the thread:

1) Choose the state you prefer
2) state 5 or more things that you like about the OTHER state

This is for those to learn to respect other places more.

Note: If you have nothing positive to say or less than 5 positives then DO NOT PARTICIPATE in my thread!

I will start

I choose Texas

Things that I do like in NY

1) The adirondacks (where I first was introduced to climbing)
2) Stoney Brook state park, I just love that winding creek through the beautiful gorges
3) Eastern Long Island, I appreciate the nice beaches out there
4) The Catskills and New Paltz
5) Pittsford NY, I like the historic homes and the canal development there like shoen place
6) Ithaca, such a beautiful and picturesque town and the Southern tip of cayuga lake. Some great parks like Taughonnik, Buttermilk falls and Treman there
7) Letchworth State Park, love the grand Canyon of the East, scared to death the first time I crossed the railroad bridge high above the Genessee near high falls there.

Anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 08:22 PM

542 posts, read 1,498,784 times
Texas, I choose you.

-Syracuse
-Albany
-New York City
-Rochester
-Niagara Falls

Old 07-02-2009, 08:27 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,345,804 times
I also pick TX. 5 things about NY:

1-NYC
2-The mountains
3-Niagra Falls
4-The ocean
5-Buffalo Bills

Old 07-02-2009, 08:29 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,239,989 times
Smile 5 postives about Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Before everyone starts moaning "oh no, not another one", this is a POSITIVE one.

Rules to the thread:

1) Choose the state you prefer
2) state 5 or more things that you like about the OTHER state

This is for those to learn to respect other places more.

Note: If you have nothing positive to say or less than 5 positives then DO NOT PARTICIPATE in my thread!

I will start

I choose Texas

Things that I do like in NY

1) The adirondacks (where I first was introduced to climbing)
2) Stoney Brook state park, I just love that winding creek through the beautiful gorges
3) Eastern Long Island, I appreciate the nice beaches out there
4) The Catskills and New Paltz
5) Pittsford NY, I like the historic homes and the canal development there like shoen place
6) Ithaca, such a beautiful and picturesque town and the Southern tip of cayuga lake. Some great parks like Taughonnik, Buttermilk falls and Treman there
7) Letchworth State Park, love the grand Canyon of the East, scared to death the first time I crossed the railroad bridge high above the Genessee near high falls there.

Anyone else?
Lol, I remember you saying something recently like "If I was being physically tortured and had to pick one of them, I would pick New York" in the New York vs. Massachusetts thread!

Still since you want to keep your thread nice --- I will do my part. Not hard because Texas is a pretty decent state anyway:

1. Palo Duro Canyon-------beautiful gem near Amarillo unknown by most people. Sort of unknown like our Letchworth

2. San Antonio Riverwalk---there is talk of expanding it

3. Big Thicket National Preserve--So you did not know Texas has large areas of forests and swamps?

4. Space Center Houston---Out of this world!

5. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders---hehe

Old 07-03-2009, 12:57 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
I know this is going to shock people, but I pick........TEXAS!

OK, what I like about NY:

-Public Transportation

-Upstate NY

-New York City

-It keeps all the self-centered and ignorant people from moving to TX

-Time Square

Old 07-03-2009, 01:53 AM

763 posts, read 1,298,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Lol, I remember you saying something recently like "If I was being physically tortured and had to pick one of them, I would pick New York" in the New York vs. Massachusetts thread!

Still since you want to keep your thread nice --- I will do my part. Not hard because Texas is a pretty decent state anyway:

1. Palo Duro Canyon-------beautiful gem near Amarillo unknown by most people. Sort of unknown like our Letchworth

2. San Antonio Riverwalk---there is talk of expanding it

3. Big Thicket National Preserve--So you did not know Texas has large areas of forests and swamps?

4. Space Center Houston---Out of this world!

5. Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders---hehe
That was meant to be a joke

Anyways, I am glad be are having a good thread here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City