Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pick YOUR favorite of the two
Raleigh 93 53.14%
Indianapolis 82 46.86%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 03:59 AM

5,819 posts, read 5,619,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Some people comment that Raleigh and Durham/CH shouldn't be separate MSAs... some people quote themselves from 2019 to revive a thread from 2009. Which of those actions is sillier?
You riding D to respond to almost anything I say instead of responding to the actual thread topic is something worse than silly If you want to meet me just say that, we literally love within 6-7 miles of each other...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 07:41 PM

676 posts, read 492,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Some people comment that Raleigh and Durham/CH shouldn't be separate MSAs... some people quote themselves from 2019 to revive a thread from 2009. Which of those actions is sillier?

Simmer down man

Old 04-04-2024, 12:21 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
You riding D to respond to almost anything I say instead of responding to the actual thread topic is something worse than silly If you want to meet me just say that, we literally love within 6-7 miles of each other...
Did you just tell him to pull up? lolol

Old 04-04-2024, 06:49 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Inner Raleigh, or the further inside the city you are from any direction, is actually quite interesting and has a ton of character. A ton, that you won't find as a visitor. I think this is similar to Indy, which has also been described as a character-less suburban hellhole...

The local music scene here is so much better in Virginia, how is it in Indy? Raleigh's music scene just isn't as large or diverse as other cities of comparable size...

I'd also like to know how parks are in Indy, because I'm now of the belief that Raleigh is in that not quite elite, but well above average, range in quality of parks. And I'd say it easily has a better parks and rec culture than anywhere in NC, its not even close...

But Raleigh is really, really, really strong on the parks front, just so many quality parks in town. How do they look in Indy?
There's a lot here, and sorry to say I do not care enough about Raleigh to digest all of it. Just a couple of points from an Indy resident:

1) No one who describes Indy (or Raleigh) as a "character-less suburban hellhole" is not someone whose opinion matters. I'm sorry, but if your idea of a weekend in Indy is hanging out in Castleton and Fishers, you don't know anything about the city.

2) The music scene is getting better, but not where it could be. We do have a lot of great local music though. The hip hop scene in particular seems to be outpacing other genres locally, though that is perhaps a function of hip hop being preferred by more people nationwide in general. How does it compare to Raleigh? I have no ****ing idea.

3) We have parks here. I don't really know what you're asking here. The city is investing a lot of money in building up Riverside Park to make it more of a regional draw, but I don't know how much of that will materialize. Eagle Creek Park is one of the largest city parks in the country. Holliday Park is one of my favorite city parks, big playgoround with hiking trails. The Monon Trail is excellent, we have a good network of trails.

Old 04-08-2024, 12:42 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,888,650 times
Indianapolis, More big time. If they're both going to be boring at least Indianapolis Host/Lands the Superbowl, NBA All Star game from time to time

Old 04-08-2024, 02:17 PM

676 posts, read 492,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRedTide View Post
Indianapolis, More big time. If they're both going to be boring at least Indianapolis Host/Lands the Superbowl, NBA All Star game from time to time

Don't hold your breath for those events to happen again anytime soon. It was 40 years between hosting the NBA all-star game... can't envision Indianapolis hosting a Super Bowl in the foreseeable future.

Old 04-08-2024, 02:55 PM

934 posts, read 1,440,115 times
A Super Bowl in Indy is probably far off, but every year the city does a phenomenal job with the Indianapolis 500 and hundreds of thousands flock to Indy to see the spectacle. I'm not even a sports/racing person, but the energy of that event is fantastic.

Old 04-08-2024, 11:05 PM

718 posts, read 492,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallensrvnge View Post
A Super Bowl in Indy is probably far off, but every year the city does a phenomenal job with the Indianapolis 500 and hundreds of thousands flock to Indy to see the spectacle. I'm not even a sports/racing person, but the energy of that event is fantastic.
Not to mention having a nba and nfl team. Plus the Indy 500. Consistent ncaa tournament host.All the concerts and perks that come along with those size venues....yeah people are waaay too hard on Indy...

Old 04-09-2024, 12:08 AM

6,373 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Quote:
Dude...a thread about the area where I live was near the top of the threads list with new comments; so I commented on it. The fact that we live in the same area and end up on the same discussions isn't due to "stalking"...its kinda how online forums work....

But yes...the snarkiness in your "revival" post eyerolling the notion that the Triangle area can/should be considered as a whole is very silly IMO.

Incidentally I was just south of Indianapolis today to see the eclipse. Didn't get into the city but the area seams nice enough. Would I prefer to live there over Raleigh/The Triangle or would I prefer Indiana as a state over NC? No. But could i understand anyone feeling the opposite? Of course.

Old 04-09-2024, 02:15 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,307,616 times
Indianapolis is not my vibe. Raleigh ftw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City