Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 12:32 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,095,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
So the search engine magically gave you only threads about NYC by non-New Yorkers? You can't be serious. I detailed for you exactly what I did, and actually listed for you the threads, the posters, and the poster's location. You have NO argument for "all threads are made by non new yorkers." You directly contradict that statement by saying "Of course your going to get some threads made by natives that goes without saying." I can say you're just not very careful with your words, but obviously there's something in you that's incapable of watching what you say or reading what others write.

Omg if you type in new york or nyc, in the search engine four pages worth of threads come up come up. Most of these threads are made by non new yorkers. I could have sworn i never sail all. I said most.....most,most,most,roast-toast-boast-post most!!! wth
Let me myself clear. Not all but a good majority of threads are made by non new yorkers

as well as people in the metro (who can't be disconnected from NYC seeing as they live in the NYC metro and not in Wasilla, Alaska).

How are u going to count a cities metro? I said N.E.W.Y.O.R.K.E.R.S
NOT ALMOST NEW YORK NOT HALFWAY NEW YORK BUT NEW YORKERS. They can be disconnected as they are not new yorkers, its that simple. Im not trying to sound arrogant its just what your saying is ridiculous. Your either a new yorker or your not.

You'll notice that this forum "City vs City" actually hasn't been here for very long, so pretty much everything here is a recent topic. Well, here's one piece of the puzzle: obviously one poster in particular, drose1, had been thinking about NYC and made THREE separate topics in a short span of time. I recently bumped two NYC topics made by New Yorkers (as in New Yorkers who live in the city). There were ongoing, long topics about NYC (especially the one versus LA) that have been kept alive mostly by New Yorkers (and whoever they're arguing with). So it's one fluke making three topics, me bumping two to make a point (and I live, work, and vote in NYC), and several of us New Yorkers (go through some of the NYC threads and look at how many of the posts have been from New Yorkers) keeping NYC topics alive.
City vs city has been around long enough(months) LOL at new yorkers keeping threads alive, it takes two to tangle. You bumped two to make what point exactly? I can bump an endless amount of topics not from natives.

As far as my being light on other posters, no. Pointing out how some New Yorkers on here are arrogant does not mean posters from other places aren't arrogant--it just means that there are New Yorkers here that are arrogant. Have you seen Rachel and TANaples bait people in the south for absolutely no reason? How could you possibly miss the random tidbits of almost completely off-topic boosting of NYC and putting down of the south they do? Or the dementor alts that do nothing but bait Chicagoans by pushing its inferiority to NYC? Of course, there's also the category of people who are being arrogant (about their city) without even being aware of it, and NYC seems to have its fair share of those on this board.

Theres Alot of baiting on both sides that what im saying. U only named three people and thats supposed to be new yorkers as a whole. Los angelans go hard at chicago or any other city they consider less worthy-midwest,houston,atlanta,maybe every city besides ny.I never even heard the word "podunk" on here until someone from la used it too mention every city not in california. Chicagoens go in on la,houston(mainly) other areas of the midwest, and any city threatning their "second city" position. Its the same sh*.
In a Empire state of mind

Old 07-24-2009, 12:49 AM

37,188 posts, read 39,473,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I meant that there are more Non-native people that post more threads about NY than the Native NYers.
Yes, and I meant find someone who said otherwise.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Type in new york in search... 4 pages come up. All threads are made by non new yorkers. Your not going to sit here and tell me that most new york threads are not made by non new yorkers. Of course your going to get some threads made by natives that goes without saying. But most of the recent threads were made by nons.

U keep mentioning new york metro. New yorkers have nothing to do with that. Their either from new york or not. Its that simple, i said New Yorkers. I thought i cleared up the "almost exclusively" part and changed it too mostly. Ya what you see when you search is threads about new york, mostly by non new yorkers

Im sure Ricanpapi wasnt talking about nyc threads since the beginning of city-data.com. Im quite sure he was referring to the recent wave of new york threads-again mostly made by non new yorkers

LOL. Your putting the heavy hand on new york and the feather on chicago and la. U and i both know that there are quite a few on here who say some crazy things. You played yourself even saying that, you already know what it is. And defensive? did you say defensive? lmao New york is enemey number 1 to every city in the world on this forum. Like i said before new yorkers find themselves defending the city more than anything. There is ample evidence of arrogance by alot of cities on this board so what are you saying? The only person that goes hard with that is finalcut
You have a few language issues. Oh well.

I listed mostly New Yorkers in NYC. Aside from that inconvenient fact, there's also the fact that people in the metro are not going to be disconnected from the city. If you live in the metro, you are going to be liable to talk about the city because it'll be the main big city you know.

The results I found were from the first page of the search. They go back from last week to about two months ago. Really old, yes.

Saying there are arrogant New Yorkers doesn't mean there aren't arrogant Angelenos, Houstonians, Chicagoans, etc. It's a leap in logic to claim that.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
You have a few language issues. Oh well.

I listed mostly New Yorkers in NYC. Aside from that inconvenient fact, there's also the fact that people in the metro are not going to be disconnected from the city. If you live in the metro, you are going to be liable to talk about the city because it'll be the main big city you know.

The results I found were from the first page of the search. They go back from last week to about two months ago. Really old, yes.

Saying there are arrogant New Yorkers doesn't mean there aren't arrogant Angelenos, Houstonians, Chicagoans, etc. It's a leap in logic to claim that.
Ok i messed up and said all. My bad damn!!! Now we can focus on the fact that most are non new yorkers. People from the metro area are already disconnected what does living in a metro area have to do with living in the city itself. I find it funny that this is hard for you to understand cuz i dont get it. I said new yorkers!!!! as in people that are actually from the city in question, as in people who live,work,sleep there every day and night

And yes there is arrogance all over, i just find it funny that kettles is calling pots black

Like i said four pages come up, most with nyc in its title are from nons. I dont understand how we can be looking at two different things

Old 07-24-2009, 01:26 AM

Who doesn't get it? I explicity addressed it several times. Instead, you seem to go on nothing but assumptions that I never made. Who said anything about non-New Yorkers not making NYC topics? How were you unable to find topics by New Yorkers especially when I gave you the specific topics and where the posters lived (in NEW YORK CITY as in the actual physical boundaries of the city itself). How can you possibly think people living in a city's metro are disconnected from the city? We're looking at two different things because you have reading comprehension and writing issues. It's simple.

Arrogance from elsewhere doesn't make arrogance from anywhere any more "right." The pot and the kettle are wrong and calling the pot black does not mean the kettle isn't.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
I guess if you insist, I'll have to help you.

Naturally, there's this topic. Using "NYC" as the keyword for topic title in the search engine yields, on just the first page of results, "Where would you rather live NYC or L.A." by westchester (in westchester), "NYC vs State College, PA" by Trailrunner79 who lives in Astoria, Queens, NYC, "Which City is safer LA or NYC" by KRS88 who lists his location as University Heights in the Bronx, There's "NYC vs Tokyo" and "NYC vs London" by NYC1212 who lives in Manhattan, "Favorite NYC Borough" by Newarkbomb who lives in the NYC metro, and "NYC vs LA vs Chicago: who has the worst driver" by dementor who supposedly hails from White Plains.

Putting in New York, you get (also just the first page), "New York metro vs Miami Metro vs LA metro" by PalmBch who lives in NJ/NYC/FL, "New York City vs Los Angeles" by NorthNJ who lives in Northern New Jersey, "Miami vs New York" by 130st who lives in NYC, "New York City vs Los Angeles by NJ-201 who lives in NJ, and "New York City vs Boston", "New York vs Honolulu", and "New York Metropolitan versus Miami Metropolitan" by Apple_91 who lives in NYC.

So, how does that qualify as "almost exclusively brought up by non-new yorkers"? Honestly, if you need help with the search function, I can show you the ropes.

There are more people from NYC and its surrounding area than almost any other single place on this forum. It's also a very attractive place given that it's the US's largest city. It doesn't really take that much explaining.
Ok safe too say you can throw out like half your list to begin with. Your either a new yorker or your not. Your either from philly or your not, your either from london or your not, your either from tokyo or your not.Those are not new yorkers. KRS88 is from LA

All non new yorkers- All Recent
Los Angeles vs Washington D.C. vs New York City: Higher Education
Chicago... more like a smaller New York? or a Bigger Boston?
The Chrysler Building vs the Hancock Center
Poll: L.A. vs NYC vs Chicago
Poll: New York City vs Los Angeles
LA Lifestyle vs NY LifeStyle?
Bay Area vs NYC in Higher Education
Philadelphia vs NYC
Match a NYC neighborhood with another cities neighborhood
Greatest influence on the U.S.A., New York City or Los Angeles?
New York: Center of the World?
New York City has better architecture than Chicago.
Which City Is Safer: Chicago or New York City?
Which US city is most like New York in terms of overall urban feel?
Texas and New York
Which city is safer LA or NYC?
Your own thread in which u created a part 2 to(lol) mainly discussings new yorks position- Center of the world:redux
San Francisco vs. Chicago vs. New York
New York (Manhattan) vs Chicago
Skyline competition: New York City vs Shanghai

I think thats enough your list ment nothing. Most topics are made by non new yorkers

Old 07-24-2009, 02:00 AM

KRS88 is from University Heights in the Bronx. How is that LA? PalmBCH lists NYC in his locations because people are actually able to live in more than one place as a lot of New Yorkers I know do.

No one's argued that non-New Yorkers aren't responsible for most of the NYC threads--you're arguing with nobody there, and I've specifically said this over and over. How are you unable to understand this? It is completely reasonable that most threads for any city on this forum are going to be by non-natives. The problem was your original claim, and then some of the hamfisted claims you made along the way.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:08 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,479,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Ok safe too say you can throw out like half your list to begin with. Your either a new yorker or your not. Your either from philly or your not, your either from london or your not, your either from tokyo or your not.Those are not new yorkers. KRS88 is from LA

All non new yorkers- All Recent
Los Angeles vs Washington D.C. vs New York City: Higher Education
Chicago... more like a smaller New York? or a Bigger Boston?
The Chrysler Building vs the Hancock Center
Poll: L.A. vs NYC vs Chicago
Poll: New York City vs Los Angeles
LA Lifestyle vs NY LifeStyle?
Bay Area vs NYC in Higher Education
Philadelphia vs NYC
Match a NYC neighborhood with another cities neighborhood
Greatest influence on the U.S.A., New York City or Los Angeles?
New York: Center of the World?
New York City has better architecture than Chicago.
Which City Is Safer: Chicago or New York City?
Which US city is most like New York in terms of overall urban feel?
Texas and New York
Which city is safer LA or NYC?
Your own thread in which u created a part 2 to(lol) mainly discussings new yorks position- Center of the world:redux
San Francisco vs. Chicago vs. New York
New York (Manhattan) vs Chicago
Skyline competition: New York City vs Shanghai

I think thats enough your list ment nothing. Most topics are made by non new yorkers
Man KRS88's so not from LA its not even funny. You guys can slug out the rest of this, but that's just a fact. He's definitely a Nyer. I'd definitely find it funny if you refuted his NY citizenship (so by all means please do lol), but let's see his reaction to that. Him and SuperMario are dating in NYC as far as I know lol j/p.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 AM

Quote:
KRS88 is from University Heights in the Bronx. How is that LA? PalmBCH lists NYC in his locations because people are actually able to live in more than one place as a lot of New Yorkers I know do.

No one's argued that non-New Yorkers aren't responsible for most of the NYC threads--you're arguing with nobody there, and I've specifically said this over and over. How are you unable to understand this? It is completely reasonable that most threads for any city on this forum are going to be by non-natives. The problem was your original claim, and then some of the hamfisted claims you made along the way.
my whole point was that the new yorkness of city vs city is not the result of arrogant new yorkers, thats all. And i could have sworn i said most and not all, along time ago. Regardless though, at the end of the day most u named were not from new york

And im not trying to deny krs88 new yorkness, lol. I just coulda sworn he said he was originally from california

Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 AM

4,515 posts, read 9,706,499 times
Quote:

You are always putting NYC down, it is unbelievable and you live in NYC, which that makes it worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City