Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 10:32 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,546,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanboy View Post
I want to move to NYC soooooo bad I'm about to go crazy. Ughhhh.

I just got back and I am obsessed all over again. Its so amazing!!
that's what i'm talkin about

Old 07-24-2009, 11:55 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,806,999 times
SO TRUE.LOL.So transparent!!LOL

Old 07-24-2009, 11:56 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,806,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
Ha, another thread for the purpose of boosting the ego of the op. Figures
SO TRUE.LOL.So transparent!!LOL

Old 07-25-2009, 12:47 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,744,015 times
Why? because it's the most important city in America.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:06 AM

674 posts, read 1,814,422 times
this thread has been up for a couple of days and It already has 153 replies so by replying your only making the statement more true as of why is nyc the most talked about city in city vs city.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:10 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,094,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post

I live 4 blocks west of the beach. I pay $1,100 in rent for a 1 bedroom. People living downtown or anywhere along the lakefront can walk or bike to the beach. I'm only talking about Chicago here.

There are beaches in every borough. I dont understand what you living four blocks from the beach have to do with anything. Someone can live four blocks or 1 block or two blocks or 12 blocks from a beach in new york too.What are you saying

How is the number of people an excuse for cleanliness? NYC is a dirty city. Lets be real here.

Common sense should tell any citizen of planet earth that nyc is not going to be mr clean,fantastic,ajax what have you, clean. Its a big dense city of 8 mill why would anyone expect it too be clean. Im not making a case for it, nyc can be dirty as hell. But for someone to come here and complain about it is weird. Like you didnt do your homework?

Low to moderate rent? Compared to where? Would you want to live in any of these low rent areas? How much of your paycheck goes to rent and how much goes to entertainment?

lmao because all 8 mill are paying 2000 a month to live here. All new yorkers just work no play. Be giving mcdonald happy meal toys to our kids for christmas, f..k it, its a recession

I threw the House scene in there just to show that certain cities excel in certain aspects. New York is not big on the house scene. Techno is not house. They are two completely different animals. House Music is a culture in itself.

Does that satisfy you to know that. Im sure house is played in one of dem clubs, somewhere. Thats like someone from dc laughing at us because we dont have a gogo scene. lol. Thats just not what we do in new york, thats ya thing. Why would you expect new york to have a big house scene, house is a chicago/midwest thing. Like come on

NYC has a GREAT music scene. I'd say the best in the country. But House Music and Country music aren't its strong points.

We might be lacking in a amount of bingo halls aswell, how you going to sit there,calling yourself making a list and forget that. New york gotta step our ,bingohall, game up

It's not a joke. Its to show you that despite what you may believe. NYC is not the best at everything.

Never said it was

Did I mention 4 seasons at all? Not once. I said WARM WEATHER YEAR ROUND. Once again, if people want warm weather year round, maybe NYC won't be their 1st choice.

365 days with no change, how un new york of it...jk

There's not much laid back about NYC. Maybe way out in the outer boroughs but that would still be considered fast paced to a majority of the country.

Certain pockets where you wouldnt even know your in the city, if its that serious too u. City island for one

I mean that NYC is not really a jeans and t-shirt culture. It's the fashion capital of the country. This has a lot to do with it. For a lot of people, fashion is not that high up on their priority list.

Ya we have fashion police out here kinda like a subdivision of the nypd, they just added that s..t, said too many ppl from the midwest messing up our style had to dead it. Come outside walking to your local bodega with just a tee and jeans if you want too. U getting put on blast. They gone give you a H AND M GIFT certificate
In an empire-state of mind

Old 07-25-2009, 03:29 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,960,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I do not know why it is so hard for some people (especially southerners) to accept and admit that New York City is the largest most important city in America with international acclaim.
What southerners said it wasn't? We're just saying that most of these NYC threads are started by NY'ers, and the ones that aren't are usually vs threads started by the person from the city that NYC is going up against.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:37 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,960,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBC View Post
And I don't know why it is so hard for some people (especially New Yorkers) to accept that New York City is not everyone's Mecca. I don't think anyone's arguing its not among the most important and influential cities. But not everyone has a desire to live there, people are happy in their smaller cities, suburbs and rural areas. I don't see why people have to bring it up no matter how little the city pertains to the discussion. I don't get how NYC is the only place with culture. I don't get why (insert topic here) is automatically superior because its in NYC. I don't know what makes NYC a real city as opposed to say Orlando. I don't get how having a car is a bad thing. And for the life of me I don't get how a poster says how great something in their city is, is challenging your city.
Exactly. No one criticizes NYC, it's the mention of OTHER cities that makes them attack. Who criticizes NYC besides LAnightmare? It's unprovoked attacks.

Old 07-25-2009, 04:21 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,949,028 times
Geez, I go overseas for 2 weeks and there's like 2 really long pointless threads about NYC. But I can't complain, lol. I guess NYC is discussed the most because it's most liked on the forum. Good to be home in NY, by the way

Old 07-25-2009, 09:07 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,610,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Maybe because it is our nation's primate city!
I love double entendres
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City