Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:10 AM

37,188 posts, read 39,473,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Nah this one doesnt count. Ricanpapi was simply asking a question, bringing it too the forums attention. Every single thread on this page that mentions new york are from non new yorkers

I never ever just talk about new york out of nowhere. It was because a non brought the city up or i was simply defending it. All those posters u named-the new yorkers including myself, never go about making a thread about new york city. When was the last thread about new york from any of them? or me?
Try using the search function and you'll find that's simply not true.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:17 AM

542 posts, read 1,500,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I don't understand these East Coast bias accusations. Wouldn't it make complete sense that the most populous region in the US also have the largest number of posters on this forum? What is the bias in that aside from reality?
Of course. But to the point where other regions of the country are constantly bashed, stereotyped and never given credit or respect is what I think polo was referring to. It happens all the time, but it seems to be most prevalent among those from the upper East Coast.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:47 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,056,688 times
"New York, New York, The Bronx vacaserio"

"And you already know the X is where the team be at"

"We from the Bronx NY **** happens"

"I hit Wash Heights with the money in the bag"

"Mess around, come uptown and get felt"

"Ima get my Brooklyn suckas to run in ya house"

Sorry these rap lines where in my head while reading this thread.

And yes....I'm from NYC

Old 07-23-2009, 10:56 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,095,781 times
Quote:
Try using the search function and you'll find that's simply not true.
Oy give it up. All the last major nyc threads were made by non-new yorkers. This is something ive been observing for awhile now, this didnt just come up yesterday

Old 07-23-2009, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Oy give it up. All the last major nyc threads were made by non-new yorkers. This is something ive been observing for awhile now, this didnt just come up yesterday

I can teach you how to use the search function if you'd like. It really does work.

Old 07-23-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Yeah I agree I just asked the Question to see why NYC is very popular in City vs. City. For example Rwarky I think he's from Cali and he created a thread called Greatest influence on the U.S.A., New York City or Los Angeles?, Another thread was more expensive boston or NYC ? by drose1, NYC or L.A? by tothehilt, this person is from Fl, L.A. vs NYC vs Chicago by crayola, this person is from Michigan, Philadelphia vs NYC by JLock 2513, and this person is from Houston TX.

Should I continue?

I just saw many threads of NYC that is why I brought it up...
Na ricanpapi did it for me

Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 AM

Also when one does use search.................the same thing non new yorkers. Strange?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:37 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,236,937 times
Wait, I'd think ATL and HOU are the most talked about cities on here lol. Now those threads usuaully are started by people from neither city.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:44 AM

I guess if you insist, I'll have to help you.

Naturally, there's this topic. Using "NYC" as the keyword for topic title in the search engine yields, on just the first page of results, "Where would you rather live NYC or L.A." by westchester (in westchester), "NYC vs State College, PA" by Trailrunner79 who lives in Astoria, Queens, NYC, "Which City is safer LA or NYC" by KRS88 who lists his location as University Heights in the Bronx, There's "NYC vs Tokyo" and "NYC vs London" by NYC1212 who lives in Manhattan, "Favorite NYC Borough" by Newarkbomb who lives in the NYC metro, and "NYC vs LA vs Chicago: who has the worst driver" by dementor who supposedly hails from White Plains.

Putting in New York, you get (also just the first page), "New York metro vs Miami Metro vs LA metro" by PalmBch who lives in NJ/NYC/FL, "New York City vs Los Angeles" by NorthNJ who lives in Northern New Jersey, "Miami vs New York" by 130st who lives in NYC, "New York City vs Los Angeles by NJ-201 who lives in NJ, and "New York City vs Boston", "New York vs Honolulu", and "New York Metropolitan versus Miami Metropolitan" by Apple_91 who lives in NYC.

So, how does that qualify as "almost exclusively brought up by non-new yorkers"? Honestly, if you need help with the search function, I can show you the ropes.

There are more people from NYC and its surrounding area than almost any other single place on this forum. It's also a very attractive place given that it's the US's largest city. It doesn't really take that much explaining.

Old 07-23-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I guess if you insist, I'll have to help you.

Naturally, there's this topic. Using "NYC" as the keyword for topic title in the search engine yields, on just the first page of results, "Where would you rather live NYC or L.A." by westchester (in westchester), "NYC vs State College, PA" by Trailrunner79 who lives in Astoria, Queens, NYC, "Which City is safer LA or NYC" by KRS88 who lists his location as University Heights in the Bronx, There's "NYC vs Tokyo" and "NYC vs London" by NYC1212 who lives in Manhattan, "Favorite NYC Borough" by Newarkbomb who lives in the NYC metro, and "NYC vs LA vs Chicago: who has the worst driver" by dementor who supposedly hails from White Plains.

Putting in New York, you get (also just the first page), "New York metro vs Miami Metro vs LA metro" by PalmBch who lives in NJ/NYC/FL, "New York City vs Los Angeles" by NorthNJ who lives in Northern New Jersey, "Miami vs New York" by 130st who lives in NYC, "New York City vs Los Angeles by NJ-201 who lives in NJ, and "New York City vs Boston", "New York vs Honolulu", and "New York Metropolitan versus Miami Metropolitan" by Apple_91 who lives in NYC.

So, how does that qualify as "almost exclusively brought up by non-new yorkers"? Honestly, if you need help with the search function, I can show you the ropes.

There are more people from NYC and its surrounding area than almost any other single place on this forum. It's also a very attractive place given that it's the US's largest city. It doesn't really take that much explaining.
Lol nyc or LA by westchester- we all know that most nyc vs la topics come from non-new yorkers. Come on now

KRS88 is from LA i think.

NYC vs tokyo,london. Read above most vs topics come from non new yorkers those are only two examples. Made by the same person at that

Your whole second paragraph consist of threads by people NOT FROM NEW YORK ,like i said. lol So yes my statement still stands
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City