Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which area is acceptable for IRR?
Western United States 29 58.00%
Southern United States 6 12.00%
Midwestern United States 1 2.00%
Northeastern United States 14 28.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 11:19 AM

4,419 posts, read 5,151,002 times

Advertisements

I wonder how this poll would have gone if the question asked about black/white mixing specifically. The West would be last place imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 01:43 PM

16,697 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I wonder how this poll would have gone if the question asked about black/white mixing specifically. The West would be last place imo.
Make a new thread and poll for that.

Old 02-02-2022, 07:12 AM

1,214 posts, read 2,323,576 times
Quote:
I’d be interested in that as well. My guess is the Northeast and South would be neck and neck. Honestly a select few cities of the “New South” are probably unquestionably more accepting, but as an overall region I would still favor the Northeast by a comfortable margin especially when taking into account suburban and rural communities.

Old 03-01-2022, 03:47 AM

35,059 posts, read 16,995,362 times
We have a mixed black and white couple on our block, and almost always have had one or two of those in our townhouse development. More common and mixed white and Asian.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:22 PM

313 posts, read 160,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
People are really in here pretending The Bay is some racially harmonious region? Its the worst major metro for blacks in the entire nation, defining "major" as 2-million plus population. It certainly isn't anywhere near the greatest places to live and work as a Black American...
Not know more and that facts.

Old 03-06-2022, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcal2k19 View Post
I've seen Italian guys/Black women, Italian Guys/Puerto Rican women and vice versa in the NYC Tri-State area. There may be some softening here, but common things about love for family, culture (music, food), and certain sense of duty and swagger brings folks together in the Northeast. It has a strong regional identity like the South (albeit very different of course).
Good Point. New York was one of the first city too break
The trend on racial diversity MULTICULTURAL since the
Spike Lee joint,or lean on me movie and of course hip hop and freestyle music Matter fact NYC and too a degree Boston D.C. Philly

Old 03-06-2022, 05:41 PM

Quote:
True

Old 03-07-2022, 11:58 PM

9,680 posts, read 9,390,397 times
I think the younger generations are changing things because they don't care what people think about who they date. I went to school with white gguys and girls who dated black in high school college but end up settling for Karen/Ken types because they were afraid what their families would say. This was in the South.

Old 03-09-2022, 11:56 AM

[quote=Foamposite;60342994]Black/Hispanic is pretty common in terms of proportion.

More black men have kids with Hispanic women than white women in California, per CDC statistics.[/QUOTE

Depends on cities probably Sacramento,Oakland or
Hayward,Los Angeles probably like Compton or Inglewood which is black and Mexican Community, but racial attention is bad in Southern California the numbers are lower compare too Black and Puerto Rican or Black and Dominican Cubano Brazilian,New York city
Miami and Boston are way more mix race between them
According to demographic Status. Mexican and Black
I would say it be more prevalent in places like Houston
San Antonio or Austin which I seen a lot Mexican Men with Black Women or vice versa..

Old 08-21-2023, 02:40 AM

1 posts, read 257 times
Ive had the most negative experiences in the midwest. I am a bm and my fiancé is biracial but white pasing. I often feel that there is a difference in acceptance depending on what race the man is (especially in black/white relationships). In the midwest it is segregated and forming a relationship with any woman who isnt at least 75% black is frowned upon. This is due to the heavy matriarchal influence in the black community (usually more women present than men). Ive had AWKWARD interactions in the piedmont states as well. A lot of in Awe type of stares. To be fair, this region has the most single and black women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City