Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is more urban?
Boston 72 63.72%
DC 41 36.28%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 05:51 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,028,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
I think most of you can't get with DT DC because it clean and very uniform. All of the buildings are the same height, offer underground parking and are not set back very far from the street. There is nothing office park about DT DC. That's some BS. I keep hearing "DT DC has a much larger footprint." So what. DC has a height restriction. So in order to accomodate 100 plus square feet of office space (which crushes Philly, Boston and SF), you have to keep building. DT DC is very large and it stretches for a few miles in each direction. Like I mentioned before. If you want to keep mentioning how vibrant DT Boston is, that's fine but I have numbers that say that DT DC has more people, more transportation riders, more office space, more buildings, more restaurants, more workers than Boston. Boston is cool but DT DC has many more things to do and see.
DC has 40%ish more people in 320% the area, do the math Bostons denser.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,463,319 times
Quote:
You just proved my point about Skins fans!
Proved what? That they're stupid?

Quote:
And yes, DT DC is much more crowded than DT Boston. DC almost doubles in population during the day. Plus, we have more tourist walking around.
It really isn't more crowded. You're just biased to the point where you can't function properly. There's no point in even talking to you.

Quote:
You people need to get out more often.
Haha yea I really gotta see the world outside of Boston..oh wait...

Old 10-18-2011, 06:07 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,162,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
DC has 40%ish more people in 320% the area, do the math Bostons denser.
I'm not disputing the population density Michael Buffer. I am disputing the structural density. There is a difference. None of you can account for DC's office space but then I hear "oh it's a much bigger footprint." Ok if it's a much bigger footprint and has more office space with height restrictions, that means, it has to have more buildings to accomodate that? Duh! I am providing you with something feasible to measure instead of making unfactual statements like this..."DC has 4 to 10 story buildings DT." Or "the T has just as many riders"..or "DT Boston is just as crowded." Show me some proof. I can back up all of my statements about DT DC's office space, Metro ridership, DT population numbers as well as show mid rise structural density that surpasses Boston hi-rise structural density.

Hey Kid, since you love google maps so much. Show me a surface parking lot in DT DC adjacent to an office building? Show me an above ground parkling structure? Show me an office building that has above ground parking on the first couple of floors? Show me an office building that is set back from the street? Show me a break in the development of DT DC's office building? Good luck with that one!

Old 10-18-2011, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Proved what? That they're stupid?

It really isn't more crowded. You're just biased to the point where you can't function properly. There's no point in even talking to you.

Haha yea I really gotta see the world outside of Boston..oh wait...
So Redsox fans must be the dummest of dummies on the dummy scale for waiting 200 years for their title? Beat it, because you don't make any sense. Hail to the Redskins.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
I'm not disputing the population density Michael Buffer. I am disputing the structural density. There is a difference. None of you can account for DC's office space but then I hear "oh it's a much bigger footprint." Ok if it's a much bigger footprint and has more office space with height restrictions, that means, it has to have more buildings to accomodate that? Duh! I am providing you with something feasible to measure instead of making unfactual statements like this..."DC has 4 to 10 story buildings DT." Or "the T has just as many riders"..or "DT Boston is just as crowded." Show me some proof. I can back up all of my statements about DT DC's office space, Metro ridership, DT population numbers as well as show mid rise structural density that surpasses Boston hi-rise structural density.

Hey Kid, since you love google maps so much. Show me a surface parking lot in DT DC adjacent to an office building? Show me an above ground parkling structure? Show me an office building that has above ground parking on the fist couple of floors? Show me an office building that is set back from the street? Show me a break in the development of DT DC's office building?
Back Bay, North End, Beacon Hill, and Bay village are not counted in Downtown, they are very urban.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Back Bay, North End, Beacon Hill, and Bay village are not counted in Downtown, they are very urban.
Ok, are you on the same thread. When did I mention any of those areas. I am talking about structural density!!! Kid and the rest of them are mathmatically challenged.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:21 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,463,319 times
Quote:
So Redsox fans must be the dummest of dummies on the dummy scale for waiting 200 years for their title? Beat it, because you don't make any sense. Hail to the Redskins.
Um no. You're trying to somehow say the Redskins are a superior franchise than the Patriots simply because they're worth more. That's quite a reach.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Ok, are you on the same thread. When did I mention any of those areas. I am talking about structural density!!! Kid and the rest of them are mathmatically challenged.
well your saying Structural density, and Back bay/ South end have no Parking. DT has 1 Parking garage. you have no idea what your talking about.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:23 PM

13,728 posts, read 15,765,512 times
Metro alone had over 1 million riders in Q2 of 2011. Thats without commuter rail included. Transit isn't close to DC anywhere unless your NYC.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Um no. You're trying to somehow say the Redskins are a superior franchise than the Patriots simply because they're worth more. That's quite a reach.
Hmmm! If my house is worth more than your house, what does that say? Here's a hint: I admit that your team plays much better on the field but..... Take your time and answer that question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City