Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 08:32 AM

749 posts, read 1,317,957 times

Advertisements

college basketball-NC owns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 08:40 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,137,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinablue View Post
college basketball-NC owns.
I don't know. KY consistently sends 3-4 teams to the NCAA tourney each year.

University of Kentucky
Louisville
Western Kentucky

You also have Eastern Kentucky and Murray who have made the tourney in past years and they are D-1AA

Old 08-01-2009, 08:46 AM

749 posts, read 1,317,957 times
You're right, I just love my tobacco road basketball so much. Can't deny what KY(and many other states for that matter) brings to the table though.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:47 AM

815 posts, read 2,139,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I don't know. KY consistently sends 3-4 teams to the NCAA tourney each year.

University of Kentucky
Louisville
Western Kentucky

You also have Eastern Kentucky and Murray who have made the tourney in past years and they are D-1AA
No you have to give the college crown to North Carolina. They have UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, and even UNC-Charlotte and UNC-Greensboro go to the tourney sometimes. Louisville while they are good have not won in ages and Kentuckey hasn't won since the late 90's or early 00's (I think). North Carolina colleges have put out Michael Jordan, James Worthy, Chris Paul, Rasheed Wallace, Vince Carter, Antwan Jamison, Grant Hill just to name a few

Old 08-01-2009, 08:48 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,832,385 times
NFL=MA
NHL=Detroit
Baseball=MA
Basketball=California

Old 08-01-2009, 09:01 AM

How short the memory is of Red Sox nation!!!!!! You got trounced by the Yankee's for 80 years, then you win two WS titles and now you all hold the crown in Baseball?????? I thinks not, the Yankees have more WS titles than the Red Sox have Division Titles, not to mention that your 2004 team was roided up like crazy and probably the 2007 was as well. In addition aren't the Red Sox behind the Yankees in the standings right now anyway??? And the Patriots, please dont get me started on them, lets see how the aging Pats fare this year when opposing D-line men start taking pot shots at Tom Brady's knee. You all should have never let Matt Cassell get away like that without seeing how Brady would do this year

Old 08-01-2009, 09:07 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,920,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston14 View Post
NFL=MA
. . . . . I don't think so....

Old 08-01-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
How short the memory is of Red Sox nation!!!!!! You got trounced by the Yankee's for 80 years, then you win two WS titles and now you all hold the crown in Baseball?????? I thinks not, the Yankees have more WS titles than the Red Sox have Division Titles, not to mention that your 2004 team was roided up like crazy and probably the 2007 was as well. In addition aren't the Red Sox behind the Yankees in the standings right now anyway??? And the Patriots, please dont get me started on them, lets see how the aging Pats fare this year when opposing D-line men start taking pot shots at Tom Brady's knee. You all should have never let Matt Cassell get away like that without seeing how Brady would do this year
Please the Patriots are going to kick ass this year and the red sox are what one game behind yankees

Old 08-01-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston14 View Post
Please the Patriots are going to kick ass this year and the red sox are what one game behind yankees

Doubt it, the Pats run is over, all of your key players are over 30, and the entire teams success is contingent upon Tom Brady staying healthy, which I would bet the farm he doesn't play a full 16 game season. And the Red Sox this year still dont have any offense even after you all picked up that catcher from Cleveland this week, I dont know who will win the AL banner this year but I doubt it will be Big Pappi and the roided up BoSox

Old 08-01-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Doubt it, the Pats run is over, all of your key players are over 30, and the entire teams success is contingent upon Tom Brady staying healthy, which I would bet the farm he doesn't play a full 16 game season. And the Red Sox this year still dont have any offense even after you all picked up that catcher from Cleveland this week, I dont know who will win the AL banner this year but I doubt it will be Big Pappi and the roided up BoSox
Red sox I agree suck right now but the Pats are going to do good this year I know it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City