Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2011, 10:56 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times

Advertisements

The majority of people on this thread are just trying to prove whatever city their from is harder/more dangerous than the next. People don't understand that what this stems from is your ego, it's just another way to say you're "superior" to someone in some way.

In the past I even did this somewhat myself, until I realized the truth and how ignorant it was. How is living in poverty in a crime ridden area good? how is having your friends and family being victims of numerous crimes some even killed good?

I've stopped participating in threads like these for those reasons among others, but some of these posts are so ridiculous I feel I have to reply to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atizstr8 View Post
This is going to be my last post on here and all I'm gonna say is that I'd rather be in dc when the 2 snipers were killing people in there crosshairs then to walk down state street through the Robert Taylor homes(those who don't know what that is, it's the largest housing project in USA history)or Cabrini green or west lake street on the west side. That goes for 90's and today. Dc lovers can say all they want but according to the god damn STATS, Chicago was the most dangerous in the 90's and in 2010 west lake street was the most dangerous neighborhood(google it if you don't belive me). With that said the legacy of Chicago crime has and always will be more infamous then dc crime. GG Celtic, choke on cold hard stats moron.
Seriously? lol. You have no clue what you're talking about. What were the chances of being killed by the snipers when they were doing it in DC? easily 1 in many thousands, so that's a stupid comparison to begin with. State st is a major road in Chicago, one that I've personally drove many times and walked down. Is it the ghetto? yes, even now. But it's no different than any other main road that goes through a bad neighborhood. Even in the 90s you could most likely walk down state st and nothing would happen to you unless you looked way out of place, or something obvious like you were in a rival gang or had problems with someone. Going through the middle of Robert Taylor was a different story, if you were a clueless outsider you could easily get robbed.

The 90s OR today? You do realize that Robert Taylor doesn't exist anymore right? the majority of Cabrini Green was demolished as well.

West Lake St? LOL. The area of west lake st you're talking about that was named the most dangerous neighborhood in the country is almost all industrial. It's the very low population that boosted the per capita rates and made it look more dangerous. Those same rankings (or the previous year) had the area on state st you're speaking of (where Robert Taylor used to be), which is just an open field, again boosts per capita. AKA a joke.

I suspect you're some clueless kid who lives in a suburb near Chicago but online you live out your "Chicago gangster" dreams even though you know little about the city. BTW I've actually lived in Chicago for different times in the past, including in neighborhoods of the Westside, southside, and several suburbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkvillian718 View Post
I'd say Top 5 are
NYC
Atlanta
Oakland
Chicago
Los Angeles
You completely ignored all the smaller cities, and put your city as the most dangerous. You see nothing wrong with this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush M.O.B. View Post
D.C. had every other city in this country SHOOK, couldn't no one F*** with us. Even now you can still get ur head busted if you in the wrong place or messin with the wrong people easy. Oh and DC is the skimask capitol of the world from October to March its robbin season to the fullest. I rep DC all day to the fullest cuz!
Really? this post is just a joke, too ridiculous to even take seriously.

Many cities in the US have a higher crime rate and robbery rate than DC, including some major cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimetyme79 View Post
And,
LOL. Just wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
Chicago has nice parts to dilute the crime stats.

Other cities don't.

Bad parts of Chicago can equal the same as other entire cities in pop./land
Every single major city (250k+) has nice parts with low crime/murder rates that bring down the per capita average for the city, DC is definitely no exception to that. Same thing for nearly every small city. Why would you just include the bad neighborhoods? that would be for no other reason then to make the city look more dangerous. If you think apples to apples is neighborhood comparison than do it that way, not by city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacran View Post
In 1991 the englewood neighborhood with a population of 40,000 had 81 murders in 4 months.
But hey, it had lincoln park around 8 miles away so that makes Chicago safe.
If that about Englewood is true than it's horrible, but then look at different neighborhoods of DC over time and you will find neighborhoods at least near that bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2011, 10:58 PM

13,727 posts, read 15,760,072 times
And let's not even try to start naming the girl crews of D.C. walking round with shanks, blades, ice picks, and even guns:

MOST WANTED HONNIEZ, SURVIVOR HONNIEZ, XRATED HONNIES, 411 HONNIES, 18-D HONNIES, SURVIVOR HONNIES, DOGGPOUND HONNIEZ, G-UNIT HONNIEZ, SUPERSTAR HONNIES, PIMPHARDHONNIEZ, T.K.O HONNIES (TOTAL KNOCK OUT), NBA HONNIES(NOTHIN BUT A$$), KEEP IT WET HONNIES, GO HARD HONNIES, CUTE FACE HONNIES, #1 HONNIES, K.O HONNIES (KNOCK OUT), TOO CUTE HONNIES, LOONEYTUNE HONNIES, WET WET HONNIES, ROCKMAFIA HONNIES, MAFIA HONNIES, 7th St HONNIES, TOP FLIGHT HONNIES, RUFF RYDER`Z HONNIES(RRH), HYNOTIZE HONNIES, HOMOCIDE HONNIES, FATTY WET HONNIES , DYME PIECE HONNIES, HIGH CLASS HONNIES, ALL STAR HONNIES, 1-4 HONNIES, 360 HONNIES, HATED BY MANY HONNIES (HBM), DREAM TEAM HONNIES, ALL NITE HONNIES, CLAY STREET HONNIES, TMA HONNIES (TOO MUCH A$$), SNIPER HONEYZ, 208 HONNIES , UTCB-HONNIES (UPTOWN CRAZY B!$CHES), ICY_HOT_HUNNIEZ, DIP SET HONNIES, F@CK EM UP HONNIES

This is the dynamic D.C. has to live with and it's not fun. I'm just glad the violence is dying down more and more every year.

No more sugar and spice: Girl gangs on rise in D.C. - Washington Times

Last edited by MDAllstar; 03-12-2011 at 11:29 PM..

Old 03-12-2011, 11:03 PM

90 posts, read 246,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Chicago doesn't have 500 different gangs. Chicago has a few different gangs like other cities around the country with hundreds and even thousands of members. Name the different Chicago gangs. It's not even close.
Chicago has well over 500 gangs. And I'm not about to spend the next 12 hours listing them. Chicago has near 3 MILLION people and the south side alone is bigger then dc. Ask anyone who isn't in DC denial and with and IQ above 20 to find out. I can't understand how you think dc has more gangs then chicago. 3 million vs not even 600 thousand. Hmmmm. Let me go get my calculator for you because apparently everyone from dc has down syndrome. By the way do you guys even have a skyscraper yet? No? Not yet? It's ok you guys have the white house and a white ***** by a fountain. You guys will catch up to a real city someday. Maybe in the next couple years since now the dc crime rate has dropped so much, and then after that you guys might actually have a city that looks like a city, not a large suburb with a couple landmarks. Dc is a joke in crime and an actual city. Seriously our nations capital is as cool as Greensboro, North Carolina. Actually not even, at least that dirt farm had Frank Lucas. Dc is a joke. Face the music. The dc actually means desperate civilization or dumb ****s.

Last edited by Atizstr8; 03-12-2011 at 11:13 PM..

Old 03-12-2011, 11:03 PM

418 posts, read 809,700 times
Who gives a F*CK about the gangs in DC or CHI... wtf does this prove, i mean really?

Old 03-12-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Chicago has well over 500 gangs. And I'm not about to spend the next 12 hours listing them. Chicago has near 3 MILLION people and the south side alone is bigger then dc. Ask anyone who isn't in DC denial and with and IQ above 20 to find out. I can't understand how you think dc has more gangs then chicago. 3 million vs not even 600 thousand. Hmmmm. Let me go get my calculator for you because apparently everyone from dc has down syndrome. By the way do you guys even have a skyscraper yet? No? Not yet? It's ok you guys have the white house and a white ***** by a fountain. You guys will catch up to a real city someday. Maybe in the next couple years since now the dc crime rate has dropped so much, and then after that you guys might actually have a city that looks like a city, not a large suburb with a couple landmarks. Dc is a joke in crime and an actual city. Seriously our nations capital is as cool as Greensboro, North Carolina. Actually not even, at least that dirt farm had Frank Lucas. Dc is a joke. Face the music. The dc actually means desperate civilization.
Yet the city only had 980 or so murders? Really, is that it? For a dangerous city, that sure isn't much. You mean to tell me Chicago a city that is 227 sq. miles large with 3 million people only had 980 murders. LOL............D.C. is 68 sq. miles and had 489 murders. LOL....and most of those murders happened in about 30 sq. miles. LOL....this is ridiculous.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Chicago has well over 500 gangs. And I'm not about to spend the next 12 hours listing them. Chicago has near 3 MILLION people and the south side alone is bigger then dc. Ask anyone who isn't in DC denial and with and IQ above 20 to find out. I can't understand how you think dc has more gangs then chicago. 3 million vs not even 600 thousand. Hmmmm. Let me go get my calculator for you because apparently everyone from dc has down syndrome. By the way do you guys even have a skyscraper yet? No? Not yet? It's ok you guys have the white house and a white ***** by a fountain. You guys will catch up to a real city someday. Maybe in the next couple years since now the dc crime rate has dropped so much, and then after that you guys might actually have a city that looks like a city, not a large suburb with a couple landmarks. Dc is a joke in crime and an actual city. Seriously our nations capital is as cool as Greensboro, North Carolina. Actually not even, at least that dirt farm had Frank Lucas. Dc is a joke. Face the music. The dc actually means desperate civilization.
How's the economy treating you in Chicago? O yeah, I almost forgot to tell you we received your taxes in the mail. Thanks for your contribution to our economy in D.C. that is booming.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:18 PM

418 posts, read 809,700 times
MDallstar how old r u?

Old 03-12-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
The majority of people on this thread are just trying to prove whatever city their from is harder/more dangerous than the next. People don't understand that what this stems from is your ego, it's just another way to say you're "superior" to someone in some way.

In the past I even did this somewhat myself, until I realized the truth and how ignorant it was. How is living in poverty in a crime ridden area good? how is having your friends and family being victims of numerous crimes some even killed good?

I've stopped participating in threads like these for those reasons among others, but some of these posts are so ridiculous I feel I have to reply to them.

Seriously? lol. You have no clue what you're talking about. What were the chances of being killed by the snipers when they were doing it in DC? easily 1 in many thousands, so that's a stupid comparison to begin with. State st is a major road in Chicago, one that I've personally drove many times and walked down. Is it the ghetto? yes, even now. But it's no different than any other main road that goes through a bad neighborhood. Even in the 90s you could most likely walk down state st and nothing would happen to you unless you looked way out of place, or something obvious like you were in a rival gang or had problems with someone. Going through the middle of Robert Taylor was a different story, if you were a clueless outsider you could easily get robbed.

The 90s OR today? You do realize that Robert Taylor doesn't exist anymore right? the majority of Cabrini Green was demolished as well.

West Lake St? LOL. The area of west lake st you're talking about that was named the most dangerous neighborhood in the country is almost all industrial. It's the very low population that boosted the per capita rates and made it look more dangerous. Those same rankings (or the previous year) had the area on state st you're speaking of (where Robert Taylor used to be), which is just an open field, again boosts per capita. AKA a joke.

I suspect you're some clueless kid who lives in a suburb near Chicago but online you live out your "Chicago gangster" dreams even though you know little about the city. BTW I've actually lived in Chicago for different times in the past, including in neighborhoods of the Westside, southside, and several suburbs.

You completely ignored all the smaller cities, and put your city as the most dangerous. You see nothing wrong with this?

Really? this post is just a joke, too ridiculous to even take seriously.

Many cities in the US have a higher crime rate and robbery rate than DC, including some major cities.

LOL. Just wow.

Every single major city (250k+) has nice parts with low crime/murder rates that bring down the per capita average for the city, DC is definitely no exception to that. Same thing for nearly every small city. Why would you just include the bad neighborhoods? that would be for no other reason then to make the city look more dangerous. If you think apples to apples is neighborhood comparison than do it that way, not by city.

If that about Englewood is true than it's horrible, but then look at different neighborhoods of DC over time and you will find neighborhoods at least near that bad.
Wow, you have so much knowledge. I made the in the dc snipers crosshairs as a reference point, not actually saying that it would happen. How you took it the way you did is beyond me. While I will say some of the things you said were valid and the whole west lake street thing was to show these dc fanboys that comparing stuff per capita to say what city is more dangerous is not a valid way to do it because dc dumb****s keep saying "if dc had 2 million people we would have 3000 murders".

The whole thread is about the most dangerous city in the 90's. And that would be Chicago. Then dc ******* **********s started saying dc is currently is more dangerous then Chicago which is simply wrong. That's all there is to say. The thread may as well get locked because it's been established that Chicago was more dangerous dc in the 90's and today. Good day.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
How's the economy treating you in Chicago? O yeah, I almost forgot to tell you we received your taxes in the mail. Thanks for your contribution to our economy in D.C. that is booming.
It's booming enough to were crime in dc is down almost 50% but not enough to were your city looks like the suburbs around Chicago. Seriously after your 15th birthday party you should get on a plane (with your parents permission) and come see what the American dream looks like. Seriously man I know your scared of all the tall buildings and landmarks but trust me man your used of being in safe low crime dc. Walk through the west and south side. But all I'm saying is you better have your riot gear ready, your now in the most dangerous city in the USA.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Wow, you have so much knowledge. I made the in the dc snipers crosshairs as a reference point, not actually saying that it would happen. How you took it the way you did is beyond me. While I will say some of the things you said were valid and the whole west lake street thing was to show these dc fanboys that comparing stuff per capita to say what city is more dangerous is not a valid way to do it because dc dumb****s keep saying "if dc had 2 million people we would have 3000 murders".

The whole thread is about the most dangerous city in the 90's. And that would be Chicago. Then dc ******* **********s started saying dc is currently is more dangerous then Chicago which is simply wrong. That's all there is to say. The thread may as well get locked because it's been established that Chicago was more dangerous dc in the 90's and today. Good day.
Thank goodness D.C. is not that way anymore. D.C. is now one of the best cities to live in. The D.C. metro area is booming and everyone is moving here. I would hate to be in Chicago's shoes in 2011. It's one thing to talk about the past, it's another thing to still be stuck in the past which Chicago obviously still is with their huge crime problems. Must suck to still be living through the 90's in Chicago even in 2011..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City