Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Region would you prefer to live in?
Midwest 249 60.44%
Down South 163 39.56%
Voters: 412. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 10:30 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,391,087 times

Advertisements

The Midwest. My part of the Midwest is just fine for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 09:52 AM

754 posts, read 1,922,327 times
Deep South - just because it is home and where my ancestors and I have lived and loved the land. Native American and Scot

Old 10-05-2013, 02:53 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times
I like Midwestern hospitality, where they practically let a stranger they've never met in the house. It's more laidback than Southern hospitality, which like a Walgreens Rewards card, requires an accumulation of points. Basically brownie point system.

Plus you cant beat Midwestern scenery, either.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:28 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,900,194 times
I grew up in Chicago and is the only city I could live in as far as the midwest. I can't believe the votes are so one sided. People really have their homer hats on too tight lol. People from the midwest come to the south to retire and not the other way around. I have yet to meet anyone that has left the south to move to the midwest unless they were originally from there. The south is up and coming while many midwest cities are declining. The south has way better weather overall, greener and close to the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf. I'll take the south over the midwest anyday excluding Chicago.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:31 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
I grew up in Chicago and is the only city I could live in as far as the midwest. I can't believe the votes are so one sided. People really have their homer hats on too tight lol. People from the midwest come to the south to retire and not the other way around. I have yet to meet anyone that has left the south to move to the midwest unless they were originally from there. The south is up and coming while many midwest cities are declining. The south has way better weather overall, greener and close to the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf. I'll take the south over the midwest anyday excluding Chicago.
Clearly if a poll doesn't go the way you want than the other side must just be a bunch of homers right? Your opinions aren't the end all be all you know, you also seem to be trying to force random things into your posts as "support," which doesn't really work. Btw, very open minded...

Old 10-06-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesarstl View Post
Clearly if a poll doesn't go the way you want than the other side must just be a bunch of homers right? Your opinions aren't the end all be all you know, you also seem to be trying to force random things into your posts as "support," which doesn't really work. Btw, very open minded...
Ooh cry me a river!! More people in the real world prefer the south over the midwest for various reasons.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:00 AM

1,272 posts, read 2,180,851 times
Quote:
Ooh cry me a river!! More people in the real world prefer the south over the midwest for various reasons.
I would agree with this, but you cant exclude Chicago. I know plenty of ex-Chicagoans that hate it and are never going back for various reasons, some even prefer other Midwestern cities to Chicago. Doesn't mean ever person that loves Chicago is a homer though.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:31 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,448,265 times
Default Mid-Atlantic

Mid-Atlantic provides a nice compromise between both worlds.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:33 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:
Lol "cry me a river"?
You were just crying that the south is losing this poll..

Old 10-06-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Lol "cry me a river"?
You were just crying that the south is losing this poll..
No I'm just telling the truth to you delusional people in the midwest. The midwest is the least desirable region in the country and often times refered to as fly-over country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City