Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Region would you prefer to live in?
Midwest 249 60.44%
Down South 163 39.56%
Voters: 412. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 07:33 AM

1,333 posts, read 3,224,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Better universitys ..You only have 1 on the list Atlanta has 2
National University Rankings | Top National Universities | US News Best Colleges
Both Wash U and SLU are on that list, That's two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 08:31 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I've never visited New Orleans so I can't comment. Explore St. Louis Compare away.
A website just doesn't do a city justice.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:07 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,909,481 times
Quote:
SLU is behind Ga Tech

Washington is above Emory and Tech is above SLU so I don't know St Louis is better do realize how many educational institutions are in Atlanta ..

Not only does Atlanta have great institutions we also have a very well educated populace

Atlanta alone added more than 300,000 residents with bachelor’s degrees over the past decade,* how many did ST Louis add?

Last edited by Staysean23; 10-09-2013 at 01:43 PM..

Old 10-09-2013, 01:25 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
Quote:
Emory University is close behind Wash U in the rankings while SLU is far behind Ga Tech in the rankings. Also University of Georgia which is only 70 miles East of Atlanta is well ahead of SLU in the rankings. I can't see how you can say Saint Louis has better Universities than Atlanta.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:38 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,041,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
I grew up in Chicago and is the only city I could live in as far as the midwest. I can't believe the votes are so one sided. People really have their homer hats on too tight lol. People from the midwest come to the south to retire and not the other way around. I have yet to meet anyone that has left the south to move to the midwest unless they were originally from there. The south is up and coming while many midwest cities are declining. The south has way better weather overall, greener and close to the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf. I'll take the south over the midwest anyday excluding Chicago.
trans: old farts driving recklessly to the Olive Garden

Old 10-09-2013, 02:46 PM

1,333 posts, read 3,224,618 times
Quote:
SLU is behind Ga Tech

Washington is above Emory and Tech is above SLU so I don't know St Louis is better do realize how many educational institutions are in Atlanta ..

Not only does Atlanta have great institutions we also have a very well educated populace

Atlanta alone added more than 300,000 residents with bachelor’s degrees over the past decade,* how many did ST Louis add?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Emory University is close behind Wash U in the rankings while SLU is far behind Ga Tech in the rankings. Also University of Georgia which is only 70 miles East of Atlanta is well ahead of SLU in the rankings. I can't see how you can say Saint Louis has better Universities than Atlanta.
I was referring to quantity as well as quality.

St. Louis has more Colleges and Universities in the city and metro area than Atlanta. Even more if you were to count metro east in Illinois.

St. Louis has more Colleges/universities than Atlanta but, Atlanta is double the population as far as metros go. Missouri as a whole also has more than Georgia as a whole but, with 4 million less people.

The point is, while the South has some great schools, the Midwest will offer more educational opportunities than the South. This thread is about regions, I was merely making a point on a smaller scale. Atlanta is supposed to be the South's golden city, shouldn't it have more schools than St. Louis, Mo?

Old 10-09-2013, 05:51 PM

23,450 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
I was referring to quantity as well as quality.

St. Louis has more Colleges and Universities in the city and metro area than Atlanta. Even more if you were to count metro east in Illinois.

St. Louis has more Colleges/universities than Atlanta but, Atlanta is double the population as far as metros go. Missouri as a whole also has more than Georgia as a whole but, with 4 million less people.

The point is, while the South has some great schools, the Midwest will offer more educational opportunities than the South. This thread is about regions, I was merely making a point on a smaller scale. Atlanta is supposed to be the South's golden city, shouldn't it have more schools than St. Louis, Mo?
More schools. ..how did you quantify this?

Old 10-09-2013, 06:01 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,051,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUMRE75 View Post
No I'm just telling the truth to you delusional people in the midwest. The midwest is the least desirable region in the country and often times refered to as fly-over country.
Since you're into assumptions and generalizations, can I go ahead and assume that your terrible, self-righteous attitude is common for Southerners?

Old 10-09-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
The Midwest is racist. Not the same racism you experience in the South, but it still serves a "healthy" dose of institutional racism when it wants to.
Racism exists in every single place. Every city, county, state and region has plenty of it. It comes in different forms and levels, but it exists. This is a pointless argument to make about any region. It's not better anywhere.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Better universitys ..You only have 1 on the list Atlanta has 2
National University Rankings | Top National Universities | US News Best Colleges
Can anyone else spot the irony?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City