Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City Do You Prefer?
San Francisco. 264 55.81%
Philadelphia. 158 33.40%
Too close to call. 38 8.03%
I don't like either city. 13 2.75%
Voters: 473. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 07:08 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,518,195 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Philadelphia Morning, the calm of the morning then the city wakes up to the busy life

Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 PM

Here's a 2010 PDF document with statistics for Center City Philadelphia>>>>>
http://www.centercityphila.org/docs/SOCC2010FULL.pdf (broken link)

Old 07-21-2010, 06:11 AM

614 posts, read 1,764,121 times
Finally 2 cities that are actually in the same ballpark. I just got on this forum and its great but im sick of seeing like, Des Moines Vs. Houston. Etc. I vote philly tho.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:00 AM

389 posts, read 1,095,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsin View Post
I vote SF. Philadelphian's have consistently been voted amongst the fattest, laziest, stupidest, rudest and ugliest people in the country by various magazines. To be fair while not everyone fits into one of these negative categories, the people here are pretty crummy. People throw their trash all over the place, honk their car horns in the rudest manner and are generally pretty inconsiderate. I love all the things to do, the culture and the access to ethnic foods and markets, but the weather and people leave a lot to be desired.
Oh, so you live in Philly? I want to see a picture of your lazy, fat, stupid, rude, ugly azz. You show me yours and I'll show you mine.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I vote SF. Philadelphian's have consistently been voted amongst the fattest, laziest, stupidest, rudest and ugliest people in the country by various magazines. To be fair while not everyone fits into one of these negative categories, the people here are pretty crummy. People throw their trash all over the place, honk their car horns in the rudest manner and are generally pretty inconsiderate. I love all the things to do, the culture and the access to ethnic foods and markets, but the weather and people leave a lot to be desired.
Another intellectually challenged post and quite immature at that. .

Old 08-04-2010, 03:45 PM

7 posts, read 9,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Don't you want to move, you have many many negative posts on the Philly board as well

Philly is not utopia, but not as bad as you elude

I dont have many, many negative posts, creeper, I have a total of 5 posts (this will be 6).

Whether or not you agree, I have the right to voice my opinion. Yes, I do want to move, what's it to you? If you dont like or agree with what I write, move on. This is a discussion board for people to share their experiences (good and bad) with others who want to know about different communities. Everyone's posts are based on personal experience and no two people will have the same experience.

Just because you love Philly doesn't mean you get to tell me I'm wrong. So suck it!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 PM

7 posts, read 9,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Another intellectually challenged post and quite immature at that. .

How is it intellectually challenged and immature? Dont shoot the messenger. A quick Google search will tell confirm that there are a few magazines that compiled this information, its not me making a personal decision.

Sorry if you're offended but it's not my fault. It would seem to me the intellectually challenged/immature behavior would be to insult someone for something without checking the facts first. Typical Philly!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:53 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
I dont have many, many negative posts, creeper, I have a total of 5 posts (this will be 6).

Whether or not you agree, I have the right to voice my opinion. Yes, I do want to move, what's it to you? If you dont like or agree with what I write, move on. This is a discussion board for people to share their experiences (good and bad) with others who want to know about different communities. Everyone's posts are based on personal experience and no two people will have the same experience.

Just because you love Philly doesn't mean you get to tell me I'm wrong. So suck it!

well you most certainly have a good attitude, and as you say I am equally afforded the right to voice my opinion

And it's nothing to me outside of one less negative person, the city has enough so that is a step in the right direction...

Old 08-04-2010, 08:30 PM

224 posts, read 604,802 times
Sf is all about new money, rich kids bringing in millions and billions, Philly just breathes old school class. Feels like a city that has and will stand the test of time. Both cities offer different strokes for different folks.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear View Post
Sf is all about new money, rich kids bringing in millions and billions, Philly just breathes old school class. Feels like a city that has and will stand the test of time. Both cities offer different strokes for different folks.
Both are great cities in their own right; but each certainly has a different attitude about them with some posters. .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City