Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 08:19 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Are you surprised? If someone argues Houston isn't in one of the top spots for anything, here the Texans come to spoil the thread.
Yet it was someone from TEXAS who was defending your opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
I could see it as #10, philly and sf were both behind houston though, Philadelphia is not even ON the list. that is why everybody is throwing the list in the e-paper shredder of another stupid forbes list.
Haven't you noticed when ever there is a list and cities like ATL HOU or DAL make the list, someone from up north(specifically NYC) try to argue why it shouldn't be on that same list? That's what's annoying. No one EVER argues against NYC. ALL of us Southerners agree that NYC is THE SUPREME city. It's them who are the ones that are offended at the mention of OTHER cities from the south.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:28 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
The most laughable thing that has been posted in this thread was St Lous, Austin, and San Antonio had more culture than Houston.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:36 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Yet it was someone from TEXAS who was defending your opinions.
AMEN

The North is nothing special. Its old and rusty and the name stands for itself the Rust belt. They talk so much smack as if there cities are superior. The main cities from up North that talk all that crap are big dumps, smelly, contaminated, and decaying cities.

New York Rats

YouTube - New York Rats

Old 09-07-2009, 08:39 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
I think we are getting clearer now..

sorry kdogg, you are making people look bad.

everybody else... getting better.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:41 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:

You've already ruined your credibility once you started actually talking about the arts in Houston.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:41 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Are you surprised? If someone argues Houston isn't in one of the top spots for anything, here the Texans come to spoil the thread.
1. That's not what's happening. It was a list someone posted. Not surprisingly, someone took an issue with Texas cities being anywhere on the list. Because we can't have that, now can we...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Exactly.
NYC was ranked #1. Houston was ranked #8. Why is that not good enough for all you NYC pushers? It's like you won't be happy unless Houston is ranked dead last in anything.
That's a more accurate description of what's happening here.
But it's not all of them... just the same few almost every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Houston is no slouch of a city. Houston is a city to be reckond with and have my respect.
Thank you.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:59 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:

lol no comment

Old 09-07-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:

Thanx man. You're one of the more civilized C-D posters.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You've already ruined your credibility once you started actually talking about the arts in Houston.
I was never talking about the arts ... I was asking you, Houston native, what contributions it has in comparison and trying to get across magnitude of other cities. I know what is there, and what is not there... and I already knew it wasn't ranked or had high ranking galleries in comparison.

The main point was you could probably make a top 50 list of the actual institutions (not cities) and every spot would be taken up by nyc, maybe dc like 4-5 times, chicago once or twice, sf once or twice, philly once or twice before we get to the prestige of what is in Houston. Houston would probably rank high with some other things though. Certainly in capacity or amount of museum galleries.

We are arguing two different things anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
lol no comment
why not you just posted a video about urban rats and said nyc is part of rust belt?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City