Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which accent do you like better? North or Southern accent?
Northen Accent 229 49.67%
Southern Accent 232 50.33%
Voters: 461. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,615,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
I find it hilarious that you assume that I was somewhere else in the south. To be honest, there really isnt anywhere else in the south I like to visit except MIA, N.O., or Texas. And I was up north by the way, the last time that happened I was in Club Fluid in Philadelphia and this chick heard me talking to my cousins and just became enamored with my accent, she said I talked and looked like a tall TI (which I dont). Long story short we exchanged numbers and the day before I left we "did the do" so to speak.. And that wasn't an isolated incident, when I lived in DC I used to have girls say my accent was sexy all the time.

Hey man I'm from Marietta and I use to be stationed in VA and I would agree with you that people like the accent. I find it interesting that when I went to the malls up there....girls would constantly ask me where I was and when I told them GA....they liked it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 02:48 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I hear it all the time. People love Northeast accents.
Sure they do...but those "people" are other Northeasterners.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
I do not think this is true. The NY accent is the sexiest. Even 50 cent on a song says "they like my accent cuz im from NY, something like that."
I disagree......I think GA accent is the sexiest....

Old 10-07-2009, 02:51 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Sure they do...but those "people" are other Northeasterners.
Not true, when I lived in California and Florida they loved it. They said I sounded like Christopher Moltesanti.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:54 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Not true, when I lived in California and Florida they loved it. They said I sounded like Christopher Moltesanti.
That's a compliment? I wouldn't take it as one...

Old 10-07-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
That's a compliment? I wouldn't take it as one...

LOL....Look who you're talking to!!!

Old 10-07-2009, 02:56 PM

815 posts, read 2,136,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
Hey man I'm from Marietta and I use to be stationed in VA and I would agree with you that people like the accent. I find it interesting that when I went to the malls up there....girls would constantly ask me where I was and when I told them GA....they liked it!

You already know, in regards to my accent and females saying they like it when I am out of town, its not a matter of if, its a matter of when.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:59 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
I disagree......I think GA accent is the sexiest....
Everybody have their opinions but I have never heard of people saying that the GA accent is sexy. I always hear that the NY accent is sexy.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 PM

815 posts, read 2,136,421 times
Quote:
Everybody have their opinions but I have never heard of people saying that the GA accent is sexy. I always hear that the NY accent is sexy.

Wow, my cousin from Philly says she gets "moist" in her feminine areas everytime she hears TI or Gucci Mane talk. Never heard a girl say that when about hearing Jay-Z or 50 Cent talk

Old 10-07-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:

That's true because the women in NY sound aggressive and manly. Also, I never heard anyone say the NY accent sounds sexy but I hear it alot about my accent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City