Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: where would you prefer to live?
Colorado 50 84.75%
Utah 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 01:21 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,104 times

Advertisements

I have spent an enormous amount of time in places like the Canyon Lands, Zion, Moab , St. George/Hurricane, and Park City Utah..But Colorado has Aspen, Beaver Creek,Boulder,Breckenridge,Crested Butte,Denver,Fort Collins,Keystone,Steamboat Springs,Telluride,Vail,Winter Park and many more...Colorado is the epitome of World Class Resorts and a mixture of outdoor trend setting lifestyle hip.. Denver is by far the most progressive and cosmopolitan city in the region ...adding many big city options not really offered between LA and Chicago.. Utah is absolutely gorgeous, but Colorado is plain and simple the MECCA of the Mountain States.Hands Down.. The big downside to Utah is that it lacks an even remotely comparative cultural,dining,shopping, and music scene to Colorado. one of the things Utah has over Colorado is the advantage of more undeveloped open space, less congestion..It's also much cheaper to live there.I certainly love the feel and spirit of Utah ,and have no disrespect for the state..There are though serious reasons why Colorado is so ahead in this poll; obviously a few of you have traveled here to Colorado and know what's up.

Last edited by Scott5280; 09-17-2009 at 01:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 06:26 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,101,841 times
Colorado is a great state to live in & Utah is a great state to visit.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:09 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,897,704 times
Utah has a strange, weird energy, and vibe. People are not as friendly as some like to think they are and my experience with SLC is that a lot of citizens have glazed over faces and don't look you in the eyes when you pass them by. Driving in Utah, you are more likely to get the finger than a smile. They are engrained to believe that they are superior to other states and that God blesses Utah. Several friends of mine who have visited SLC were freaked out by the strange energy there. But, Utah has some beautiful areas moreso with the desert scenery. Colorado wins hands down with the mountain and alpine scenery.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:13 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
Utah has a strange, weird energy, and vibe. People are not as friendly as some like to think they are and my experience with SLC is that a lot of citizens have glazed over faces and don't look you in the eyes when you pass them by. Driving in Utah, you are more likely to get the finger than a smile. They are engrained to believe that they are superior to other states and that God blesses Utah. Several friends of mine who have visited SLC were freaked out by the strange energy there. But, Utah has some beautiful areas moreso with the desert scenery. Colorado wins hands down with the mountain and alpine scenery.
Oh brother.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:18 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,897,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Oh brother.
If you are familier with the LDS faith and are familier with Utah and Utahn's then you might understand where I am coming from.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:05 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
If you are familier with the LDS faith and are familier with Utah and Utahn's then you might understand where I am coming from.
I'm a 3rd Generation Mormon and have never heard from the pulpit or read from any church literature that we are superior or that Utah is blessed by God above any other place.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:15 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,616,925 times
Colorado

Old 09-17-2009, 12:37 PM

572 posts, read 1,995,134 times
Colorado is nice. nice towns, well appointed, moneyed, nice scenery.
Utah is more rugged, less populated, and a more varied scenery.
So I'd live in Colorado and visit Utah very often.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:32 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,024,547 times
I choose Colorado, the mountain areas are beautiful and Denver is a nice city with anything you could want.

I also hate the desert scenry of Utah.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,061,765 times
Both are great, but I'd choose Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City