Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Skyline Battle: Philadelphia Vs Pittsburgh
Philadelphia 32 54.24%
Pittsburgh 27 45.76%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 PM

4 posts, read 10,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionguy View Post
Pittsburgh's teeny tiny skyline can't be compared with Philly's. Pittsburgh has the most overrated skyline in US and is one of the most overrated cities. Don't get me wrong. Philly is also a bit overrated, but to a much smaller extent.

LOL thats funny because if i remember correctly WE have the Prettiest Skyline with the density, buildings, rivers etc. PLEASE! Philly is big yes, its the biggest city in Pa yes, its WAY overrated when it comes to Pittsburgh. if you were to connect the southside the northside AND Oakland (with the world's 2nd tallest educational structure: Cathedral of Learning) downtown Pittsburgh wouldnt be touched by ANY skyline BUT, we are blessed with the beautiful triangle we have soooooo it doesnt matter. there are 10 colleges just in Oakland alone.. as well as the best hospitals PERIOD. so you can keep Philly and its 117 miles of slum. I'll take Pittsburgh for EVERYTHING its worth, the good.... and the bad which isnt even that bad.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:12 PM

4,927 posts, read 14,210,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcityboi23 View Post
LOL thats funny because if i remember correctly WE have the Prettiest Skyline with the density, buildings, rivers etc. PLEASE! Philly is big yes, its the biggest city in Pa yes, its WAY overrated when it comes to Pittsburgh. if you were to connect the southside the northside AND Oakland (with the world's 2nd tallest educational structure: Cathedral of Learning) downtown Pittsburgh wouldnt be touched by ANY skyline BUT, we are blessed with the beautiful triangle we have soooooo it doesnt matter. there are 10 colleges just in Oakland alone.. as well as the best hospitals PERIOD. so you can keep Philly and its 117 miles of slum. I'll take Pittsburgh for EVERYTHING its worth, the good.... and the bad which isnt even that bad.
Eyes bait...... Swims away

Old 09-06-2011, 02:26 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,933,707 times
I think Pittsburgh skyline has more character and looks more naturally beautiful.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:31 PM

7 posts, read 18,850 times
Default Philly Skyline

file:///C:/Users/Cherie/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png (broken link)file:///C:/Users/Cherie/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png (broken link)http://picturephilly.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/philadelphia-skyline-from-south-street-bridge2.jpg

Philly, The Best!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fashionguy View Post
Pittsburgh's teeny tiny skyline can't be compared with Philly's. Pittsburgh has the most overrated skyline in US and is one of the most overrated cities. Don't get me wrong. Philly is also a bit overrated, but to a much smaller extent.

I agree Pittsburgh has the most overrated skyline .

There is nothing thats interesting in that skyline.

Philadelphia has the better skyline.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:25 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,732,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
I agree Pittsburgh has the most overrated skyline.

There is nothing thats interesting in that skyline.
You're right. The fact that the U.S. Steel Tower has the largest roof in the world of any building its height or taller isn't interesting at all, and neither is the fact that there's a movement to build a park on top of it either. Then there's PPG Place, a building that's so uninteresting that a church in South Korea wasn't inspired by it at all. And every city in the United States has a skyscraper with a light on top that blinks the city's name in Morse code. Nope, nothing interesting about Pittsburgh's skyline at all.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:01 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Pittsburgh's mix of new & old architecture, building density, beautiful bridges, majestic rivers, and lush, green hills are all part of a skyline that blows Philadelphia away. Philly has more buildings, yes. Bigger buildings, yes......but it takes more than numbers and size to make a skyline truly spectacular. You can put Philly's skyline next to about a dozen others and barely tell the difference, but there is no skyline like Pittsburgh's. It's a massively underrated, wonderfully unique American treasure. Pittsburgh all the way!

Old 05-02-2012, 09:44 AM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,706,945 times
Philly bigger. Pittsburgh better. More interesting views from low and high elevations, more unique angles and points of perspective, and more character.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
Philly bigger. Pittsburgh better. More interesting views from low and high elevations, more unique angles and points of perspective, and more character.

Personally all makes sense but character. especially walking around in Philly there are a done of buildings with tremendous charcater.

I really like both though for different reasons

Old 05-02-2012, 10:00 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,895,654 times

philadelphia skyline | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Philadelphia Skyline | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Philly Skyline | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Skyline | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Broad Street | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City