Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is better?
Downtown Atlanta 208 64.40%
Uptown Charlotte 115 35.60%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 04:06 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,819,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
So go ahead and create these threads then; what's stopping you? I wanted to create a poll comparing downtown Atlanta and uptown Charlotte and I did. You want to compare midtown with Charlotte or Mobile with Charlotte, then do like I did and create the thread and poll. It's as simple as that.
Don't get me wrong I know what you were trying to do.I understand why,Thats why I stated what I did at the top.I was just saying to people who do not know any better and are only seeing the 2 cities from these pics is that it is easy to think they are similar which in my honest opinion,they are not even close.I know it sounded like I was putting what you did down as if it was intentionally misleading what you posted.That was definitely NOT what I was trying to convey.I know you to always be fair minded no matter what are the subjects are.Sorry if I came across as attacking you.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:01 PM

652 posts, read 1,425,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Don't get me wrong I know what you were trying to do.I understand why,Thats why I stated what I did at the top.I was just saying to people who do not know any better and are only seeing the 2 cities from these pics is that it is easy to think they are similar which in my honest opinion,they are not even close.I know it sounded like I was putting what you did down as if it was intentionally misleading what you posted.That was definitely NOT what I was trying to convey.I know you to always be fair minded no matter what are the subjects are.Sorry if I came across as attacking you.
I agree with this. Most of the Atlanta people understand what Akhenaton06 was getting at with this thread.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:03 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,253,308 times
Quote:
The comparison is Uptown Charlotte vs. Downtown Atlanta. It's not comparing skylines; just a certain part of the cities.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
The comparison is Uptown Charlotte vs. Downtown Atlanta. It's not comparing skylines; just a certain part of the cities.
I know,that is why I stated what I stated prior to that post with the pic of Charlotte vs Mobile.Anyway , you are on INSTANT DELETE with that Texas is King ,B.S.Oh well that IS the TEXAS WAY!!(to B.S.)

Old 09-30-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I know,that is why I stated what I stated prior to that post with the pic of Charlotte vs Mobile.Anyway , you are on INSTANT DELETE with that Texas is King ,B.S.Oh well that IS the TEXAS WAY!!
I was being sarcastic, but thanks for finally realizing the truth.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
I was being sarcastic, but thanks for finally realizing the truth.
Well I should hope you were.We don't wanna have to come withe ATL POSSE and B**** SLAP YOU!!LOL

Old 09-30-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Well I should hope you were.We don't wanna have to come withe ATL POSSE and B**** SLAP YOU!!LOL
You must haven't heard about how crazy us people from Waco is!

You bring your posse.....I bring my cult.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:17 PM

2,860 posts, read 4,631,477 times
Quote:

O wow!!! This needs to stop...

Old 09-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:

Yeh,you're right ..ok ...You win...

Old 09-30-2009, 05:45 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,256,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
How did Birmingham let Atlanta take all the glory in the Southeast? The state of Alabama and the city of Birmingham where at the forefront of the Civil Rights Movements. Yet Atlanta seem to have left Birmingham in the dust. Birmingham still look like it did in the 60's.
Basically, while Bull Connor in Birmingham was shooting water from hoses at full blast and siccing attack dogs on those Civil Rights protestors, Atlanta was taking a more moderate approach, proclaiming itself as "The City Too Busy To Hate," and when people and started moving down south in the 70s and 80s, Atlanta was considrered to be the more favorable of the two.

Atlanta had the same issues as Birmingham, but had better PR.

Also, years ago, when Birmingham had a chance to expand their airport and make it a hub, they didn't, so Atlanta jumped at the chance. And he rest is history. I think Atlanta and Birmingham were about the same size until the 1950's.

I wouldn't say the city is "stuck in the 60s," but parts of it have seen better days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City