Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you think is better?
Downtown Atlanta 208 64.40%
Uptown Charlotte 115 35.60%
Voters: 323. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 04:21 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times

Advertisements

There is a clear concensus on where BOA is located - it's Downtown. Sorry, but that's the reality. I won't try to tell you what district some Charlotte building is located in if you won't try to tell me what district some Atlanta building is in. Man, this site is crawling with Atlanta experts!

Old 10-01-2009, 04:28 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,874,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
There is a clear concensus on where BOA is located - it's Downtown. Sorry, but that's the reality. I won't try to tell you what district some Charlotte building is located in if you won't try to tell me what district some Atlanta building is in. Man, this site is crawling with Atlanta experts!
Well, it's pretty easy here in Charlotte: if it's included within the I-277 loop, than it's Uptown. And I'm not telling you what district BOA Plaza is in; I'm only showing you that some people in your city (not people in Charlotte)--not some fringe, unofficial sources, but reputable sources for factual information--say it's in one district, and some say it's in another. I was crystal clear in saying that.

From what I've seen and read, either there is no clear consensus about which district the tower is located in or many, many people--people considered to be sources of factual information--in Atlanta are confused about their own city. Like I said, I didn't make the stuff up; I just posted what I saw. That's not my fault, and it's a bit childish and disingenuous of you to imply such. I really thought you would have been above that. If the sources I posted are mistaken, then you could just say that. But I'm not pulling stuff out of thin air here. These are sources from YOUR city. The problem doesn't lie with me dude.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:34 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,753,359 times
Quote:
BofA Plaza is in "Midtown" Atlanta. Its on the fringes, but that's definitly Midtown. Everything in that area is considered part of Midtown, The Fox, The Varisty. That's definitly Midtown.

Old 10-01-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
BofA Plaza is in "Midtown" Atlanta. Its on the fringes, but that's definitly Midtown. Everything in that area is considered part of Midtown, The Fox, The Varisty. That's definitly Midtown.
Get ready for the venom, dude. I only showed him some well-known, reputable sources for factual information that come from his own city which say it's in Midtown (I was never making that claim myself) and he was ready to reach through the monitor and rip my head off. You're actually TELLING him it's in Midtown, so I can only imagine what he has in store for you, ROFL!

Old 10-01-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Get ready for the venom, dude. I only showed him some well-known, reputable sources for factual information that come from his own city which say it's in Midtown (I was never making that claim myself) and he was ready to reach through the monitor and rip my head off. You're actually TELLING him it's in Midtown, so I can only imagine what he has in store for you, ROFL!
I used to live in Atlanta. Lived there for just over two years, and I've been there a million times. That's always been Midtown. You can walk to the Fox from that building. Hell, just pick up the phone and call those businesses in that area and ask them where they're located. They'll tell you. In fact, start the conversation by saying, "Now, you're in downtown Atlanta right, or Midtown...", and see what they say, LMAO!!!

Old 10-01-2009, 05:00 PM

BOA Plaza is part of Downtown...North Avenue is the boundary between Midtown and Downtown. You obviously didn't live here long enough to learn that.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
You showed us a bunch "reputable" internet sites...how did you determine their reputation?

Nothing in store for anyone but the truth...and stop talking about me like I'm not here, please. It's insulting.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:07 PM

Quote:
BOA Plaza is part of Downtown...North Avenue is the boundary between Midtown and Downtown. You obviously didn't live here long enough to learn that.
No, no, no. So you're saying everything on Piedmont Ave. from Ralph McGill to North Avenue is downtown????? If you think of it like that, I think you'll realize that building sits in Midtown.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
You showed us a bunch "reputable" internet sites...how did you determine their reputation?
The AJC, the Atlanta Business Chronicle, the Midtown Alliance, and Bentley Forbes, the commercial real estate firm that actually OWNS this building--are you trying to say these are not reputable sources? And you could only muster up information from frickin' WIKIPEDIA of all places, where information changes daily, and you're questioning MY sources? Dude, please--I implore you--stop. I mean seriously. It was cute at first, but now you're just starting to look bad.

Old 10-01-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
I'm starting to look bad to who...you and your boyfriend? Please.

BOA Plaza is part of Downtown...North Avenue is the boundary between Midtown and Downtown.
Again I ask. Are you saying everything on Piedmont Ave. from Ralph McGill to North Avenue is Downtown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City