Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If given the opportunity, I would prefer to move to...
North Carolina 47 42.34%
Florida 47 42.34%
Neither 17 15.32%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:18 AM

23,450 posts, read 44,061,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design&Build View Post
I pick NC. Florida is like living in a tropical version of NJ. If I wanted to live in NJ, I'd just move to NJ.
Don't think for a minute that NC isn't going through its' own "Jerseyfication."
My sister's suburban Charlotte neighborhood is chock full of former NJ residents. My niece, also in Charlotte, is married to a Jersey Boy (and he is adorable...does your state proud, Jerseyites).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 07:38 AM

155 posts, read 158,514 times
^^^ Charlotte is like mini-NYC now. I definitely agree. That whole CLT area has changed a lot and I hear the driving and the friendliness is definitely a thing of the past compared to what it used to be like. But I didnt live in CLT, and I wouldnt move there from FL or I'd just see the same stuff I'm trying to escape.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:46 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,300,881 times
^^Yeah, I live in Charlotte now and I have been here since '97. The friedliness is gone and all the transplants have messed up the driving conditions down here. Must be those Jersey folks. LOL! Just messing.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:37 AM

155 posts, read 158,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
^^Yeah, I live in Charlotte now and I have been here since '97. The friedliness is gone and all the transplants have messed up the driving conditions down here. Must be those Jersey folks. LOL! Just messing.
No you're not.

Hey, they dont call it mini-NYC for nothing. Man has it changed though.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:14 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,468,650 times
I like both of them but I chose Florida

The people saying Florida is like NJ are forgetting there's more to Florida than just South Florida. Northern Florida is very southern.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:50 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,150,335 times
I picked both because I live in both. But, if push came to shove, I'd probably pick Raleigh over Miami, thus NC over FL. I wouldn't live anywhere else in Florida but there a few places in NC that I'd consider if Raleigh weren't an option.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:12 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,914 times
Quote:
^^^ Charlotte is like mini-NYC now. I definitely agree. That whole CLT area has changed a lot and I hear the driving and the friendliness is definitely a thing of the past compared to what it used to be like. But I didnt live in CLT, and I wouldnt move there from FL or I'd just see the same stuff I'm trying to escape.
ahahaha! that made me chuckle! Charlotte gets a few skyscrapers and a light rail line and all of a sudden they are a mini Manhattan! Sounds like the Atlanta syndrome! They think they are the New York of the South also!

Sorry but for me it's either Florida and it's densely populated areas or I might as well move back to the northeast.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:17 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times
Quote:
try cary.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:18 AM

1,782 posts, read 3,940,554 times
Florida by far for me.

I have no reason to leave, and North Carolina does not have much have an appeal to me. Too liberal of a state, attracting too many East Coast transplants.

The East Coast transplants are leaving Florida, and the areas settled by them tend to be the areas with the road rage, rudeness and unfriendliness.... It is much more pleasant to drive in the Midwestern transplant areas like Fort Myers or the true Southern areas like Tallahassee than it is to drive in East Coast transplant areas like Broward and Palm Beach.

Old 10-08-2009, 03:42 AM

7,074 posts, read 12,342,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
try cary.
You mean the "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees"!!! Google this phrase and watch what comes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City