Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 03:17 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,249,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
aerial shots don't really do atlanta any justice when it comes to its trees. even dallas looks like that from the sky

you should post some street level photos so people can see the density and height of its green backdrop

Atlanta - Google Maps

Atlanta - Google Maps

Atlanta - Google Maps

Atlanta - Google Maps

Isn't this "Jesus Junction" on Peachtree? I recognize that church from the wedding scene in "Madea's Family Reunion"

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.027595&z=15

I'm here all night folks!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
^^^^^^

Wasn't Uptown Park in Cedar Hill a shot in the retail arm down in the Best Southwest area?

Here's a not-so-flattering write up about Red Bird Mall/Southwest Center:

Southwest Center Mall (Formerly Red Bird Mall); Dallas, Texas | Labelscar: The Retail History Blog

Also, doesn't Parks at Arlington get a lot of Southside traffic as well. It's not that far from those suburbs.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:22 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
i said pictures fool! lol no just kidding but my browser wont let me see google maps

Old 01-12-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i said pictures fool! lol no just kidding but my browser wont let me see google maps
See if you can see this:

Recession 09: Atlanta - SkyscraperPage Forum

SkyscraperPage Forum - View Single Post - 20 Minute Drive Through Atlanta

Atlanta: Photo of the Day - SkyscraperPage Forum

Old 01-12-2010, 03:27 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,762,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Wasn't Uptown Park in Cedar Hill a shot in the retail arm down in the Best Southwest area?

Southwest Center Mall (Formerly Red Bird Mall); Dallas, Texas | Labelscar: The Retail History Blog

Also, doesn't Parks at Arlington get a lot of Southside traffic as well. It's not that far from those suburbs.
Everyone in Dallas know that Red Bird Mall suck!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:32 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:

You mean Uptown Village? Yeah, but I haven't visited yet. I'd assume Parks get southside visitors, but I've only been like once. Usually my family who stays in Arlington and the Parkdale area of Dallas go to the malls (Galleria or Northpark) for shopping.

Red Bird Mall is what Sharpstown is to Houston lol

Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM

1,637 posts, read 4,104,736 times
Quote:
I never said the Southern suburbs of Dallas were bad; just giving a reason why people would prefer the northern suburbs. I prefer the southern region of the DFW area myself due to the hills and less crowded; however, I hate the lack of good retail within the area. This is changing though.

^^^^^^
Understood jluke65780. Let me apologize if I appeared to be combative or confrontational.

From my experiences as one of the few regular southern suburban posters on CD, out-of-state transplants in particular seem to prefer the northern suburbs over other areas, despite any advantages that those communities may have.

The retail situation is definitely improving and will probably accelerate once the economic situation picks up again. This area has the people and the incomes to support additional retail expansion.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,762,561 times
Quote:
You mean Uptown Village? Yeah, but I haven't visited yet. I'd assume Parks get southside visitors, but I've only been like once. Usually my family who stays in Arlington and the Parkdale area of Dallas go to the malls (Galleria or Northpark) for shopping.

I love Uptown Village you should go!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:41 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:

Not many people in Cedar Hill went to Arlington to shop. Or, at least I don't think they did. Too far. The Parks Mall got more people from Mansfield, Arlington (of course), and Grand Prairie. Before the Cowboys Stadium, this was Arlington's cash cow for a few years.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:44 PM

1,637 posts, read 4,104,736 times
Quote:

A lot of us gave up on Southwest Center Mall (formerly Red Bird) years ago. I remember when it and the surrounding businesses in that area were thriving, but its been on life-support for a while now. Even though its technically the nearest mall to me, I would always go to either Arlington (Parks) or Mesquite (Town East) for mall purchases. Uptown Village has been open for nearly two years now and is very nice. I prefer to shop there due to its proximity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City