Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 04:34 PM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Most of the Suburbs Ive seen in Cobb and Cherokee county are that way too.
They preserve trees here thats why you see that its a lot urban development under the trees. I think Is a good thing to keep trees thats one of the things that make Atlanta so green and beautiful.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:39 PM

965 posts, read 1,885,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
Mm, now who's flattering themselves ...your oatmeal ain't what's overcooked, playa.
I'm a woman. *curtsies*

Such passion and fire, I like that. It can be quite useful for many activities ;-)

Old 12-17-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Let's look at it like this. What does Atlanta have to attract African Americans, that Houston or Dallas doesn't?

They all have high and middle-class blacks.
They all have well-paying jobs and careers.
They all have their own black music scenes and nightlife.
They all have a variety of entertainment and dining to choose from.

Atlanta may have the ties to the Civil Rights Movement, but how many young blacks actually use that in deciding to move to Atlanta? Many younger generations do not even know anything about the Civil Rights Movement other than the basics.

Houston and Dallas proper also has mre African Americans than Atlanta proper but of course if you consider the metro area, Atlanta has double.

So my question is, What is the ultimate factor in swaying more blacks to Atlanta?

It would also be nice if we had data showing where blacks moving to each city were moving from.
Most of the Blacks are coming from Cali, NYC, Nj, Detroit, Chicago, Philly, and different parts of Florida

Old 12-17-2009, 04:56 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Dallas vs. Atlanta hockey tonight. Anyone going?

Old 12-17-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Yes I know Dallas has some area's with plenty of trees. But I wish someone would post a picture of Atlanta's tree canopy ( I lost my picture from the Westin View). The city is literally built in a forest and I'm talking the actual city not just the suburbs. I've never seen another city in America that compares in its abundance of trees.
Here is a few Pics I have here man... of atlanta and its greenery

Old 12-17-2009, 05:06 PM

Just being in Dallas and Living in Atlanta. Atlanta seems more built up too me especially in the highrise area. For Atlanta to be smaller then Dallas or Houston. Atlanta is right there with them and that says alot being that Dallas is bigger than Atlanta.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:11 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,834,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Just being in Dallas and Living in Atlanta. Atlanta seems more built up too me especially in the highrise area. For Atlanta to be smaller then Dallas or Houston. Atlanta is right there with them and that says alot being that Dallas is bigger than Atlanta.
City proper Atlanta is smaller, but all three metros are about the same. So really Atlanta isn't smaller.

When it comes to highrises, Houston is way more built up than both Dallas and Atlanta.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:12 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,774,364 times
Quote:
Whatever!

Old 12-17-2009, 05:13 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
As poster made me understand trophy glass buildings are for the lawyers and people that don't have money. Americas biggest and most sucessful corporation don't have big mega towers. Fort Worth has relatively small skyline for a city of its size. Fort Worth is controlled by 9 billionaires and all of them live modestly. Its a big difference in perception and reality. Don't let big skyscrapers fool you.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
City proper Atlanta is smaller, but all three metros are about the same. So really Atlanta isn't smaller.

When it comes to highrises, Houston is way more built up than both Dallas and Atlanta.

I know that Houston is built up more thats why I said Dallas since Dallas has the bigger Metro
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City