Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 04:24 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,489,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Just look up bulldawgs posting history. Bgncatl's post will make more sense then...
A lot of posts about Huntsville, and things like "I think Atlanta's boom will come to an end", "Why is everybody moving to Atlanta", etc.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:05 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,874,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I don't hate Atlanta. I just hate the way it talks about how good of a city it is and successful one will be if one moves here.

Well every city should talk itself up; that's called good marketing and it has its benefits. But Atlanta has much to back all of that up as well.

Quote:
It's just a regular city!
What in the world is "a regular city"?

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta didn't get 100,000+ people this year. Atlanta's economy isn't as stable as DFW.
It may not, but DFW and other large cities like Houston probably won't be too far behind. You had nothing to say about those growth rates I posted earlier.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:06 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,786,979 times
LOL at you guys! I don't care how you guys try to say how much I hate Atlanta, and how much I hate to see it do good. Y'all don't know! People need to see that there are other areas that are better than Atlanta or on Atlanta's scale. DFW and Houston are on Atlanta's scale and/or better. I feel like these metros get underrated due to Atlanta's overration. It's kind of crazy that some Americans had to see what Atlanta really is during the recession: a city with an instable economy!

Old 12-19-2009, 05:07 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,874,493 times
Quote:
LOL at you guys!
No, "LOL smiley face" at you. You sound like a bitter teeny bopper.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:09 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,954,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Actually what people don't understand is that Dallas's suburbs are large in size. they are larger in size than Houston or Atlanta's suburbs. Either way you put it; Dallas is still the major city in the area. This argument is hardly ever used against SF which shares its metro area with San Jose.
So true, people would bat this argument to death, but I never here the same argument for SF.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:14 PM

649 posts, read 1,424,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post

Nobody denied that Atlanta can't compete with anyone else (at least I didn't see anyone do it). Nobody said that Atlanta has anything to do with success.

I think his point was similar to asking "what does Atlanta do that no other city it size does for them to have to constantly broadcast how great it is?"
My post was directed at the OP mainly because of other things he has said about Atlanta in other threads.

Last edited by bgNCATL; 12-19-2009 at 05:22 PM..

Old 12-19-2009, 05:22 PM

649 posts, read 1,424,343 times
Quote:
LOL at you guys! I don't care how you guys try to say how much I hate Atlanta, and how much I hate to see it do good. Y'all don't know! People need to see that there are other areas that are better than Atlanta or on Atlanta's scale. DFW and Houston are on Atlanta's scale and/or better. I feel like these metros get underrated due to Atlanta's overration. It's kind of crazy that some Americans had to see what Atlanta really is during the recession: a city with an instable economy!
I have said that Dallas, Houston and Atlanta are on the same scale numerous times. If Dallas and Houston are underrated, it has nothing to do with Atlanta. If you feel that these cities are similar, then why do you put down Atlanta so much and praise the others? If you are bored in Atlanta, wouldn't you be bored in Houston and Dallas as well? You did mention in another thread that you were bored in ATL right?

Old 12-19-2009, 05:33 PM

316 posts, read 655,083 times
Actually people if you do some research, you will find that Americas best stable economies are in smaller major cities... Do plenty of research and you will find that towns such as El Paso Tx, Augusta GA, Columbia SC, San Antonio Tx, and plenty other cities that dont receive the recognition that we get are coming on up. You never know what these cities might become one day.... I read an article and I have to find the link, but anyways San Antonio, El Paso, and Houston are looking good during the unstable economy... And I was surprised to see Augusta GA on that list... If you look on these cities pages on this website they are steady building up...

I have to agree that Dallas/ Forth Worth is better off right now as far as with the economy, but Atlanta does have better colleges as mentioned earlier through someone else, but basically I feel that any city can be damaged with too much growth... I now this might sound silly to some of you people, but thats the problem with Atlanta now, too many people flooded to the city because people thought that they could start there own business along with good night life... I have been to Dallas plenty of times and I will be coming there tomorrow from Atlanta.... Could Dallas end up being another Atlanta because of the fast rate of growth.. I now people may disagree with me but say if I lived in another state besides Georgia, I would probably move to Augusta or Savannah and if I were headed for Texas, I think I would head for El Paso, or San Antonio.... because when it gets tough to finds jobs you are better off in a smaller major city with less people competing for that particular position or title that you aiming for!

Old 12-19-2009, 06:40 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,844,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
I have said that Dallas, Houston and Atlanta are on the same scale numerous times. If Dallas and Houston are underrated, it has nothing to do with Atlanta. If you feel that these cities are similar, then why do you put down Atlanta so much and praise the others? If you are bored in Atlanta, wouldn't you be bored in Houston and Dallas as well? You did mention in another thread that you were bored in ATL right?
Genearlly speaking the poster is speaking of how the black community perceive Atlanta. Atlanta is viewed very differently from the rest of the nation. The majority of Atl hype comes from the black community.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:53 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,307,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Genearlly speaking the poster is speaking of how the black community perceive Atlanta. Atlanta is viewed very differently from the rest of the nation. The majority of Atl hype comes from the black community.
Outside of the black community the common word on the street about Atlanta across the country is that its "ghetto" and the only culture is "hip hop culture" which certainly isnt totally true. that is a main focus in the media regarding the Atlanta area unfortunately and this causes outsiders to believe it since thats what they see and hear. You dont hear such negative things when you mention DFW to people across the U.S., I believe they are more likely to say something nice regarding the Metroplex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City