Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 12:02 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
As usual, you spout off with a lot of hot air and no substance. At least you're consistent...
Substance was no longer need; especially when you all danced around the point that was made over and over again.

Anyways, I picked Dallas, but I've always wanted to visit Atlanta.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:04 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Personally, I think that Dallas will attract more blacks in the future. More blacks will migrate to various places in the south besides Atlanta. Dallas could certainly be a magnet to a smaller and mid degree to Atlanta.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:34 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
That's nice, but I said the media surrounding Atlanta. I never said Atlanta put out the image that it was a black mecca.
Honey what media????? Name the media besides BET and Bravo.. And they don't promote anything either.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Personally, I think that Dallas will attract more blacks in the future. More blacks will migrate to various places in the south besides Atlanta. Dallas could certainly be a magnet to a smaller and mid degree to Atlanta.
SHUT UP!!!! You are doing nothing but keepping up mess.A&M

Old 01-16-2010, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Honey what media????? Name the media besides BET and Bravo.. And they don't promote anything either.
ummm

Old 01-16-2010, 09:51 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,779,367 times
Is there going to a shopping resort built in DFW?!

Old 01-16-2010, 09:51 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
If it was discussed it was probably 150 pages ago. Plus, the discussion has been just a back and forth "Atlanta doesn't claim to be a promise land", "the media doesn't hype up Atlanta" vs. "blacks are influence by what they see of ATL on T.V." "it's a general perception".

I was looking for a simple answer, that's all. These questions haven't really been discussed, we've just argued around them.
Hey, I just flat out asked how people felt about it without trying to prove a point and/or throwing in my opinion , but it seems like people can't even answer a question and move on. That's why nothing can be agreed on here, everyone wants to make their point and that be the end, without looking at both sides.
Check out this post and this post for starters.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:23 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
1. What draws blacks to Atlanta in particular if the same options exist elsewhere?

2. Is the average black that moves to Atlanta in tune with the civil rights history of Atlanta?

3. Do they know the history that blacks have had in Atlanta? Do they even care?

4. What can be achieved by blacks in Atlanta that they can't achieve anywhere else? Is it any easier to achieve anything there?

5. What puts the modern black community in Atlanta ahead of others?

What makes you think that anyone actually knows the answers to these questions? I would think that each of your questions would have to be answered indivdually by those in question...no one here can answer for other people.

Even though this has already been stated several times...Atlanta has a history of prosperity and opportunity for black people going back to a time when that wasn't the norm. This has carried over into modern times, mostly by word of mouth, but lately through the entertainment industry. Of course there are other cities where black folks can be successful - it's 2010 - I would hope so. But Atlanta has a long-standing reputation for this.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:39 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,304,590 times
Heres another topic.

This is concerning the skylines of both cities.

The BofA bldg in Atlanta is taller than any buildings in Dallas, but I've heard that Dallas has height restrictions in downtown & uptown from the FAA because of the Love Field airport being right by Oak Lawn and that the BofA bldg in Dallas had to cut off its top three floors when being built because it was too high. Anyone know anything to back up what I heard?

Last edited by R1070; 01-16-2010 at 11:19 AM..

Old 01-16-2010, 11:12 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Even though this has already been stated several times...Atlanta has a history of prosperity and opportunity for black people going back to a time when that wasn't the norm. This has carried over into modern times, mostly by word of mouth, but lately through the entertainment industry. Of course there are other cities where black folks can be successful - it's 2010 - I would hope so. But Atlanta has a long-standing reputation for this.
Very succinct and accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City