Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:06 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times

Advertisements

Also, a lot of you guys said that Atlanta has more entertainment than DFW. I don't think so. Atlanta tends to get boring at times because most of the entertainment is in Atlanta. Whereas in DFW, it appears to be in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington. From doing research, it seems that in DFW you have more entertainment options.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:06 AM

631 posts, read 1,227,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Not this again.
For the record though, nobody ever says that it's Atlanta's fault or that Atlanta puts it out there. People just acknowledge that the notion exits out there in the real world somewhere, yet the same peolple from Atlanta take it and run with it for the next 10 pages.
Now can we please not go through this again.

Go back and read we keep having to clear it up from these Texas posters who keep posting these stupid comments the Atlanta is advertising itself As a black city... It's the same ones and you know who they are

Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 AM

Also, a lot of you guys said that Atlanta has more entertainment than DFW. I don't think so. Atlanta tends to get boring at times because most of the entertainment is in Atlanta. Whereas in DFW, it appears to be in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Arlington. From doing research, it seems that in DFW you have more entertainment options.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:17 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Go back and read we keep having to clear it up from these Texas posters who keep posting these stupid comments the Atlanta is advertising itself As a black city... It's the same ones and you know who they are
...and nowhere does it say that ATLANTA IS PROMOTING IT SELF TOWARDS BLACKS, ATLANTA IS PUSHING THE BLACK MECCA DOWN PEOPLES THROAT.

Every comment that I've seen from a Texas poster refers to people outside Atlanta seeing it that way, or that it's portrayed on television/radio that way.
What part of that do you not get? Won't the 3-4 (it's always the same group) of you let the defensiveness down for just 30 seconds to read. You all never read, just jump to conclusions, assume or just straight up reword an entire paragraph. Then have the nerve to think C-D is out to get you all. No, beacoup people just get tired of dealing with it. Even Atlanta posters have started seperating themselves from the other Atlanta posters because they don't read/listen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you still think that you see this "claim" floating around the thread then just leave it alone.
You can't change a person's opinion about something until they choose to except reality and you definitely can't change it if their opinion is a figment of your imagination. (Actually you can, you just have to realize that it's all in your head).

^after rereading this, I'm quite sure I just waisted my time.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:25 AM

NorthPark and Lenox/Phillips
Dallas Galleria and Mall of Georgia

Old 02-07-2010, 09:26 AM

2,023 posts, read 4,185,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
correction. in much of the state, not all of it. houston and dallas are not like san antonio and el paso. you won't really find old spanish buildings and landmarks east of interstate 35. the eastern portion of the state did not have the same consistent ties with mexico that the western portion of the state did
Yeah so that's why Houston has more flights to Mexico then any other American city. There PLENTY of Mexican ties Mexican cultural influences in this part of Texas. I believe there are well over half a million people of Mexican decent living in Houston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
He's talking about the aztecs architecture and how they built their pyramids with the ridges at the top which is evident in Dallas and Houston somewhat but much more in Austin and San Antonio.
The Aztec Empire didn't expand to present day Texas. Any Aztec influence in architecture is going to be and indirect influence from Mexican architecture which heavily influenced by Spanish, Pueblo, and Aztec.

Quote:
Thanks for Clearing that Up for the 100th time....
Yeah I know. We had 20 page conversation over this EXACT same topic earlier in this thread.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:27 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,480,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
NorthPark and Lenox/Phillips
Dallas Galleria and Mall of Georgia
I'm not sure if you're trying to compare the two, but I get more of a Lenox feel from the Galleria vs. Northpark. I've never been to the Mall of Georgia so I can't speak on that.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:27 AM

631 posts, read 1,227,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Well that depends on the person taste.. Think with all the celebs that live here and who come to visit and throw parties around here... I would say Atlanta because I have attended some great parties...

Last edited by RudeBoy21; 02-07-2010 at 10:05 AM..

Old 02-07-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Well that depends on the person taste.. Think we all the celebs that live here and who come to visit and throw parties around here... I would say Atlanta because I have attended some great parties...
Sometimes, it does get corny and played out here in Atlanta.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:37 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
I'm not sure if you're trying to compare the two, but I get more of a Lenox feel from the Galleria vs. Northpark. I've never been to the Mall of Georgia so I can't speak on that.
Mall of Georgia is more like Stonebriar Mall in Frisco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City