Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver vs. New york City
Denver(Mile High City) 38 29.69%
New York City(Big Apple) 90 70.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 12:05 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times

Advertisements

Is this a serious question?? It's not even close.........Denver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 01:30 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
No kidding. I lived in Denver and obviously know more about the place than you do.

My point was that the group (3OH!3) knows better than to claim they're part of the Denver music scene.
Then if Boulder is part of the Denver MSA obviously if 3OH!3 is from Boulder they are part of the Denver music scene. Plus the name alone should say something as 303 is the area code for Denver.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:08 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,060,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Then if Boulder is part of the Denver MSA obviously if 3OH!3 is from Boulder they are part of the Denver music scene. Plus the name alone should say something as 303 is the area code for Denver.
What's so hard to understand? Many bands may not be based in a metro area's central city, but claim the city anyway. In this case the band is out of suburban Denver (Boulder) and they say they're from Boulder, not Denver. This has to do with the fact that they started in Boulder and it (Boulder) has about as much music credibility as Denver. Big Head Todd & the Monsters also claimed Boulder. The band Chairlift has stated they got their start in Boulder, not Denver. End of story.

I'm somewhat surprised at how dense you can be. Then again, after reading some of your ridiculous posts it's obvious you have a hard time.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:17 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
What's so hard to understand? Many bands may not be based in a metro area's central city, but claim the city anyway. In this case the band is out of suburban Denver (Boulder) and they say they're from Boulder, not Denver. This has to do with the fact that they started in Boulder and it (Boulder) has about as much music credibility as Denver. Big Head Todd & the Monsters also claimed Boulder. The band Chairlift has stated they got their start in Boulder, not Denver. End of story.

I'm somewhat surprised at how dense you can be. Then again, after reading some of your ridiculous posts it's obvious you have a hard time.
All my point is rather a band claims to be from Denver, Boulder or some other suburb they are still from the Denver MSA and that just proves that Denver has a music scene. That combined with the fact that Denver gets all the great acts in the many venues they have, including Red Rocks, makes Denver just as good a city to live in, if not better, then NYC.

Finally, nice personal attack. Notice I have never once personally attacked you. Just saying.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:47 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
A pretty hot band right now that I listen to out of New York is The Bravery..kind of reminds me a tad of Joy Division. While of course I love Denver, the local music scene there has really never done it for me. I think Boulder is much better pound for pound than Denver,I hear it's getting better though. Still it is insane to compare the music scene in the mile high to NYC. LA vs NYC musically..that is debatable.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:16 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
All my point is rather a band claims to be from Denver, Boulder or some other suburb they are still from the Denver MSA and that just proves that Denver has a music scene. That combined with the fact that Denver gets all the great acts in the many venues they have, including Red Rocks, makes Denver just as good a city to live in, if not better, then NYC.

Finally, nice personal attack. Notice I have never once personally attacked you. Just saying.
Red Rocks is falling apart. Every year they do fewer and fewer concerts there because the sound vibrations are crumbling the rock. It will probably just be a monument in a few years.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:42 PM

776 posts, read 1,672,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Denver beat LA on these forums..not saying it's right...just personal preference. I too have often wondered how NYC would compare on CD, btw
not every one is overly impressed with urban settings. I choose Santa Barbara over LA..Boulder over Denver..bigger is better for some, not everyone.
And FYI..Denver will beat Minneapolis on and off this forum any day of the week, and no I don't hate the Twin Cities.
Last time I checked the NY metro area had nothing comparable to a Santa Barbara or a Boulder..not even close

Old 01-09-2010, 08:49 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVosilla View Post
Last time I checked the NY metro area had nothing comparable to a Santa Barbara or a Boulder..not even close
You're right, they have New Haven and Princeton. Yale > Princeton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CU > UCSB

Old 01-10-2010, 10:37 AM

631 posts, read 1,574,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
You're right, they have New Haven and Princeton. Yale > Princeton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CU > UCSB
Actually CU has quite often been called a 'public Ivy League University'.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,060,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eon-krate32 View Post
Actually CU has quite often been called a 'public Ivy League University'.
The Public Ivies: A Guide to America's best public undergraduate colleges and universities was released in 1985 and CU was not on the list.

The Public Ivies: America's Flagship Public Universities
was released in 2001 and listed CU as well as 29 other colleges and universities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City