Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 02:56 AM

254 posts, read 693,426 times

Advertisements

I have been slacking on getting Juarez's current numbers, but I found current numbers for Culiacan. As of 05/23, there have been 319 murders for the year so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 03:07 AM

85 posts, read 108,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrleanstopics View Post
I've lived in Chicago before. Infact on 102nd south a few blocks from the greyhound station on 95th. The point I was making is everyone is talking about this uptick in Chicago crime, but New Orleans has consistently been posting the worst murder rate in the country for countless years. A few years we might be 2nd or 3rd, but this is a broken record here. I am aware that many of the people living in the inner city moved to places lake Maywood. What your telling me is not new information. I've been to nearly every "hood" in the states and all I am saying is there needs to be alot more attention on what goes down here when it comes to crime.
Yea, but i've been to NOLA in 04 before Katrina and New Orleans looked like a pretty cool southern touristy town, but then again i was in the touristy areas like up and down canal, to me H-town looked worst, which is also near-by, in Houston i saw ALOT of bums living under there super highways plus i saw shacks with laminate roofs , when a hurricane comes those shacks will be blown away easily. So NOLA didn't look bad. And NOLA wasn't the murder capital of 09 by murder per capita, it was Gary, Indiana.

2009 Highest Murder Rate per Capita(100,000)
1.Gary, Indiana-56.8
2.New Orleans-52.3
3.Richmond,CA-44.0
4.Baton Rouge-41.8
5.Camden,NJ-41.3

2009 Highest Number of Murders
1.Chicago-463
2.NYC-412
3.Detroit-365
4.LA-308
5.Phily-302

And Indiana ain't that racist.If you really want racist go with Mississippi or Alabama, but Indiana is mostly ghetto and poor from G.I all the way down to Indianapolis aka Nap-town.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:11 AM

922 posts, read 1,697,900 times
Dallas, TX. - 59 (as of 5-25)

Quote:
Three are questioned after man found slain in burning Dallas apartment

05:43 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

By JANA J. MARTIN / The Dallas Morning News

Three people are being questioned after a man was found slain this morning in his burning apartment near Maple Avenue and the Dallas North Tollway

The 32-year-old man's body was found about 10 a.m., after a small fire was extinguished in the bedroom of the apartment in the 2600 block of Arroyo Avenue.

According to Lt. Craig Miller of the Dallas police homicide unit, investigators determined that the fire had not killed the man. Rather, he said, the man had been a victim of violence.

Police disclosed few details, including the name of the dead man or the names of those being questioned.

"No one has been charged in the homicide," said Miller. "We have several people in our office that we are talking to."

Witnesses at man's apartment complex told police that his Suburban had been driven away by someone, and officers broadcast a description of the vehicle.

A few minutes later, an accident involving the Suburban was reported in the 1100 block of South Ewing Street.

A woman who witnessed the accident followed two men as they got out of the Suburban, carrying property from the vehicle down the street several blocks and into a home.

Police took the two men and a third person into custody for questioning.
Quote:

Man found slain in southeast Dallas apartment

01:36 PM CDT on Tuesday, May 25, 2010

By JANA J. MARTIN / The Dallas Morning News

A man was found shot to death this morning in his southeast Dallas apartment, police said.

Jeremy Sharp, 24, was declared dead at the scene in the 200 block of Stoneport Drive, near Pemberton Hill Road and East Ledbetter Drive.

About 12:20 a.m., police responding to a 911 call found the man dead with multiple gunshot wounds inside his home

Homicide detectives are continuing their investigation and had yet to determine a motive.

No arrests have been made.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:48 AM

6,914 posts, read 14,752,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtParkRican312 View Post
Yea, but i've been to NOLA in 04 before Katrina and New Orleans looked like a pretty cool southern touristy town, but then again i was in the touristy areas like up and down canal, to me H-town looked worst, which is also near-by, in Houston i saw ALOT of bums living under there super highways plus i saw shacks with laminate roofs , when a hurricane comes those shacks will be blown away easily. So NOLA didn't look bad. And NOLA wasn't the murder capital of 09 by murder per capita, it was Gary, Indiana.

1.Gary, Indiana-56.8
2.New Orleans-52.3
3.Richmond,CA-44.0
4.Baton Rouge-41.8
5.Camden,NJ-41.3

1.Chicago-463
2.NYC-412
3.Detroit-365
4.LA-308
5.Phily-302

And Indiana ain't that racist.If you really want racist go with Mississippi or Alabama, but Indiana is mostly ghetto and poor from G.I all the way down to Indianapolis aka Nap-town.

Indiana aint that racist if you're not black.... you realize that Indiana is still the headquarters of the Klan right? That it's damn-near impossible to find an integrated city in ****ing 2010?! That Indiana was the first place where the majority of the white people that didn't know me there called me "boy"? That state is ass backwards... even Gary looks like its stuck in the 70's. It may not be racist towards latinos because there aren't enough in Indiana for the Klansmen to be concerned about, and even if there were, there are plenty of latinos who are equally racist towards blacks... lol.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:09 AM

85 posts, read 108,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Indiana aint that racist if you're not black.... you realize that Indiana is still the headquarters of the Klan right? That it's damn-near impossible to find an integrated city in ****ing 2010?! That Indiana was the first place where the majority of the white people that didn't know me there called me "boy"? That state is ass backwards... even Gary looks like its stuck in the 70's. It may not be racist towards latinos because there aren't enough in Indiana for the Klansmen to be concerned about, and even if there were, there are plenty of latinos who are equally racist towards blacks... lol.
It's not really that racist tho, when did you go? The most racist place i've been to was Mississippi, we stopped at the rest area some where near jackson and when i went to the rest room, some black old guy came out and look at us like never saw a latino in his life, he even held the door for us and said hi......I know it sounds more nice then racist, but the way he looked at us?.....Indiana is backwards, lol, when you cross the state line from Indiana into Illinois, the grass gets greener and the pollution go away. Indiana has alot of factories.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:30 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,046,413 times
Quote:
1.Chicago-463
2.NYC-412
3.Detroit-365
4.LA-308
5.Phily-302

Thats wrong. NYC had the highest number last year.

NYC had 471. It would never get as low as 412. That's insane for it's population. Chicago had 453 I tought?

Old 05-26-2010, 04:58 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:

1.Gary, Indiana-56.8
2.New Orleans-52.3
3.Richmond,CA-44.0
4.Baton Rouge-41.8
5.Camden,NJ-41.3

1.Chicago-463
2.NYC-412
3.Detroit-365
4.LA-308
5.Phily-302

um wtf??where did you get your raw numbers from? new york city did not have 412 murders, its had 471 murders, higher then chicago , and also chicago did not have 463 it had like 440 something. your numbers are of , where are you getting them from?

Old 05-26-2010, 04:59 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Thats wrong. NYC had the highest number last year.

NYC had 471. It would never get as low as 412. That's insane for it's population. Chicago had 453 I tought?
exactly im lost to where he got that nyc had 412 murders, and im also lost to where he got that chicago number, nyc had 471 and chicago had less then 463.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:19 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,526 times
Quote:

1.Gary, Indiana-56.8
2.New Orleans-52.3
3.Richmond,CA-44.0
4.Baton Rouge-41.8
5.Camden,NJ-41.3

1.Chicago-463
2.NYC-412
3.Detroit-365
4.LA-308
5.Phily-302

Why you post wrong stats, the list just came out and number one according to the fbi was New Orleans at 52/100,000 followed by Richmond, CA at 46/100,000.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:21 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,526 times
I know it was the preliminary,but Gary isn't even in the top 10....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City