Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2010, 07:17 AM

85 posts, read 108,799 times

Advertisements

Oakland doesn't look that bad. Tupac is from Oakland right?.......This is what hoods in the North look like. This is Humboldt Park,Chicago(Chicago's Puerto Rican hood) and stomping ground of the latin king nation and many more gangs.Looks grimy, lol, can't wait till the PR fest next month!

YouTube - Chicago Bike Ride Humboldt Park June 15 2008
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 02:22 PM

49 posts, read 105,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
would you say the murder count was half of what it is now?
Probably so. I was only there for 2 days.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 PM

Actually Cape Town that year was not. New Orleans had a 95 murders per 100,000 rating. Cape town was in the 60s per 100,000. Now I will say that New Orleans crime as improved since the 80s and 90 alot.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
To be honest, Cali hoods don't look that bad from my experience. Rust Belt hoods look far worse.
I will agree wit you on the Cali hoods.

YouTube - New Orleans Exposed

Old 05-25-2010, 02:39 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,923,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtParkRican312 View Post
Oakland doesn't look that bad. Tupac is from Oakland right?.......This is what hoods in the North look like. This is Humboldt Park,Chicago(Chicago's Puerto Rican hood) and stomping ground of the latin king nation and many more gangs.Looks grimy, lol, can't wait till the PR fest next month!

Humboldt Park isn't that bad for Chicago, now North Lawndale/Garfield Park (K-Town) and certain areas on the Southside like Englewood look like s***, although they've improved a lot in looks since the 80s and 90s.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:

I don't think that looks that bad. Looks can be deceiving though. I use to live on 102nd south in Chicago for a year or so. Chicago does have some bad looking areas in the 60s and 70s south along the green line as well as the red line. The poverty out west and up north is much different then what you experience down south. I would say up north poverty is more inner city and down south more 3rd worldish if thats a word...lol. By no means on the level of Haiti but a lot more shacks and stuff of that sort of thing. I've been to almost every major city in the States and the worst looking hoods in my opinion or in. New Orleans, Camden NJ, Baltimore, Detroit, Baton Rouge, Chicago, Jackson Ms, DC, and Memphis. New Orleans and detroit have the largest number of blight then any city in the states. Newark looked pretty bad in the 90s but I here they are cleaning it up.

Old 05-25-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
actually doesnt chicago keep poor maintenance of its police cameras? i have read plenty of stories where people were shot under them and they were not even working. and some for months at time.
Here is a taste of the Hood in New Orleans.

YouTube - New Orleans Housing Projects slideshow

YouTube - New Orleans Ghetto

YouTube - New Orleans Projects

YouTube - 6th Ward New Orleans Jazz Funeral(People dancing on casket)

YouTube - Mardi Gras Indians practicing their chants and calls!!

Old 05-25-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:

New Orleans Hood after the killing of Wild Man

YouTube - FiYiYi at their Wild Man's house

Old 05-25-2010, 03:34 PM

More New Orleans hood
YouTube - SIssy Nobby & Big Freedia @ Super Sunday On The West Bank

Old 05-25-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelieveInCleve View Post
Humboldt Park isn't that bad for Chicago, now North Lawndale/Garfield Park (K-Town) and certain areas on the Southside like Englewood look like s***, although they've improved a lot in looks since the 80s and 90s.
More New Orleans hood
YouTube - Uptown DJ In The 3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City