Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Tampa Versus Pittsburgh
TAMPA 80 31.75%
PITTSBURGH 149 59.13%
TOO CLOSE TO CALL 5 1.98%
UNDECIDED 3 1.19%
DON'T CARE 12 4.76%
NO OPINION 3 1.19%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 12:42 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,033,011 times

Advertisements

How is excessive Florida heat and humidity desirable? I will take a winter season over that any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 12:46 AM

312 posts, read 436,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghenyangel View Post
How is excessive Florida heat and humidity desirable? I will take a winter season over that any day.
I love heat and humidity. I can do days in the 100's easy as cake. Cold weather? That's tolerable. Snow? Tolerable if its less than 2 inches. Ice? Sorry, not even in my dreams.

Old 07-18-2011, 09:50 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,654 times
cusine- I love Seafood - Tampa
MSA secondary downtown - Tampa. Got Clearwater,St. Pete, and Westshore
MSA Primary downtown - Pittsburgh
Skyline- Hmmmm I Love Pittsburgh with the Architectural buid and the Rivers and Bridges. I like Tampas Architectural build with the river and waterfront, parks, street car and the fact you can get there by boat and the convention center is built right on the bay. Tampa.
architecture- Never been to Pittsburgh but I love Tampas Museums, and certain structures. I can't say. Have not got a chance to see both in a timely fashion!
vibrancy-Both but Tampa. Pitt never really came off as my type of Vibrant though.
safty- ?
cleaniness- Not sure.
Infustructure
A. Roads - Tampa has nice wide roads, then some narrow roads so it's tricky but they are all accessible to other parts of metro
B. Tranist Pitt

Old 07-18-2011, 09:52 AM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Network View Post
Imagine Pittsburgh during winters, burrr. Tampa by 5 miles, I actually love Tampa. Pittsburgh's not bad, very pretty city, weather is a drag though.
Same here I'll take Tampas weather anyday. Being able to go swimming in December or March in the Ocean is awesome. Those winters are unbearable.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:49 PM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,272 posts, read 3,706,945 times
Florida weather is so...boring. Its nice if you are 95 and drive a lincoln around with the right turn signal on, but that's about it. I have lived many places, including Florida and I still prefer the variety of weather in the northeast. It keeps you from getting soft.

That being said, Tampa is a nice city with things to do - most of which involve the water. It is more of the new and shiny type of town, where as Pittsburgh has more of an established "character" about it.

Old 07-18-2011, 11:17 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,518,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Really, your calling this a duplicate, first thats like a relocation thread, and howcome you didnt do that to a Minneapolis Vs. Seattle thread when their was 2 of them in a row.
Because I did not see and/or author that thread!

I'm NOT the only poster who noticed the duplication........

Old 11-01-2011, 08:28 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Is Tampa that bad, or is Pittsburgh that good?

Poll results to date:
Pittsburgh 110, Tampa 63

Old 11-02-2011, 10:33 AM

443 posts, read 600,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Is Tampa that bad, or is Pittsburgh that good?

Poll results to date:
Pittsburgh 110, Tampa 63
Highly depends on what you are looking for. These two couldn't be more apples vs oranges comparison.

1) Older, walkable, N.E. city, built on early European Immigration, with tight knit neighborhoods, etc.
2) Newer, unwalkable, S.E. sprawl city, built on mid to late 1900s immigration of Northerners.

For city and neighborhoods I would easily go Pittsburgh.

For being able to access to some of the nations best beaches, Tampa

Just for Comparison here are some skyline shots of mine to compare.

Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh Point state park

Clearwater Beach Sunset

Old 11-02-2011, 11:27 AM

747 posts, read 1,231,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
cusine- I love Seafood - Tampa
MSA secondary downtown - Tampa. Got Clearwater,St. Pete, and Westshore
MSA Primary downtown - Pittsburgh
Skyline- Hmmmm I Love Pittsburgh with the Architectural buid and the Rivers and Bridges. I like Tampas Architectural build with the river and waterfront, parks, street car and the fact you can get there by boat and the convention center is built right on the bay. Tampa.
architecture- Never been to Pittsburgh but I love Tampas Museums, and certain structures. I can't say. Have not got a chance to see both in a timely fashion!
vibrancy-Both but Tampa. Pitt never really came off as my type of Vibrant though.
safty- ?
cleaniness- Not sure.
Infustructure
A. Roads - Tampa has nice wide roads, then some narrow roads so it's tricky but they are all accessible to other parts of metro
B. Tranist Pitt

Pittsburgh has the second and third largest business districts in the state of PA.(Downtown Pittsburgh and Oakland). Oakland can give any Tampa neighborhood a run for its money.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:30 AM

747 posts, read 1,231,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
Attractions We.. for amusement parks Probably Tampa, but Pittsburgh does have Kennywood. For outdoor activities probably Pittsburgh because you are in the Appalachians and have skiing, unless you count beaches.

Cuisine probably Tampa, but cant tell for sure. Pittsburgh has some great restaurants, but the food scene is not good.

Downtown, skyline, architecture, etc Pittsburgh wins by miles. Pittsburgh has an awesome skyline, while Tampa is generic. Pittsburgh you get old nice houses, while Tampa has cookie cutter McMansions.

Not sure about Vibrancy and safety, Florida in general has a high crime rate, but Pittsburgh also as an above average crime rate.

I imagine Tampa is more clean than Pittsburgh. It is kinda grimy.

Tampa also probably has better infrastructure. Pittsburgh's infrastructure is outdated and those tunnels are a mess to get through. Tampa is newer and Florida can build infrastructure easier than PA, where it seems construction workers drink coffee and smoke all day. Tampa also has light rail I think.
Pittsburgh has one of the lowest crime rates of any major city

Pittsburgh has light rail also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City