Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which City has the better sports teams?
Phoenix, AZ 10 28.57%
Los Angeles, CA 25 71.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:42 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I hate the Celtic fans more than I hate the Celtic players [in-fact I have admired KG and Paul Pierce for many years]. Why do you hate the Rockets? They are one of my favorite teams though Yao has never impressed me. Shane Battier is one of the smartest basketball players out there. Next to the Spurs, the Houston Rockets is my favorite NBA team in Texas.
Dude till last year, I was so with you on that. I went to almost every Rockets home game. Tracy was my favorite player even though he was injured most of the time. He left, Yao I never really liked. Aaron Brooks is a beast and Shane Battier is definitely on top, but the team in general has a terrible coaching staff or something. Artest really was terrible, glad he's gone.

I'm for the Spurs, Magics, Mavericks, Bulls and most of all Lakers now.

The Rockets have a lot of things they have to fix.

Potentially they're good enough to make it to the finals, but they've got to fix their game play. If you watch them thoroughly, you know how 3rd quarter goes for them most of the time.

Kevin Garnett is the only one I've ever really liked out of their line up, and I used to like Ray Allen, but not a fan of the Celtics much anymore.

This is a huge summer decision for LeBron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 10:47 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,384,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Paul Pierce = the biggest baby in the league, lol sorry just saying..
No the "Big Baby" is Glen Davis I never understood why he would accept a nick name like "Big Baby" & still get irritated when announcers\ commentators call him that instead of his real name. Paul Pierce is from LA & many wish that he were a Laker.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:56 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Quote:
No the "Big Baby" is Glen Davis I never understood why he would accept a nick name like "Big Baby" & still get irritated when announcers\ commentators call him that instead of his real name. Paul Pierce is from LA & many wish that he were a Laker.
Lol nah, what I'm saying is Paul Pierce is a cry baby, you ever seen some of the fouls called against him? You can polk him gently in the shoulder and he'll be on the ground rolling around acting like he dislocated it..

Old 05-19-2010, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Dude till last year, I was so with you on that. I went to almost every Rockets home game. Tracy was my favorite player even though he was injured most of the time. He left, Yao I never really liked. Aaron Brooks is a beast and Shane Battier is definitely on top, but the team in general has a terrible coaching staff or something. Artest really was terrible, glad he's gone.

I'm for the Spurs, Magics, Mavericks, Bulls and most of all Lakers now.

The Rockets have a lot of things they have to fix.

Potentially they're good enough to make it to the finals, but they've got to fix their game play. If you watch them thoroughly, you know how 3rd quarter goes for them most of the time.

Kevin Garnett is the only one I've ever really liked out of their line up, and I used to like Ray Allen, but not a fan of the Celtics much anymore.

This is a huge summer decision for LeBron.
Some people feel the same way about the Clippers [and they have a worse record than the Rockets and just about every other team]. The owner is stingy. How is Yao's health now? The trade of Ariza for Artest is still being debated. I'm sure Ariza was a more productive guard than Artest has been as a power forward but "Ron Ron" [doesn't that sound lame] was pretty accurate tonight.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Some people feel the same way about the Clippers [and they have a worse record than the Rockets and just about every other team]. The owner is stingy. How is Yao's health now? The trade of Ariza for Artest is still being debated. I'm sure Ariza was a more productive guard than Artest has been as a power forward but "Ron Ron" [doesn't that sound lame] was pretty accurate tonight.
I think Artest is better off when he's on the same team as Kobe than being on a different team than Kobe! We all know how that went last year, which is why he was a downer for Houston. He got benched so much.

This year, next year, the year after, I don't think Houston's going to do much better than last year, but after that I have a feeling they'll be on track. Houston's biggest problem is that they're not constant.
If you notice when they lead or trail a team by half time that it's not that huge of a difference (most of the time) but by 3rd quarter they either start losing their massive lead or start losing worse, the gap becomes really large.

Houston's strength lies in it's first quarter, a little bit in the 2nd, not at all in 3rd, and last 5 minutes of 4th.

For Yao's health, dude if you've seen Yao play in the last 2 years, he's really fallen off from what he used to be. Yeah he's still big with the Chinese crowd here and in China But his performance is okayish, not the best not the worst.

YouTube - Tracy McGrady 13 Points In 35 Seconds

^^ Going to their games and watching used to be way more fun when their players actually played and were not injured most of the time (Yao and McGrady)

A healthy T-Mac is a very dangerous T-Mac. I think he's still got a few games left in him for the Knicks, but next season should probably be his last. I know his injuries have really taken a toll on his performance. I feel bad for the guy.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Lol nah, what I'm saying is Paul Pierce is a cry baby, you ever seen some of the fouls called against him? You can polk him gently in the shoulder and he'll be on the ground rolling around acting like he dislocated it..
I know what you mean. Does anyone remember Vlade Divac, center for the Kings between 1998-2005? He was one of the biggest floppers I have ever seen [even worse than Ginobili]. But as far as "babies" there are several that come to mind including Sasha Vujacic who hasn't even worn the color green since the 2008 Laker loss in Boston. Plus he complains about every call & gets too emotional [likely to get traded this summer].

Old 05-19-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I think Artest is better off when he's on the same team as Kobe than being on a different team than Kobe! We all know how that went last year, which is why he was a downer for Houston. He got benched so much..

Artest seems to have mellowed a bit [but he admitted to drinking before games so maybe that is why he became known as the most likely player to go berserk]. He played with Odom when they were kids in NYC and admires Kobe. But Artest has yet to fully understand the triangle offense.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I know what you mean. Does anyone remember Vlade Divac, center for the Kings between 1998-2005? He was one of the biggest floppers I have ever seen [even worse than Ginobili]. But as far as "babies" there are several that come to mind including Sasha Vujacic who hasn't even worn the color green since the 2008 Laker loss in Boston. Plus he complains about every call & gets too emotional [likely to get traded this summer].
Ah good ol Vlade Divac lmao damn.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:19 PM

Odom and Artest grew up in Queensbridge Projects, the biggest Housing Projects in the country.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Artest seems to have mellowed a bit [but he admitted to drinking before games so maybe that is why he became known as the most likely player to go berserk]. He played with Odom when they were kids in NYC and admires Kobe. But Artest has yet to fully understand the triangle offense.
The thing with Artest was that he's always wanted to be in LA, it's been his dream. He stated in his interview right before getting traded that if he was offered no salary to play for the Lakers, that he would take it. Because it's always been his dream to play for LA.

I guess the days of him watching his buddies get killed in basketball games in NY streets have paid off because his dream is a reality now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City