Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: (Las Vegas NV) vs. (Pittsburgh PA)
Las Vegas, NV 43 36.75%
Pittsburgh, PA 74 63.25%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 03:34 PM

4 posts, read 8,035 times

Advertisements

Is this comparison even real? They are COMPLETLEY different cities. It's like saying, "who's better...the Red Sox or the Chargers?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 03:56 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,944,113 times
Pittsburgh usually get torn to pieces on a versus thread, but put it up against Vegas and all of a sudden the typical anti-Pittsburgh criticism fades and it's all of a sudden a real, and full bodied city. Man, I love City-Data!!

Old 10-22-2010, 03:57 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,087,160 times
For attractions, tourism...I'd opt for Vegas. But just about anything else (including living) I'd def have to go for Pburgh.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
Pittsburgh usually get torn to pieces on a versus thread, but put it up against Vegas and all of a sudden the typical anti-Pittsburgh criticism fades and it's all of a sudden a real, and full bodied city. Man, I love City-Data!!
I always felt that Pittsburgh usually does well though...

Well, as long as it isn't compared to a much bigger city.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:53 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,695,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
What?? Pittsburgh is always boosted on this site.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,846,616 times
Las Vegas has to be the most soul-less place on earth. No thanks...

Old 05-04-2012, 02:08 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,518,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGAS-to-PITTSBURGH View Post
Is this comparison even real? They are COMPLETLEY different cities. It's like saying, "who's better...the Red Sox or the Chargers?"
Old, but Red Sox.

Obviously.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:18 PM

2 posts, read 1,099 times
Move to Las Vegas from PA 15 yrs ago and I will never move back. Sure Pgh has culture and schools but Vegas has more to offer than the strip. Lakes, mountains, beautiful desert, great music scene, tons of restraunts and Cali, AZ and UT at its borders, plus everything you need 24/7. Winters are outstanding. Only need to tolerate 2 months of searing heat as opposed to 5+ months of frigid cold. People aren't as negative and don't need to be in your face like some towns in PA. Haters will hate and if haven't been off the strip you have no idea what your missing.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,099 times
Default Apples and oranges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
I always felt that Pittsburgh usually does well though...

Well, as long as it isn't compared to a much bigger city.
You can't compare apples to Oranges. Vegas is a great town. More to do than in Pittsburgh.

Old 10-04-2015, 04:58 AM

1,537 posts, read 1,911,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Las Vegas...a new city...desert landscape...out west...new houses everywhere...etc.

If you were to choose....which city would you prefer...and WHY?
I'd pick Pittsburgh. Vegas is almost the anti-city for my interests. Don't gamble, dislike the desert, and dislike the new housing.

I even refuse to visit my friends that live out there.

As far as my friends living in Vegas one (who lived in Pittsburgh) hates it as they had their house broken into, moved and had a second house broken into. Both areas were well to do subdivisions I believe. Now they can't get anyone to buy the house they are in at the moment so they're stuck there.

My other friend was originally from Montgomery, but I knew him in Portland. He has a love-hate relationship with the city. Always complaining about people mooching off of him and he picked up a hard drug habit while he was living in Vegas, but has since beat it. Had a decent job for a while, but got demoted. I'm assuming he must be a little nuts because he rides his bike year round.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City