Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 12:37 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
nyc, according to cd

natureless.
only rats, pigeons and an occasional squirrel count for wildlife here.
there are 232132132321 trillion ppl here from everywhere in the world but we aren't cultured because we don't travel.
we have two of the busiest major airports in the country but again, we don't travel.
there are 3432434234324 skyscrapers here but our skyline is small.
we're known throughout the world for our food but our food is nasty.
there is a "ny pizza/hot dog" place everywhere else in the country but our pizza and hot dogs are nasty.
243423423423 ppl originated in the south and moved here but we don't know anything about the south.
4243432423423 ppl are rude here but there's a new subway hero every other week.
etc. etc.
+1, this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2010, 12:47 PM

80 posts, read 198,645 times
Kentucky
1. Everyone is a toothless hillbilly.
2. The only thing to do is watch horse racing and drink bourbon.
3. No one wears shoes.
4. People most likely to marry their sister or brother.

That's all eastern Kentucky haha.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:37 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
Kind of hard to do Florida because its so split up

*Everyone thinks all residents of Orlando go to the theme parks for their entertainment.
- BULLS***, I have not been since middle school. You only go when someone gives you tickets, or family is visiting.
*It's believed we all like the Gators and Seminoles.
- No, I like The Hurricanes and Bulls.
*Assuming it is always hot and humid in Florida.
-Negative, the Panhandle gets extremely cold as does parts of Central Florida.
*Florida is all old people
-As a resident, this is NOT true. There are quite a few young people and middle aged people who exist.

*Florida is full of Transients so it has no true feel of history and culture
-LOL BULLSH**. Many of Florida's residents live in rural areas in small country towns with more of a southern feel. Florida has history but due to the fact it is constantly changing i must admit it really is not paid attention too.
*People in Florida can not drive.
-OK That One is True., HA HA
That has got to be THE biggest and most inaccurate stereotype of Florida. It may have more old people than the average state, but the number of senior citizens in the US is relatively small, so the number of senior citizens in Florida is ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, large in COMPARISON(keyword) to other states. They don't make up 95% of the population like some people TRY to make seem.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Texas:

Everyone's an exact clone of Bush.
Everyone wears cowboy hats, giant belt buckles, and boots.
Everyone drives an F-Series pickup.
Everyone's a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, and particularly the owner.
Everyone's a fan of UT. Everyone who isn't is a fan of A&M. (There are four big 12 teams and ten I-A/FBS teams in the state--Tech has a ton of fans in Dallas/Fort Worth and West Texas, as well as big groups in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus, out of state, etc.)
Every high school football game attracts at least 10,000.
Everyone has 100 cattle and several horses.
Oil is the only reason why the state isn't third world.
This is the best list in the thread.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:40 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Lol yeah, I've been going back and forth from the Tri-State area to Florida for about 3 years now and I can tell you first hand that Florida has a mix of everybody. I always hated the term "God's waiting room" thats corny and innacurate. There are some areas in Florida where you won't find any old people at all, it's just like every other state.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Lol yeah, I've been going back and forth from the Tri-State area to Florida for about 3 years now and I can tell you first hand that Florida has a mix of everybody. I always hated the term "God's waiting room" thats corny and innacurate. There are some areas in Florida where you won't find any old people at all, it's just like every other state.
Exactly, you would think with a state with so many colleges and it being a HUGE Spring Break destination, that people would realize that old people don't dictate the lives of the citizens.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:49 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Exactly, you would think with a state with so many colleges and it being a HUGE Spring Break destination, that people would realize that old people don't dictate the lives of the citizens.
Yeah man, it is a pretty wild stereotype.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:59 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,170,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Lol, Good list.

Best line......

"California consists of the beach then desert. Basically, like a North American version of Morocco, but somehow less exotic".
hahaha my friend from missouri who has never been here before tells me that " she would never go to california cause she wants more than just hot weather and beaches."

Old 05-28-2010, 12:07 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
rush limbaugh and rosie o'donnel lookalikes, cruising in an SUV on the antelope freeway. raybans, shorts and hawaiian shirts.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:28 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,516,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
That has got to be THE biggest and most inaccurate stereotype of Florida. It may have more old people than the average state, but the number of senior citizens in the US is relatively small, so the number of senior citizens in Florida is ONLY, ONLY, ONLY, large in COMPARISON(keyword) to other states. They don't make up 95% of the population like some people TRY to make seem.
Isn't the reality that there are a lot less seniors moving to Florida and instead other states or to areas not as far from their families? The stereotype seemed to work better years ago but really took a hit after the 2004 hurricane season since I remember hearing a number of seniors got scared off from moving in since that is not what someone in retirement should deal with. There is a large number of 'halfbackers' of people who moved to Florida and wound up then moving to either Georgia or the Carolinas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City