Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:27 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
You go in hard on Houstonians, but take it easy on ATLiens and Dallasites who are just as bad??? Typical ATlien
I pretty much admitted that the Atlanta posters could get quite vocal and obnoxious in their own right. Some of the Houston posters can take things to the next level though. Again, just my observations.

Dallas posters tend to stick in the Dallas forum. Not as many seem to venture into the City-vs-City posts,.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:30 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I pretty much admitted that the Atlanta posters could get quite vocal and obnoxious in their own right. Some of the Houston posters can take things to the next level though. Again, just my observations.

What I find so funny is that they say we're arrogant, yet say things like "I have traveled places you've never heard of." What can be more arrogant than that?

Old 05-26-2010, 09:31 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
I pretty much admitted that the Atlanta posters could get quite vocal and obnoxious in their own right. Some of the Houston posters can take things to the next level though.

Dallas posters tend to stick in the Dallas forum. Not as many seem to venture into the City-vs-City posts.
No, Dallasites and ATLiens are just as bad to the point they have to send lame comments into my PMs about foolishness. Not calling anyone out, but it happens.

I just feel you need to be more fair when your speaking on the issues of others; just like you may feel annoyed or irritated by me and other houstonian comments; I may feel the same about yours and other Dallasites and Atliens.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:31 AM

32 posts, read 75,937 times
Quote:
The OP forgot:

Atlanta and how us Atlanta posters/obnoxious booster squad are having to defend our city against the attacks we get from the Northeastern and even other Sunbelt cities that shall remain nameless and remind others of how important we are because we have the world's busiest airport and Coca-Cola. We try to say how "urban" we are, but someone from NYC/DC/Chicago chimes in and we have to drink a tall glass of Shut the Hell Up. We turn around and start arguing with the Houston posters again.

Houston and it's dickrider/booster squad who have to remind us every few minutes about just how important and great they think they are, with GDP, population figures and pictures of skylines. Oh, and denigrating other Sunbelt cities that shall remain nameless and even other NE/West Coast cities in order to boost theirs. Some of the most argumentative and hypersensitive posters on here besides a strong Atlanta and Philly contingent. Speaking of which;

Philadelphia and it's whining dickrider/booster squad who have to constantly whine about how they're overshadowed by NYC and DC on the NE Corridor, and how unfair that Mercer County and Allentown/Redding/Bethlehem/Atlantic City/Harrisburg isn't a part of their metro area due to some conspiracy by the Census Bureau and how much bigger they would be if only all these other places were included in what is defined as "Philadelphia" and how bad and evil the Sunbelt cities are because they cover a bigger area. Also how some of their posters cannot seem to understand the concept that what they considered "urban" and "suburban" in Philadelphia may be different depending on what city we're talking about, and think that what applies to Philly applies to other cities nationwide and how "confused" they are that (insert sunbelt city here) is so many more square miles, so how is it a city? and on and on...

Phoenix and how people from other places immediately dismiss it and how defensive it's (small, but very vocal) booster squad gets

Honorable Mention:

Dallas
The Big D seems to be brought up mostly when West Coast and Houston posters need a whipping boy. Otherwise, regarded with mostly indifference. They argue mainly with the Houstonians and use Austin and SA as their whipping posts. Oh, and depending on what day, Ft. Worth gets from some of them.

Orlando -The posters from there seem to be the most vocal about their hatred of the place and won't hesitate to let you know, plus the NE posters that pile it on

Charlotte - a few hypersensitive homers from there seem to be the most vocal their city and it's importance and where they stand. While I respect Charlotte and its accomplishments, it's still a medium size metro area that isn't quite "major," but it's fine in it's own right

Detroit - A prime example of a city that seems to be universally hated on here except from the people that actually live there, mostly brought up when people compare another Rust Belt city to it or when people talk about cities they would not want to live in.

Just some random observations of mine.
Hilarious but spot-on!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:35 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
The OP forgot:

Atlanta and how us Atlanta posters/obnoxious booster squad are having to defend our city against the attacks we get from the Northeastern and even other Sunbelt cities that shall remain nameless and remind others of how important we are because we have the world's busiest airport and Coca-Cola. We try to say how "urban" we are, but someone from NYC/DC/Chicago chimes in and we have to drink a tall glass of Shut the Hell Up. We turn around and start arguing with the Houston posters again.

Houston and it's dickrider/booster squad who have to remind us every few minutes about just how important and great they think they are, with GDP, population figures and pictures of skylines. Oh, and denigrating other Sunbelt cities that shall remain nameless and even other NE/West Coast cities in order to boost theirs. Some of the most argumentative and hypersensitive posters on here besides a strong Atlanta and Philly contingent. Speaking of which;

Philadelphia and it's whining dickrider/booster squad who have to constantly whine about how they're overshadowed by NYC and DC on the NE Corridor, and how unfair that Mercer County and Allentown/Redding/Bethlehem/Atlantic City/Harrisburg isn't a part of their metro area due to some conspiracy by the Census Bureau and how much bigger they would be if only all these other places were included in what is defined as "Philadelphia" and how bad and evil the Sunbelt cities are because they cover a bigger area. Also how some of their posters cannot seem to understand the concept that what they considered "urban" and "suburban" in Philadelphia may be different depending on what city we're talking about, and think that what applies to Philly applies to other cities nationwide and how "confused" they are that (insert sunbelt city here) is so many more square miles, so how is it a city? and on and on...

Phoenix and how people from other places immediately dismiss it and how defensive it's (small, but very vocal) booster squad gets

Honorable Mention:

Dallas
The Big D seems to be brought up mostly when West Coast and Houston posters need a whipping boy. Otherwise, regarded with mostly indifference. They argue mainly with the Houstonians and use Austin and SA as their whipping posts. Oh, and depending on what day, Ft. Worth gets from some of them.

Orlando -The posters from there seem to be the most vocal about their hatred of the place and won't hesitate to let you know, plus the NE posters that pile it on

Charlotte - a few hypersensitive homers from there seem to be the most vocal their city and it's importance and where they stand. While I respect Charlotte and its accomplishments, it's still a medium size metro area that isn't quite "major," but it's fine in it's own right

Detroit - A prime example of a city that seems to be universally hated on here except from the people that actually live there, mostly brought up when people compare another Rust Belt city to it or when people talk about cities they would not want to live in.

Just some random observations of mine.
Amusing, but you DID take it easy on Atlanta, and their boosters can be a little over-the-top..

Old 05-26-2010, 09:35 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
What I find so funny is that they say we're arrogant, yet say things like "I have traveled places you've never heard of." What can be more arrogant than that?
More arrogant?

How about calling someone out for daring to compare the Mediterranean to California when YOU"VE NEVER BEEN THERE?

THAT is the definition of arrogant.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
More arrogant?

How about calling someone out for daring to compare the Mediterranean to California when YOU"VE NEVER BEEN THERE?

THAT is the definition of arrogant.

I have been to San Diego.

....and for the record, who says I'm talking about you?

Old 05-26-2010, 09:38 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
No, Dallasites and ATLiens are just as bad to the point they have to send lame comments into my PMs about foolishness. Not calling anyone out, but it happens.

I just feel you need to be more fair when your speaking on the issues of others; just like you may feel annoyed or irritated by me and other houstonian comments; I may feel the same about yours and other Dallasites and Atliens.

I feel I was pretty fair in my assessment. I call out my fellow Atlanta posters on their BS just as much as I call out the Houston posters. Lately, I pretty much ignore it because I see that it's usually futile to say anything.

I'm offering my perspective based on what I've observed based on what the OP was saying. If you feel otherwise, fine. That's not my problem if you feel I was being unfair. Move on.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:42 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times
City vs city can get bad/annoying/embarrassing at times, but it's an easy way to learn about other cities.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I feel I was pretty fair in my assessment. I call out my fellow Atlanta posters on their BS just as much as I call out the Houston posters. Lately, I pretty much ignore it because I see that it's usually futile to say anything.

I'm offering my perspective based on what I've observed based on what the OP was saying. If you feel otherwise, fine. That's not my problem if you feel I was being unfair. Move on.

Good to know there's at least one realistic, honest, and nice Atlanta poster
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City