Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which place is better?
Atlanta 152 53.52%
New Orleans 132 46.48%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 09:56 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTime View Post
Wow. I had NO idea this existed
Prepare to be TOTALLY creeped out!

Six Flags - New Orleans, LA | Abandoned USA

Old 08-27-2013, 10:47 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,332,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
LOL. Homers ignore the reality and now even facts that they posted. Atlanta is destroying Louisiana atm when it comes to film. As I said, GA falls in 3rd behind the obvious California and New York.
The difference I've noticed is that not only are productions being filmed in New Orleans, but they're actually being set there as well. The city has a mystique and character that makes it a great setting for stories...Atlanta, not so much.

There are movies and series ABOUT New Orleans. Off the top of my head, the only major movie in recent years that was about Atlanta was the black teeny-bopper movie 'ATL', and the only landmark in that film was the Cascade skating rink.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:32 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
Dumbest post of the entire thread.

Obviously its not meant to be literal,but Savannah vs New Orleans has its similarities more alike than people like to admit.
Mardi Gras vs St.Patrickd Day.both growing port cities,culture and history
Wha'st dumb is you making statements like SLC is an urban paradise and trying to compare a Winter Olympics vs a Summer Olympics.As if just because they both are olympics,they must be superior.

Old 08-27-2013, 11:51 PM

367 posts, read 996,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Prepare to be TOTALLY creeped out!

Six Flags - New Orleans, LA | Abandoned USA
Ha. That would be a perfect set for a zombie movie or something

Old 08-27-2013, 11:54 PM

367 posts, read 996,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
The difference I've noticed is that not only are productions being filmed in New Orleans, but they're actually being set there as well. The city has a mystique and character that makes it a great setting for stories...Atlanta, not so much.

There are movies and series ABOUT New Orleans. Off the top of my head, the only major movie in recent years that was about Atlanta was the black teeny-bopper movie 'ATL', and the only landmark in that film was the Cascade skating rink.

Terrible Movie by the way...No plot what so ever

Old 08-28-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post

Then your knowledge is lacking.
Wanderlust with Jennifer Anniston just came on 2 days agoagain on T.V.
There are several movies lset in Atlanta also because of the CDC.
One is Contagion.
The t.v. show Revolution ,
The Walking Dead,
Catch Me if You Can,
Idenity Theft
Flight
Driving Miss Daisy
Single Ladies
What to Expect When You are Expecting
Alll whee Atlanta is the backdrop
Why does this even matter anyway?
New Orleans has a smaller corporate presence than Charlotte or Nasville,It has ONE f500 company.
Even Nashville has 9 or 10.
Yet you wanna talk about where a movie is set?
Obviously you are trolling.Its ok to have a preference but if being in a city where movies are set is the highest on your priority then why are you not there but in ALL places HOUSTON?So where is Houston in film or televison?Really?Wow.Just wow!

Last edited by afonega1; 08-28-2013 at 12:11 AM..

Old 08-28-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Ha. That would be a perfect set for a zombie movie or something
Oh yeh.Zombieland also set Atlanta.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Wow. I had NO idea this existed
Savannah streets in the historic area zre full often,Not just the Riverwalk.I hope to go with friends again this year

Old 08-28-2013, 12:37 AM

37,877 posts, read 41,910,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Savannah streets in the historic area zre full often,Not just the Riverwalk.I hope to go with friends again this year
He was referring to the now-defunct Six Flags in NOLA, lol.

Old 08-28-2013, 12:41 AM

16,508 posts, read 26,291,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
DUDE ... per your OWN POST!

Louisiana
Economic Impact of the Industry
The motion picture and television industry is responsible for 8,655 direct jobs and $377.9 million in wages in Louisiana, including both production and distribution-related jobs. Over 3,400 of the jobs are production-related.

Georgia
Economic Impact of the Industry
The motion picture and television industry is responsible for 22,843 direct jobs and $1.3 billion in wages in Georgia, including both production and distribution-related jobs. Over 6,500 of the jobs are production-related.

Are they building major motion picture and television studios FROM THE GROUND UP in Louisiana, aka Pinewood Studios in Atlanta? If so, nobody's heard of it.
We were talking about number of productions, which Louisiana was ahead. We were never initially talking about economic impact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City