Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 12:15 PM

119 posts, read 354,795 times

Advertisements

Hey friends! Buffalonian here with some questions about Cleveland. We are going to a game next month so my wife can see her beloved Mariners (she's from Seattle). We would ideally like to stay in a hotel which is walking distance to the stadium. Any suggestions? Of course we'd like to see the RnR Hall of Fame, but from what I understand it's not near the stadium. We'd prefer to stay closer to the stadium.

Also, is there an authentic Italian neighborhood in Cleveland, or at least a good, authentic Italian restaurant that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 02:08 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,376,312 times
hi. too many good italian restaurants to mention but we have a nice little italian nieghborhood i recomend. very safe and very walkable ! my suggestion would be stay at one of the downtown hotels at or near tower-city. have the valet park your car for the wk-end. you can easily walk to the game or rock hall from your hotel and have access to the rock hall and little italy area via the rapid transits below tower-city. waterfront-line to rock hall and red-line to university circle station. little italy(murray hill) is a 5min walk among other interesting places from there. i think you would have a very good time this way and get a good feel for our city. LITTLE ITALY CLEVELAND - Little Italy an urban neighborhood . http://www.riderta.com/pdf/maps/System_map_U-Circle.pdf

Old 07-25-2010, 04:44 PM

458 posts, read 1,223,701 times
If you would like to go all out... The Hyatt Hotel at the Arcarde off of Euclid Ave. is one the best hotels in Cleveland. It is right downtown and is close to Jacobs Field and within reasonalbe walking distance to the the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (about a mile - 15-20 minute walk). I stayed at the Hyatt once and it was a great experience.

I agree with 1watertiger, that Little Italy is a must see. I discovered this restaurant called Anthony's in Little Italy and is now my personal favorite Anthony's Ristorante is Authentic Italian (Even though I still have a lot of restaurants down there to try yet). Presti's is also a great bakery located right across the street.

The Hyatt, if you choose to stay there, would be right on the healthline and takes you close to Little Italy (E120th & Euclid). All you have to do is travel one block down to E120th and Mayfield and you're there!

Hope you enjoy your visit, and let us know how it goes!

Old 07-25-2010, 07:43 PM

Thanks guys, for the responses so far. We are definitely going to go to Little Italy for sure. Thanks for the suggestions on where to eat.

My wife found a Hilton Garden Inn right across from the stadium, so we can walk to and from the game. This is especially good since there are fireworks after the game that night, which means it'll be late when we get out. I know the Hilton Garden Inn is not as good as the Hyatt, but the price and location were right.

What is the best way to get to the RnR Hall of Fame from the Hilton Garden inn on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon? What about to Little Italy? Ideally we'd like to park the car upon arrival, and not see it again till it's time to go home.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:46 PM

watertiger, I just re read your answer and saw that you did explain how to take rapid transit. Is it easy to use? Safe?

Old 07-25-2010, 08:51 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times
You can walk down E. 9th to the Rock Hall. It's a nice walk and we do it all the time. Enjoy your trip and go Tribe!

Old 07-25-2010, 09:03 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,376,312 times
here you go >> Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:25 PM

420 posts, read 1,042,610 times
Default My two cents

Using public transit in this city u need to know the time schedule of bus/ rapid, to make sure when to leave / and when the next one will be arriving , It is most important since budget cuts as of April of this year Go to riderta.com , which is the web site for the public transit
system for this area , It is google map interactive to plot out ur route, u can print out time schedules from this site , Safe yes , however be aware of ur suroundings , I ride the system never had a problem , also there is a free shuttle service in the downtown area , times very and stop after a certain time in the eveing hours hope this helps ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredrew View Post
watertiger, I just re read your answer and saw that you did explain how to take rapid transit. Is it easy to use? Safe?

Old 08-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Thanks everyone! Just got back from Cleveland last night, and we had a great time. The people were very friendly (reminded me of Buffalonians in a way). We ate and drank at a couple great places, and wow, I'd seen it countless times on TV, but Progressive Field is a true beauty in person. You guys really did the Rock n Blast right too. Rock Hall was a good time as well.

All in all, we had a great time, and are looking forward to going back!

Old 08-16-2010, 06:47 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times
Glad you had a good time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland