Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2007, 06:57 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times

Advertisements

I'm driving through Cleveland later this summer and I'd like to get a feel for the city. I won't have a long time to do this-- probably just over an hour or so--but I would like to find out what streets and neighboods I can explore. I like to visit old, traditional downtowns and ethnic neighborhoods, as well as the places young people enjoy going. Basically, I want to see what makes Cleveland, Cleveland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2007, 06:14 PM

332 posts, read 2,252,523 times
Try Clifton Avenue on the West Side, along with the West Park Neighborhood north of Clifton. Get on Lake Avenue and go north on W. 110th youu find Cliff drive and have a wonderful view of Cleveland and Lake Erie. Go thru the Ohio City neighborhood along W. 25th street and the streets that branch off of it to the west. Be sure to see/stop at the West Side market at W.25 and Lorain.

Visit Downtown, including West 6th street, Euclid Avenue, East 9th go all the way north on this street and you'll see the Rock & Roll HO. Drive along Prospect Avenue and Euclid Avenue (Currently installing a BRTransit line so its a mess) to University Circle.

Here you will see the major institutions like the Cleveland Clinic, Severance Hall (Home of the Cleveland Orchastra), The Art museum, Case Western Reserve University etc. Take a right on Mayfield and after about .5 miles you'll see little Italy. Continue on Mayfield 'til Coventry make a right and you'll be in the Coventry Village. Continue on Coventry and you'll come to residential neighborhoods with grand homes. Take Coventry til you get to Shaker Boulevard, make a right. Continue down Shaker heading West and you'll run into Shaker Square a real gem. Take Shaker to MLK Jr. BLVD and make a right (North) you'll head back to University Circle.

If you have time you might want to drive along Fairmount Boulevard, and some of the streets south of there to see some large homes.

Last edited by MABCle; 06-25-2007 at 06:23 PM..

Old 07-30-2007, 11:33 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times
Thanks for your tips! I will be there in less than 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: