Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 05:29 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,280,663 times

Advertisements

^ I'm thinking Lake Erie itself will suffice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 06:35 PM

708 posts, read 1,814,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post

I'm thinking Lake Erie also

Old 05-19-2011, 07:39 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,871,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by costello_musicman View Post
Hard to walk around though....

Old 05-19-2011, 09:36 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,313,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
I'm from Minneapolis and am moving to Cleveland by June, and will be living in Shaker and have heard of these "Shaker Lakes". Coming from Minneapolis ("City of Lakes") and as someone who goes to the lakes (Calhoun or Harriet usually) almost every day in the summer, are these Shaker Lakes comparable in size, popularity, etc? Does anyone know? I am SOOOOO going to miss the Minneapolis lakes, but if Shaker has a good one that will make the transition smoother for me I think.
I don't think Shaker Lakes is anything like Lake Calhoun... the area around Shaker Lakes is quiet and very suburban and nature-oriented. It doesn't have all the activity around it that Lake Calhoun has. As others have noted, the big draw in the Cleveland area is Lake Erie, in particular the lakefront parks (Edgewater, etc.).

Old 05-20-2011, 11:50 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,871,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I don't think Shaker Lakes is anything like Lake Calhoun... the area around Shaker Lakes is quiet and very suburban and nature-oriented. It doesn't have all the activity around it that Lake Calhoun has. As others have noted, the big draw in the Cleveland area is Lake Erie, in particular the lakefront parks (Edgewater, etc.).
It doesn't have to be exactly like Lake Calhoun, but anything similar would be nice / suffice. Just a good trail with regular traffic (people watching) is all I hope for.

I will have to check out Lake Erie it sounds like, but probably on weekends. I had no idea Lake Erie was such a draw....seriously....I thought they were TRYING to renew enthusiasm about the lake but I didn't know it was at all popular! Cool to know though!

I'm pretty excited about the move, even if it's not ideal for me (prefer Minny, my home). Cleveland is "my kinda town" though and it's on the up-and-up, which is always fun to be a part of!!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
It doesn't have to be exactly like Lake Calhoun, but anything similar would be nice / suffice. Just a good trail with regular traffic (people watching) is all I hope for.

I will have to check out Lake Erie it sounds like, but probably on weekends. I had no idea Lake Erie was such a draw....seriously....I thought they were TRYING to renew enthusiasm about the lake but I didn't know it was at all popular! Cool to know though!

I'm pretty excited about the move, even if it's not ideal for me (prefer Minny, my home). Cleveland is "my kinda town" though and it's on the up-and-up, which is always fun to be a part of!!
You'll LOVE cleveland...You'll fall in love with Cleveland all over again

Old 05-20-2011, 01:31 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
Yea, we are pretty attached to our lake. There aren't many ways to enjoy it in DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND which is what we all complain about and maybe what you heard. But there are beaches galore, islands, and other ways to enjoy our lake.

There is also the Ladue Resovoir and many rivers if you are into Kayaking or Canoeing:

Kayak for the Fun of It - Exploring LaDue Reservoir

Old 05-20-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Yea, we are pretty attached to our lake. There aren't many ways to enjoy it in DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND which is what we all complain about and maybe what you heard. But there are beaches galore, islands, and other ways to enjoy our lake.

There is also the Ladue Resovoir and many rivers if you are into Kayaking or Canoeing:

Kayak for the Fun of It - Exploring LaDue Reservoir
beautiful pic!!!!

Old 05-21-2011, 02:33 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,629,105 times
I like the trails, beaches, etc near Edgewater Park on the lake.

Lisa, glad the move is going great for you. For me, the packing is the worst. At least when you unpack you have everything in its assigned boxes and everything is organized.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillytoCincy View Post
I like the trails, beaches, etc near Edgewater Park on the lake.

Lisa, glad the move is going great for you. For me, the packing is the worst. At least when you unpack you have everything in its assigned boxes and everything is organized.
thank you soo much, we just got back from downtown...Husband and kids were absolutely fascinated, to say the least....They never seen tall buildings before, lolol.....I picked the wrong time to go because of the Indians Game!!! It was packed...I loved it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland