Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:31 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,338,911 times

Advertisements

Cleveland has its challenges, but to me the most appealing communites were close to the city....east or west. Character in spades. By the time you get out to Strongville or Avon, you could be in Any Suburban Town, USA. Seriously, you could be blindfolded, transported, have the blindfold removed and not know where the f you are. No matter, off to Applebees. Sad to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 12:52 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,173,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
And where do you live? If I were to move there, would that give me the green light to be dismissive about others' housing preferences at every turn, too?
Is this a roundabout way of insinuating that what I said was incorrect? I don't personally care where they live. What I stated was that Avon/Avon Lake/Westlake et al were not diverse. This is not an opinion, it is fact. Saying you want diversity and then moving to Avon Lake is like saying you want ethnic food and then going to McDonald's.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:01 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,173,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
That is exactly what I said..and it's not putting Cleveland down. Sometimes you have to leave a place to be able to see the changes and not all changes are for the good.
Most of the time, you have to remain in an area long enough to know what the hell you're talking about.

Quote:
Good choices. Keep your kids out of the inner-city; I don't care what 'anyone' has to say about it.
Nobody is telling 'anyone' to move to the inner city. Get off it already.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:40 AM

708 posts, read 1,814,877 times
I thank everyone for their opinion..The bottom line is I must think about my boys education and where we move, if its not diverse, my husband and I will make diverse, lololol.....We really like that area and most likely will move there...We also love cleveland and will be back and forth quite a bit, especially since my family sstill loves in the cleveland area...Again, I really do value everyones opion reguardless of what it is....

Old 07-20-2011, 12:53 PM

4,649 posts, read 4,970,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Is this a roundabout way of insinuating that what I said was incorrect? I don't personally care where they live. What I stated was that Avon/Avon Lake/Westlake et al were not diverse. This is not an opinion, it is fact. Saying you want diversity and then moving to Avon Lake is like saying you want ethnic food and then going to McDonald's.
You don't want to tell me where you live, but no problem, I found it. Independence. Guess you don't "like diversity," either.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:29 PM

Uh I beg the differ...Avon and Avon lake are very diverse to me.of course it's perdomanately white, but I did see different races there including someone I went to school with .....Now I don't know what anyone else is seeing, but when I took my husband and kids out there, they fell in love with it and so did I.......the schools are rated "Excellent with Distinction" http://www.ode.state.oh.us/reportcar...IST/048116.pdf

Old 07-20-2011, 02:46 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,948 times
Independence - 96.7% white hmmmmm
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Maybe some should practice what they preach!

Last edited by Yac; 07-25-2011 at 02:20 AM..

Old 07-20-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Independence - 96.7% white hmmmmm

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed
Maybe some should practice what they preach!
lololol

Last edited by Yac; 07-25-2011 at 02:20 AM..

Old 08-06-2011, 10:39 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,274,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa12230 View Post
I thank everyone for their opinion..The bottom line is I must think about my boys education and where we move, if its not diverse, my husband and I will make diverse, lololol.....We really like that area and most likely will move there...We also love cleveland and will be back and forth quite a bit, especially since my family sstill loves in the cleveland area...Again, I really do value everyones opion reguardless of what it is....
If Avon/Avon Lake match your preferences, no worries, no need to explain it to anyone. We're just saying that it's not really all that diverse compared to most other areas of Greater Cleveland.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:43 AM

3,281 posts, read 6,274,498 times
I think you need to cut Cleveland_Collecter a break. He was never really discussing his own preferences on diversity. He was simply saying that anyone who says that they value diversity as an important aspect of a community is kidding themselves if they think they're going to find it in many of the western suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
View detailed profiles of: